electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Let's see your Lunetta!
Page 18 of 22 [526 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
JingleJoe

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cynosure wrote:
JingleJoe wrote:
my baby brother likes the sounds it makes Very Happy

*bobs head with JingleBaby* cheers

Jinglebaby Approved. The sign of quality!
I liked them sounds too! couldn't write a long post because I was holding a baby Rolling Eyes
Have you got a thread about the details of your lunettas, Draal? Seems like you should make a nice little compendium now Smile "Ye Threade of Ye Olde Draal's Big fuggin' Lunetta" Very Happy

Green Dungeon Alchemist Laboratories
Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JingleJoe wrote:
Cynosure wrote:
JingleJoe wrote:
my baby brother likes the sounds it makes Very Happy

*bobs head with JingleBaby* cheers

Jinglebaby Approved. The sign of quality!
I liked them sounds too! couldn't write a long post because I was holding a baby Rolling Eyes
Have you got a thread about the details of your lunettas, Draal? Seems like you should make a nice little compendium now Smile "Ye Threade of Ye Olde Draal's Big fuggin' Lunetta" Very Happy

Thanks for the comments guys! I have a pretty amateur blog mentioning some of the things I've built, tested. I do need to make it a bit more polished with more pics and descriptions of my machines though. Time is my enemy Laughing !

My blog: cmoslove@blogspot.com

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Draal, nice Lunetta and baby; his sounds are great too... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
textual

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

been a while since I began this guy.. its been done though since May.
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

www.textualmusic.com
www.mercuryprogram.com
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that looks like a great machine! I bet it's gonna provide a lot of future fun Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JingleJoe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to make a thread for that and fill it with demos!

Draal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a sweet machine. Hey text, show em some of your old clips on this bad boy! Of course anything new is jackson dancing
textual

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes there are lots of demo vids at youtube/textualmusic

and a full description etc.. at www.dlbelectronics.com

www.textualmusic.com
www.mercuryprogram.com
droffset

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's very awesome Textual, great work.

Edit: Spelling mistakes.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

droffset wrote:
That's very awesome Textual, great work.

I quite agree!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
transponderfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everybody,

to introduce myself, here is something that qualifies as a Lunetta, a 4093 NAND (left, wooden box) patched into an APC (green box). It has almost every mod I found on the web, 3 modulation inputs and a 555 LFO. What I like best is the starve pot, which makes it very noisy together with the additional pots and switches. I am not really able to play it the way I see it on all the YouTube videos (a quality I like).

Note the cases: The green one is from the Swedish furniture outlet, the plastic is nice to work with and you can take off the lid, which is great for drilling and soldering.
The left one (wood) is a cutlery box from the same furniture outlet. I bought several of them because they were dirt cheap, look nice and I bought some birch plywood to make faceplates for them. Someday I hope they will end up as standalone with proper plexi or metal covers.

Above, you can see what I am working on: an old violin case that will be the home of my Lunetta (the 4093 will be the first module). I want it to be a self-contained machine which I can play on my lap, that's why I put a speaker in it (silver, left side). The woodwork is almost done (glueing cracks, inserting the plywood for the faceplates/controls), next is soldering and drilling.

Let me end saying that I have been lurking here for quite a while, and want to say a big Thank You to all you people sharing their knowledge here and elsewhere. I have learned a lot from you, Kudos. Very Happy
textual

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

transponderfish wrote:

Let me end saying that I have been lurking here for quite a while, and want to say a big Thank You to all you people sharing their knowledge here and elsewhere. I have learned a lot from you, Kudos. Very Happy

Nice! great machines! welcome to the forum!

www.textualmusic.com
www.mercuryprogram.com
textual

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the comments, here is a recording from recent.. [url][/url][/code]
www.textualmusic.com
www.mercuryprogram.com
tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, that was beautifull! thanks for sharing textual
noise
attdestroyers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Textual - Best lunetta recording ever. Beautiful is definitely the word.

I'm jealous
RingMad

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A little jam with my thing, which is STILL on the breadboards. It's getting close to critical mass, but there are still details I have to work out before building a more permanent home for it. And a good name to find for it!

In the meantime, some fun. In this video: a pseudo-random 4-bit generator (40174+4070) feeds an R/2R DAC. The resulting voltage is split and sent to two things:
1. a 4046 VCO with a glide control
2. the CV-in of a 4023 pulse-width-modulation oscillator, which then goes through a triangle waveshaper (4011+4015).

[ link: http://youtu.be/JWXbtgKunJY ]

James
Mikmo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep the cat of the table Smile

I really like the senation of multiple things going on at the same time.

Draal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

textual

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RingMad wrote:
A little jam with my thing, which is STILL on the breadboards. It's getting close to critical mass, but there are still details I have to work out before building a more permanent home for it. And a good name to find for it!

James

really awesome sounds man..

www.textualmusic.com
www.mercuryprogram.com
nathanxl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RingMad wrote:
James

Really nice Ringmad.

What did you endup doing to get glide/slew control?
JingleJoe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nathanxl wrote:
RingMad wrote:
James

Really nice Ringmad.

What did you endup doing to get glide/slew control?

If it was my suggestion: Pre-emptive you're welcome.
If it wasn't: pre-emptive, thanks for the tip Wink

RingMad

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks all for kind comments.

nathanxl wrote:
What did you endup doing to get glide/slew control

Well, JingleJoe helped, but ultimately I followed the corrected "Glide4" schematic found in this thread: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-35379.html .

Except I used a 15nF cap and half an LM324 (in unipolar)... which isn't a JFET opamp AFAIK, but it's what I had to hand and it sounded good to me, so didn't bother digging out a TL072 or something. Using a cap larger than 22nF seemed to mangle the sound too much for my taste... the way I have it now gives a nice triangular sortof sound I like.

James.
nathanxl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RingMad wrote:
I followed the corrected "Glide4" schematic found in this thread: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-35379.html .

James.

I hadnt seen this thread but Its very similar to the slew I used on my R2R DAC module.
Reading through it gave me the tip on how to fix the pitch drift when turning the pot.
Thanks and great sounds.
N
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Modular Lunetta Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last week I finally started on a modular lunetta system. I really like banana's (jacks and fruit banana)
but they are a bit too pricey and you need a lot! And the PCB connectors are a bit to flimsy for my liking.
So I decided to use the bolts and crocks method after having some experience with this (and being
quite pleased with it), when I was working on some synth stuff.

but what really got me started is when I realised that I could use perfboard to make the front panels.
It's very easy to cut to the right size, you can solder components on it directly (great for mounting LED's)
and you don't need to measure anything when drilling holes for bolts/switches/jacks and whatnuts.
just count the holes for the right spacing. Very Happy

I used PCB connectors to mount the boards that hold the chips and other components. and on some modules
I also used them as an actual connector at the same time. I'm not completely sure yet about what I'm
gonna use for the power distribution, but I think I'll use cinch connectors like attdestroyers (but with + & - combined)

And I just found out that the space between the mounting holes and the edges of the fronts is just
right to mount them on a rail Razz spacing between top and bottom isn't a standard rack size so I have to
make something custom, but this will make mounting the modules very easy.

so here are some photo's I'll post more info about them at some later time, but feel free to ask,..

modlunetta - 01.jpg
 Description:
first 4 lunetta modules:
Power input / flame-LED oscillators / 4040 divider / triple R2R
 Filesize:  1.42 MB
 Viewed:  1482 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

modlunetta - 01.jpg

modlunetta - 02.jpg
 Description:
first 4 lunetta modules: backside
 Filesize:  1.42 MB
 Viewed:  1391 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

modlunetta - 02.jpg

Last edited by PHOBoS on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Putting the rest of us to shame, as usual Laughing
Page 18 of 22 [526 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: