electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
16 Days in the Hole
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: 16 Days in the Hole Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have 16 days remaining as a resident of this rehab facility. The jailbreak is planned for Monday the 23rd of July. I have help from social service organizations who have helped make sure I get into a decent apartment, bought me a home full of furniture and supplies, and arranged for in-home services. I'll have folks to help with medication and routine stuff too like cooking and cleaning.

The apartment is in the medical center so I'm close to hospitals in case I need that again, and it's convenient to lots of shopping including a post office, which I will need for mailing out circuit boards related to my new business, emSynth. I'll be designing, assembling, and selling a new line of miniature modular synthesizer boards.

So there is a lot of excitement in my life right now and I'm feeling pretty good most of the time except for the occasional bouts of leg pain which are nasty. There is talk of getting a primary care physician who can help with things like pain management as well. Things are looking up!

Les

Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad to hear it, Les. Best wishes on the next stage of the journey Very Happy
darkvortex
Radio Master

Audio files: 52

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's fantastic news Les! Keep us updated. Don't forget to post us some pics of your work bench Smile
Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to hear Les. Hope it goes smooth. Stop and smell the roses on your way out! Cool
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I feel a bit nostalgic about this place now, it has a certain Texas genteel about it. The elegant foyer and the common areas all decorated for holidays. I'll miss many of the folks here, so in the two weeks that remain I'll be chilling out and relaxing! Definitely pics of the new workshop to follow in 3 weeks or so...

Les

audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome, Les! Looking forward to seeing pics and maybe buying some of your stuff!
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm a free man today! I busted outta rehab today and began settling into my new apt. The main issue now is that I have severe lower leg pain and no pain pills. We got me some extra strength tylenol which helps a good bit and my buddy is going to visit the liquor store for me tomorrow. Then sometime my helper is going to try to pick up the prescription for me. It's sharp, burning pain and I'll do just about anything to stop it. Aside from that all is well here.

Les

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG I took a fall tonight. I had a fear that something like this might happen. I decided to sit in one of my new dining room chairs, you know the wooden simple kind that go around a dining room table when my excessive weight applied enough force to literally shatter the legs of the chair into half a dozen pieces.

I had one of those slow-motion moments you know as I fell back and i was so dang lucky that as the chair slid out from under my butt, it slipped up my back and cradled my neck and head while the whole thing slammed back and embedded itself into the wheelchair which was behind me with the brakes on. I was safe and saved from a life threatening catastrophe by my guardian angels or the Lord or whatever else you want to believe.

Laying on the floor it took about 15 seconds to realize that I had fallen at all, then i checked for pain and blood - none of either. I sat up slowly and awkwardly, my bulk restricting my motion and got up on my knees with one hand on the nearby couch. The kneecaps buckled under the weight but I somehow managed to pull myself up onto the couch, a shaken mess of fear.

That was an hour and a half ago and I'm still shaky. I don't think I'll be able to sleep again tonight. I'm afraid to move though with great care I can.

This type of thing is all too common on moving days or other life changing chaos type days. I'm just thankful to be OK after all this. Whew.

Les

audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm glad you're OK, bro. That sounded like a scary moment, indeed.
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hang in there Les!
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hope your feeling better Les and your settled by now in your new home.

Thinking of you man !

Bill
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: