electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Ken Stone designs - CGS
MOTM Panel for Serge DUSG
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Mongo1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject:  MOTM Panel for Serge DUSG Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi -
I'm working on an MOTM panel for my CGS Serge DUSG boards, and since I haven't done any panels before, wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on what I've got.

Most of the features are self-explanatory, but there are a couple of things I should mention.

1) The top hole in each row is for the activity LED.

2) The RISE pot has a pull switch which connects the END pulse back to the TRIG in, so the unit oscillates.

3) The FALL pot has a pull switch which connects the OUTPUT back into the VC IN to make the unit exhibit log response.

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions on this I'd appreciate it. As I said, I haven't done panels before, so I'd be particularly interested in learning any tricks to cut costs. Also, if anyone would like to do a group buy I'd be interested in doing it.

Thanks
Gary

CGS DUSG#2.fpd
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CGS DUSG#2.fpd
 Filesize:  1.64 KB
 Downloaded:  273 Time(s)

sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: MOTM Panel for Serge DUSG Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your posting is some months old so I guess you already ordered the panel but anyway my 2cts:

- I guess people are too lazy to open the FPD file or install the front panel designer to view it, so I have attached a screenshot of it
- The panel gets cheaper if you don't fill the colors but use the blank Aluminium
- Don't you want to mark the push functions differently? It's looks a bit confusing
- Are you sure there is enough space for the knobs? Looks pretty dense.

cgs_dusg2_139 by Mongo1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.23 KB
 Viewed:  229 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

cgs_dusg2_139 by Mongo1.png

Mongo1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi - Thanks for responding.

I haven't found a good way to mark the push/pull functions. Any suggestions would be welcome. Seriously!

As far as the knob distance, I use the small MOTM style knobs available at smallbear.com - they work really well, and look great! Using them allows me to pack things in on a 1" grid and still have ample room for my banana-like fingers Wink

Gary
sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, Pull Log and Pull Loop would be an idea like on the Malekko Envelator (which is not consistent as the x10 is marked with brackets):

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Ken Stone designs - CGS
Jump to: