electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc » TC-11
Feature request
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
clarte

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Feature request Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello,

congratulations on a conceptually brilliant and superbly implemented synth, well worth 10 times the price.

I figured I would post a couple of my dream features on here, I'm however not sure whether the implementation would be possible due to the limitation of the iPad hardware.

1. record overdub. the ability to overdub recordings would be a great addition and allow entire pieces to be constructed without the use of third party kit.

2. alongside the oscillators, a sample buffer with granular controls. the thought of having the same assignable touch controls combined with a sample player is making me drool as I write this.

anyhow I hope that your endeavour is paying off and look forward to seeing anything you create in the future
Bit Shape

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm definitely heading towards sample-based objects. Right now it looks like Summer. Granulators, sample playback, background players, etc. I don't think TC-11 will ever quite act like Live, or a multi-track sequencer (for overdubbing), but there should be lots of flexibility for audio file playback.
Horaflora

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally, I would shell out another $30 for a sample manipulation style tc-11 .... but if you can get all that stuff under the hood of the original, even better!
gkillmaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+1 to samples and granular!

I came to this sight to post the very same request. perhaps the ability to record and draw your own samples and even modulators? At the same time I got TC-11, i also got grain synth and virtual synth, amazing what combining samples and drawing spectral parameters can do to the sound. so the best tactile controller TC-11 with this would take it beyond anything I can imagine!

Thanks for this truly inspiring app!
hegeldas

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a hands on, and wow, increadible, just few ideas, a multistage envellope or interpolate possibility in the stepsequencer could be nice, and i don't if it's already possible, but a way to record wath you play on the screen into a daw (midi-sysex-osc), it's very fun to play but it will be nice to have a hands on,

Is it plan to do a pc or mac version
robert@lauriston.com

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: MIDI out Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MIDI out would be nice. I'd particularly like to be able to play Animoog using the TC-11 UI.
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Dropbox communication Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please, can You implement the Dropbox communication directly from TC-11? Very fine if we could download and upload directly from the Download/Upload menu. To send some sound we have to use the email, then after this only, we can record the preset's file to the Drobpox.
But for the moment, there is not possible to use Dropbox to download the preset made by another gux, or by ourselves, and saved previously in Dropbox.
Today I wanted to use an older version of my previous preset, and at that moment I found that the TC-11 is not able to download the file from the Dropbox. And the Dropbox is not able to push it to TC-11... for this i have to use the Mac...
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: MIDI out Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

robert@lauriston.com wrote:
MIDI out would be nice. I'd particularly like to be able to play Animoog using the TC-11 UI.

I'm affraid, that TC-11 is not a simple interface of the MIDI control, but the complet synthesizer... In TC-11 You could probably construct the same sounds like in Moog, and more - you can modified them using all specific iOS parameters.
In this way, Animoog at iOS could be a blind street.
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: FRENCH VERSION Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear colleagues from Bit Shape. I use the french verson of iOS, then all menus of TC-11 are in french.
I'm sorry to tell you, but many of the words you use in French TC-11 are totally incomprehensible to the French people. There are even some that make us smile.
I think you've used for a Canadian or made the translation by Google Translator! The French of Quebec is very pleasant, but if many expressions appear as picturesque, they are no longer used in the current French! If this is Google Translator, the result is even funnier ... You must see with my texts, I use it myself!
(an example: In Sequencer, you have one parameter named: TARIF!!!! I presume this mean RATE in english, but you selected the word in french which means: PRICE LIST! The best solution could be: VITESSE, or TEMPO!
If you need a helping hand, do not hesitate to ask me!
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: MULTIPLE UNDO needed Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like You can see, I made several patches. For editing the patches, we will stronly appreciate the multiple UNDO function.

The problem is that we can make several modification and then and we need to face facts, that the taked direction was unsuccessful.

It is not possible to do a backup at any step, it would be better able to go back up a step that was acceptable, then to go in another direction.
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Granular Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+1 for granular synthesis:
Other granular synths on iOS are (to see, inspire and maybe buy their algorithms):
csGrain (a shit to expensive - granular synth is very poor, the sound is modified by the classical effects)
Curtis (not terrible tool)
Curtis lite (free)
Grain Science - very good, but keyboard oriented
Sylo Synth - little brother of the previous, free, keyboard oriented
iDensity - probably only one synth for real granular synthesis
MegaCurtis (free and paid versions)... nothing from Strange agency is good
Nebula - interessting to use their motor
Sound-Mashin - an obscure thing with an obscure method of granular synth.
Sound Warp - interessting attempt but stay a toy
Wave shaper - very "gestual", but very primitive and simple.
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Creation of the Folder's system for organize presets Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The succes of the specific iSynth is the largest number of the presets, especially those wich could be created by third parties.
If, in the future, TC-11 will dispose several banks of presets (made by third party) we will need to use the system management by folders. This could be done using two columns: the left with the folders, the right with all presets. With this system, we would have today two folders in the left column: 1: Factory and 2: User. In the case of creation of each new preset, the system should ask us, where we would save the preset.
With this system we would need too the effective system for exchange and displacement of individuals presets, for example when we decide to change our classification, so we will need to change some folder's names, create some new, and mmodify their contents... (this system is known in certain iSynths on OSX with those operations: duplicate - swap - displace).
Bit Shape

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: FRENCH VERSION Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BigaMyst wrote:
Dear colleagues from Bit Shape. I use the french verson of iOS, then all menus of TC-11 are in french.
I'm sorry to tell you, but many of the words you use in French TC-11 are totally incomprehensible to the French people. There are even some that make us smile.

If you need a helping hand, do not hesitate to ask me!

I would love help! Please email me at bitshapesoftware (at) gmail (dt) com and I'll send you the translation document. Some other users have helped me with their languages - it helps a lot.
Bit Shape

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: MULTIPLE UNDO needed Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BigaMyst wrote:
Like You can see, I made several patches. For editing the patches, we will stronly appreciate the multiple UNDO function.

I will look into this.

BigaMyst wrote:
If, in the future, TC-11 will dispose several banks of presets (made by third party) we will need to use the system management by folders. This could be done using two columns: the left with the folders, the right with all presets. With this system, we would have today two folders in the left column: 1: Factory and 2: User.

This is pretty accurate to what I'm starting to work on. Folders + group sharing is a feature that I really want. I've got some great user feedback from you and others about what they want (and I want) from the file system.

Also thanks for the list of granular synths on iOS. I have a strong idea of what the granular objects will do, and I'm aiming for the best implementation for the control scheme. It will be interesting to see how processor performance is with the sample-based objects. I have not yet done any testing there, but I have a good idea of what to expect.
robert@lauriston.com

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The #1 thing I'd like would be a minimal MIDI or OSC implementation supporting patch changes. If that's impossible due to limitations in the framework, then single-click next / previous patch buttons in one corner of the screen or maybe an expandable set of radio buttons to which you could assign patches. Anything so that I could switch quickly during live performance.

It would also be better musically if the previous patch would sustain into the next.

A panic button would also be nice.
xStatiCa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another granular synth was released yesterday that looks really good called Borderlands Granular. I havent bought it yet. I really like the way the interface was designed. It reminds me of 'Feed' which is just a simpler sampler.
http://www.appshopper.com/music/borderlands-granular

I still haven't bought TC-11 yet either even though I really want to. I have been following it and searching for every video I can find on it since then (I wish there were more). I am really still holding out for some kind of social sharing of settings to make it easy for people to get settings that others have made directly from the app. I really think this app will take off even more when that happens so I am kinda of waiting and hoping for that feature before shelling out the $. I doubt I will understand the app enough to make big custom changes so I will be dependent on the creativity of others I have a feeling Smile.
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc » TC-11
Jump to: