electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Correction: I'm *not* making TR-808 Voice Boards...
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 5 of 10 [247 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next

How would you like the 808 voices to be arranged?
Two pcbs with six voices each.
28%
 28%  [ 15 ]
Three pcbs with four voices each.
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
Individual pcbs with one voice each.
50%
 50%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 52

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile

Tom.

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Geez man, I hope you and your family get a break sometime! Free trips to Hawaii or something! Shocked

"IC 741. Sometimes you don't want fidelity." -Small Bear Electronics Catalog
netpusher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Refund Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doug, myself along with several others have been trying to contact you regarding refunds for the MB808 project for months now. You have not replied to my emails which I have sent, 5 so far nor have you read the pm's i sent you on the midibox forum. Can you please refund my deposit?
7 hz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

netpusher wrote:
Doug, myself along with several others have been trying to contact you regarding refunds for the MB808 project for months now. You have not replied to my emails which I have sent, 5 so far nor have you read the pm's i sent you on the midibox forum. Can you please refund my deposit?

Indeed.

Why don't you reply to emails? You say this is the best way to contact you, then you consistently ignore people. There have been many complaints about this over the last 2 1/2 years, and now myself and other users are experiencing the same thing.

REPLY TO THE EMAILS AND REFUND THE MONEY, OR WE WILL BE INITIATING LEGAL PROCEEDINGS AGAINST YOU.

Dougster wrote:
It's fun explaining to your wife that you don't want to spend $1700 on her car because you need it for circuit boards that a bunch of people have been waiting for...

That money is ours, not yours or your wife's. AFAIAA, you have got about $4000 in deposits, which should have been ample to get things done. None of that should have even remotely been mixed with your personal finances!

jaidee wrote:
For several months after ordering you gave the very distinct impression that all that was holding up delivery was an order of pots (to quote from the web site as at January 2011 "YAY!!!! The potentiometers are *finally* on their way to me!!! That means I'm going to be able to ship kits!"). I was a bit shocked subsequently to find that you did not have the PCBs...

I was also shocked about this, but thought perhaps I had picked up something wrong. I was indeed under that impression as well.

It seems that we have 'just been waiting on one more thing' since 2 1/2 years ago.

Doug - you need to sort this out right away. I am very offended and deeply annoyed that you have moved to yet another forum, and in fact were planning other projects, when this project you started and took deposits for languishes in no-mans-land, with no communication to those who paid you a $100 deposit, and endless excuses revolving around either your personal life (not interested, everyone has problems), or parts availability (just one more part... endlessly).

We expect a refund of the money by the end of this week. If you don't know who has contacted you, you should email everyone with a deposit and ask them if they would like a refund. Failure to deal with this will result in legal proceedings starting next Monday, 23rd of July 2012.
Dougster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

7 hz wrote:
Dougster wrote:
It's fun explaining to your wife that you don't want to spend $1700 on her car because you need it for circuit boards that a bunch of people have been waiting for...
That money is ours, not yours or your wife's. AFAIAA, you have got about $4000 in deposits, which should have been ample to get things done. None of that should have even remotely been mixed with your personal finances!

Interesting first post. (Welcome to this forum BTW!) My quote above was intended to illustrate that I don't spend a lot of money on other things. That $1700 I referenced isn't yours or anyone else's. It was yet more of my own money that I added into this project. Seems like you haven't read all of the notes about the project, or you would know that I have almost twelve thousand dollars invested in the four colors of E-Switches alone. To be explicit, none of the deposit money has been used towards anything other than the MB-808 project itself. However, I'm relatively sure at this point that you aren't interested in those details.

Quote:
I am very offended and deeply annoyed that you have moved to yet another forum

As I explained on the web site, I haven't been able to resurrect the original project forum. Sorry. Are you saying you don't think I should be able to participate in any other forums at all?

Quote:
We expect a refund of the money by the end of this week.

Certainly. At this point, I don't think either of us wants you to be on the list for this project... Wink

Regards,
Doug

Every DIY person should own a copy of Electronotes: http://electronotes.netfirms.com

Blue LEDs are evil.
7 hz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I was you, I'd apologize for ignoring everyones emails, and issue an immediate refund.

Where is my refund?

Dougster wrote:
That $1700 I referenced isn't yours or anyone else's. It was yet more of my own money that I added into this project. Seems like you haven't read all of the notes about the project, or you would know that I have almost twelve thousand dollars invested in the four colors of E-Switches alone.

Why are you adding your own money to the project? How are you going to recoup $12000??? What are you doing? How is this a viable project? What would the final bill be? Why aren't you getting the kits out? You must be sitting on tens of thousands of dollars worth of components. For years!

Dougster wrote:
To be explicit, none of the deposit money has been used towards anything other than the MB-808 project itself. However, I'm relatively sure at this point that you aren't interested in those details.

I only want my refund, the one I requested 6 months ago, in several polite emails, that all went unanswered.

Dougster wrote:
I haven't been able to resurrect the original project forum. Sorry. Are you saying you don't think I should be able to participate in any other forums at all?

I'm saying the 1st forum got messed up, then you were posting on http://midibox.org/forums/forum/17-miscellaneous/ , now you flaked out of the second forum and are posting here, apparently trying to start up a new project. Think about how that makes the people, the ones that trusted you with their money 2 1/2 years ago, feel...

Dougster wrote:
At this point, I don't think either of us wants you to be on the list for this project... Wink

I don't think I have been clear enough. I want nothing to do with you or your project. The people that have asked for a refund want that refund. We are all sick of the excuses and delays and non-communication.

Can I be clearer than that?

Where are the refunds? When will we expect them?

Date / time please.
Dougster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

7 hz wrote:
Why are you adding your own money to the project? How are you going to recoup $12000??? What are you doing? How is this a viable project? What would the final bill be? Why aren't you getting the kits out? You must be sitting on tens of thousands of dollars worth of components. For years!

Exactly. And you forgot to include, "especially since this is a MIDIbox project and you're not allowed to make a profit from it." Sigh...

Quote:

Date / time please.

It usually takes three business days for money to be transferred. I'm going to assume that means it will be Monday, the 23rd of July, 2012 before I can send it to you. Please expect an email from paypal by the end of the day, Tuesday, July 24th, 2012, midnight UTC.

Regards,
Doug

Every DIY person should own a copy of Electronotes: http://electronotes.netfirms.com

Blue LEDs are evil.
7 hz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dougster wrote:
7 hz wrote:

Date / time please.

It usually takes three business days for money to be transferred. I'm going to assume that means it will be Monday, the 23rd of July, 2012 before I can send it to you. Please expect an email from paypal by the end of the day, Tuesday, July 24th, 2012, midnight UTC.

You can pay with PayPal straight away. I personally have two methods, either C/Card, or direct from my bank. You should have access to one or other of those methods. Can you do that and make an immediate payment please.

Do you know my PayPal email address? Do you know the particulars of the other parties that have requested refunds? Can you confirm (via email) to the parties whom you will be issuing refunds to?
Dougster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

7 hz wrote:
You can pay with PayPal straight away.

Yes, if the money is in the account that paypal is linked to. I have requested a transfer from a different bank to the bank my paypal account is connected to. That is what takes the three days. After that, it should be an instant transfer.

You asked for a date and time. I gave it to you. Please be patient until then.

Blue LEDs are evil.
7 hz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you.

7 hz wrote:
Do you know my PayPal email address? Do you know the particulars of the other parties that have requested refunds? Can you confirm (via email) to the parties whom you will be issuing refunds to?

Can you answer the above please. It is ok if the answer is "I'm not sure", "I don't know" "I need help" etc, we can sort that out. I would be severely distressed if there were any complications in this.
Dougster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

7 hz wrote:
Can you answer the above please. It is ok if the answer is "I'm not sure", "I don't know" "I need help" etc, we can sort that out. I would be severely distressed if there were any complications in this.

Seems that you are already distressed more than enough. I'm at the day job now, so I don't have access to any of that information just this instant.

While I was recovering from the torn retina, I used a screen reader for email. Somehow I ended up with all my email in one big folder, 780 MB! I plan to sort that out this weekend and then pull the paypal transaction records and reconcile everything. Monday, after I check to see if the funds have transferred, I will send you an email before I make the paypal transaction.

Blue LEDs are evil.
Dougster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dougster wrote:
I will send you an email before I make the paypal transaction.

Email sent. I didn't find anything in my email account that said "7 hz" anywhere, but I think I know who you are. Please confirm...

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
Dougster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, weird. I received a reply to my email, but the person I thought was 7 hz said they were something different. Sorry 7hz, I have no idea who you are.

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
netpusher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you forgotten about my refund as well? Shall I send you my info again, making this the 6th attempt???
Dougster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please sir, refer to a previous post where I said that I would have these completed by the end of the day, Tuesday, July 24th, 2012, midnight UTC. Looking back, I see that I did not explicitly include you in that particular message, but the time frame applies equally to you both.

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
netpusher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dougster wrote:
Please sir, refer to a previous post where I said that I would have these completed by the end of the day, Tuesday, July 24th, 2012, midnight UTC. Looking back, I see that I did not explicitly include you in that particular message, but the time frame applies equally to you both.

Regards,
Doug

Not debating the time frame Doug, inquiring due to the fact that I have not received an email verification as of yet from you since you have been attempting contact with 7hz. Do you need my contact info and paypal info? If you need any sort of verification I have a record of all emails from you dating back to the original deposit verification in May of 2010.
Dougster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tony,

Just sent you an email for confirmation...

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
netpusher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you - I received it and just replied back.
Dougster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just for some closure, both these guys were given refunds yesterday, before the time I gave as a deadline.

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
infindebula

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everyone loves a happy ending. kiss

Hey Doug, just wondering if you had yet determined whether you are satisfied with the prototype board, and/or ordered the final production run.
7 hz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got the refund from Doug. I am sorry I had to be such a git to get it though, and disappointed that no apology was given for not replying to emails.

Anyway, all done now, and no hard feelings. I wish everyone the best.
Dougster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

7 hz wrote:
I am sorry I had to be such a git to get it though, and disappointed that no apology was given for not replying to emails.

Apology: I'm sorry, I only received two email messages from 7Hz before I learned via the forum that he wanted a refund. The first was the paypal message and the second was a status query shortly after that. I'm sorry I didn't have anything else to respond to and I'm glad that the forum provided another means of communication.

Regards,
Doug

P.S. Infindebula, I have placed the order for the production boards... Smile

Blue LEDs are evil.
Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dougster wrote:
P.S. Infindebula, I have placed the order for the production boards... Smile

Whoohoo! Thanks and congrats, Doug! Very Happy

"IC 741. Sometimes you don't want fidelity." -Small Bear Electronics Catalog
7 hz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dougster wrote:
7 hz wrote:
I am sorry I had to be such a git to get it though, and disappointed that no apology was given for not replying to emails.

Apology: I'm sorry, I only received two email messages from 7Hz before I learned via the forum that he wanted a refund. The first was the paypal message and the second was a status query shortly after that. I'm sorry I didn't have anything else to respond to and I'm glad that the forum provided another means of communication.

I presume you are referring to the PayPal payment and then an email I sent after that asking if you had got it ok?

Well, I have sent you more emails than that. I sent a polite refund request 29/2/2012, which got no answer, then another on the 14/4/2012 asking for at least a reply. To which I got no reply.
Dougster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

7 hz wrote:
I presume you are referring to the PayPal payment and then an email I sent after that asking if you had got it ok?

Yes.

Quote:
Well, I have sent you more emails than that. I sent a polite refund request 29/2/2012, which got no answer, then another on the 14/4/2012 asking for at least a reply. To which I got no reply.

I'm sorry, I searched through the 800+ MB of email I have, including the spam box. I did not find either of those two messages.

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 5 of 10 [247 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: