electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Blofeld public 1.16beta2 released....
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Blofeld public 1.16beta2 released.... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ftp://www.waldorfmusic.de/blofeld/system/BlofeldV1_16B2.zip

Hmm link not working...

try this...

http://wikisend.com/download/105374/BlofeldV1_16B2.mid

To scared to update right now. If anyone has any positive news, please let us know!

Actually the jury's still out on the Blofeld. Too many bugs, not enough development.... and I'm not 100% convinced about the sound either. That DSI Tetra otoh.....

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting. The update seems to have improved the sound! Its made it somewhat brighter. Smile
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
clementshawes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might give this beta a go - I am very happy with my Blofeld though.

So much so that I am, deeply, considering shifting my Virus TI Desktop to fund a Mopho keyboard and Tetra combo.

I can only dream of what a Blo', Mo' and Tetra could do Smile
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The new beta is excellent. Highly recommended!
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PS, do you do Facebook? There's an excellent Waldorf group on Facebook, with many electro-music members there as well (including me).
clementshawes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent - I'll take a look for that in a bit, thanks for the heads-up Smile
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
The new beta is excellent. Highly recommended!

Cool

might have to give it a go

namnibor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard KBC 13 update info?
Subject description: What does this add/correct?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello! Firstly, I finally decidd to buy a Blofeld Keyboard Black Edition. It has O.S. 1.15 and all seems quite good. I held-off purchasing until O.S. kinks worked-out and sorry for ressurrecting a somewhat older post but could someone please tell me two things because unless I am missing it, I cannot see anywhere on Waldorf.de website where other than downloads, an explaination of what O.S. 1.16beta2 and the newer one for Blofeld keyboard, KBC13, what exactly these do/benefit thereof, and ANY user's experience with these and IF they are considered "critical" updates, please? Thanks in advance! FYI--am asking because since my keyboard is operating so great and stable, the old cliche` of "If it isn't broke, don't fix it", really has some logic to it. Plus, am not really keen on ANYTHING "beta", regarding the second update. Thanks in advance! Really love the Blofeld and glad I decided to invest in this instead of the Q-rack, having already two Micro Q Omega's and Microwave XT.
Waldorf: Blofeld, MicroQ Omega, XT, Q-Rack, PULSE PLUS, NAVE, Miniworks 4-Pole; Virus KB and KC; DSI Evolver Desktop and 2-MEK's(poly-chained)-x2; Korg: Wavestation SR, DW-8000; Alesis: Ion, Fusion--for HollowSun SampleBanks; Novation Supernova 1; Quasimidi Polymorph; Roland SH-32; Yamaha: RM1X, CS2X; Elektron Analog Four, MnM mk1; Reaper, Scarlett 18i20, Studio Maine Coone Cat pre-loaded with toxic wavetables on each fang and claw! Military Training! Crossbow:-)
depsilon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard KBC 13 update info? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From your friends at Waldorf...

Blofeld Public Beta Firmware V1.16B2

- Fix for some units that exhibited occasional clicks with Reverb and/or Modwheel
- Less sensible encoder scanning for improved accuracy
- Possible fix for spurious 'Init' sound program deadlock situation
- Category search improved

Since the most annoying bugs are those that only occur on some units under
very specific circumstances, we would be happy about any feedback, positive
or negative, about this public beta firmware.

Please send you findings to blofeld@waldorfmusic.de

Your Waldorf Team
namnibor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard KBC 13?
Subject description: what is this update?

Thanks for such a quick response on the beta update! Now, what exactly is the Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard KBC13 update that is rather new as well, please? Thanks in advance!
Waldorf: Blofeld, MicroQ Omega, XT, Q-Rack, PULSE PLUS, NAVE, Miniworks 4-Pole; Virus KB and KC; DSI Evolver Desktop and 2-MEK's(poly-chained)-x2; Korg: Wavestation SR, DW-8000; Alesis: Ion, Fusion--for HollowSun SampleBanks; Novation Supernova 1; Quasimidi Polymorph; Roland SH-32; Yamaha: RM1X, CS2X; Elektron Analog Four, MnM mk1; Reaper, Scarlett 18i20, Studio Maine Coone Cat pre-loaded with toxic wavetables on each fang and claw! Military Training! Crossbow:-)
depsilon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard KBC 13? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From Waldorf -

BlofeldKBC13.mid

This firmware for the Blofdeld Keyboard fixes a reported issue with some
keyboards where unreliable note-on velocities were perceived when repeating
notes with high release velocities. It is recommended for all Blofeld
Keyboard, regardless if the issue is present or not. To perform this upgrade,
please connect your Blofeld Keyboard to a PC or Mac and play the MIDI File
BlofeldKBC13.mid to the Blofeld via USB. For Windows XP, we recommend using
the Media Player, for all others you can use Spectre, which can be downloaded
from our website www.waldorfmusic.de .

Note that this fix only applies to Blofeld Keyboard, the desktop version can
not load this upgrade due to the lack of a keyboard MCU.

Regards,
Your Waldorf Team
namnibor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Thank you!!
Subject description: Waldorf Customer Service

Wow! Quick response and I thank you very very much! The is proof-positive that great folks at Waldorf actually monitor the feedback of their customers as well as questions!
Since you (Waldorf) are monitoring these posts, I want to give kudos to your industrial design team regarding the Blofeld Keyboard Black Edition's back panel that has a lip coming down lower than main body! In my set-up, I have the most strong two-tier OnStage Stands, with my Access Virus KB on top of this rack. The Blofeld Keyboard's bottom/back lip acts as a lever/hook to literally hang-off the 75% blank surface of the Virus B Keyboard PERFECTLY, albeit the 49 keyboard of Blofeld's upper-most one and half octaves or so hangs out to right, albeit I would not do this with a cheaper/low quality two-tier stand, but I also have a fullt weighted 88 keyboard on lower rack for even more leverage. Even so, will get male/female velcro to affix it as a fail-safe, but just thought to thank you for this excellent design, whether intended for this way I have used or not--perhaps others will benefit from this "A-HA" utilitarian use from this post!
May I ask, (even though off-topic), when we shall see the Pulse 2 released? Razz

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You may also want to join up with Kay Dee from Waldorf on his Blofeld page on Facebook too? There's a really good and supportive community there. Smile
namnibor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: My opinion on Facebook
Subject description: Facebook

Thanks for that tip, although I simply am qay too private of an individual to join the Social Media swarm, regardless of potentially obvious advantages of doing so. Once one joins the "swarm", an aspect of one's individuality indeed is shed. Yes, perhaps my own observation, but I view Facebook akin to George Orwell's "Group-Think", depicted in his excellent novel, "1984". Lastly, Smartphones are actually an oxymoron in that at least all over the USA, people are more ingrossed in updating/answering their Social Media than actually paying attention when crossing a street or dumb enough to place more attention on Social Media than driving a two ton automobile at 70 miles per hour! Would-be thieves are using Social Media to monitor when a family goes to work, church, out for any reason on any regularity--and they do not ever need to "case" the actual home before robbing because members of Social Media do ALL the work for them! Wake-up people!
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: My opinion on Facebook
Subject description: Facebook

namnibor wrote:
I simply am qay too private of an individual to join the Social Media swarm

So what's electro-music.com if it isn't social media? I personally can't see the difference? If we didn't have social media I would have thought that the Egyptian elections currently taking place today, would never have happened. Sorry for the OT, but I can't help thinking that it is conspiratorial paranoia and alarmism that is the real bogeyman?

namnibor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Social Media
Subject description: Facebook specifically

I am speaking of "FACEBOOK" only, and only for myself. Yes, Twitter and Facebook have been instrumental in geo-political means and for business as well. This electro-musician is a "FORUM", which is not social media in the Facebook variety that I personally have a problem with their privacy policies--again, that's just me; not some "conspiracy theory or paranoia". As a recently Disabled Veteran and now medically retired;regardless of privacy settings available on say Facebook specifically--the Veteran's Admn. has actually revoked many Veteran's Disability Assignment by abstractly viewing if a Veteran with PTSD can interact and use Facebook, they have used this as a means of determining those veterans can then work, regardless of even physical limitations.
Meanwhile, ANY Politician, even a poorly performing one that serves just one, two-year term gets a pension for rest of their life. Yet, in an effort to perhaps save the gov't money--on the very backs of we that have had sand in our shoes in formidable conditions fighting to preserve liberty and democracy/freedoms--utilizing social media in their abstract and arcane minds could possibly be the path for yet more Veterans to literally be homeless, losing benefits, etc.
So I guess I have qualified why I choose to remain private and not jeopardize what I served for 23 years to receive. FYI--there's quite a gray area of what really defines "social media", but Forums, which this indeed is, definitely has differences from say an online political Blog. Perhaps apples to oranges, but since Veteran's Admn. treats those of us with PTSD as outcasts, they will do everything possible to not grant or take away granted benefits. I know it may not make sense unless you have personally been part of the Dept. Of Defense System, but it is what it is. That's the great thing about individuality and freedom--I can remain in perhaps the "minority" of non-Social Media crowd. If that somehow makes me perceived as being a non-conformist, then Orwell's "Brave New World" and "1984" depiction of "Group Think" has defined those that come to that conclusion. Consider at the musical, home studio level on many forums where there's those that are so anti-hardware that they believe they are somehow superior to those of us that chose not to go the vst route. Human Psychology is indeed an interesting study and Social Media such as example of Facebook as the topic here, has actually openned-up a whole new field of addictive behaviors and new generation that cannot actually physically interact as well as they can do so by sending a text. To each their own--no different than prefering hardware sequencers over DAW-centric studio. Peace!

namnibor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Blofeld Keyboard
Subject description: Waldorf

Back to music-related topic; I really think the Blofeld keyboard (Black Edition), is a real masterpiece. love the build, sounds, and depth of sound design capabilities. An extremely great value for one's money and thank you for info on the updates in OP's question of what they contained/beneits!
clementshawes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So anyway, my Blofeld is bullet-proof with the latest f/w. It used to flake out in multimode but not so much now - small glitches but not full freezes
Babushkabot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys,

I was sick for a while and haven't used my Blofeld for six months. I've updated my Macbook to OSX 10.7.4 and my Blofeld is running v1.15. It won't show up in my Audio Midi set up arg!! I'm using a proper USB 2.0 cable.

Should I update to the beta - any recommendations please I want to start making music again Sad

I am getting a new Macbook Pro retina 2.8 in a few weeks..

Thanks Raya xx
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should update the OS anyway. Smile

I've heard a few problems with compatibility problems with Lion and the Blofeld, but the answer really is don't use the USB port. Use the MIDI ports instead, as MIDI is still the industry standard. The USB port afaik is only really there for updates etc.

and welcome to electro-music.com Raya! Very Happy

Babushkabot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks v-un-v Very Happy

Just bought a midi cable and connected to the Xio all working now..I might wait for a friend to come round to show me how to update it via midi as I'm not very confident.

In other news I just went on a shopping spree thanks to a scholarship from uni..
M-Audio DSM2's, Maschine & Ableton on order. Thank you generous donators Wink
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Jump to: