electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » External Control
Editor Moog Minitaur
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
smut

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Editor Moog Minitaur Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my first post post.

As the minitaur has hiddden knobs only usable by connecting the moog editor software, I thougt it would be helpful to have all within the G2. As I can see, nearly all is functional now, except storing the patches within the G2.

It is important to screw only the G2-knobs before storing, because the minitaur has no midi-out for sending changes back to the G2.

Does somebody have an idea how to save the settings within the G2, especially in combination with the G2- editor and "patch mutator"? The G2 does not send the settings to the minitaur, stored before.

Minitaur.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Minitaur.pch2
 Filesize:  3.38 KB
 Downloaded:  302 Time(s)

varice

Audio files: 22
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome to electro-music smut Exclamation

I sure am tempted to get a Moog Minitaur Exclamation

I believe that you can get your patch to act like a Minitaur patch saver by adding a Status module to your patch. Connect the Variation Active output to all of the Send inputs of the MIDI Automate modules in your patch. This will at least send all MIDI parameters with any G2 Variation change (with the result of each G2 variation acting like a Minitaur preset). If your G2 patch does not also send MIDI to the Minitaur when it is loaded into the G2, you may be able to get this to work by adding a Logic Gate module set as an OR gate. Connect the Status module Patch Active output to one of the OR gate inputs, and the Variation Active output to the other OR gate input, and then the gate output to the MIDI module Send inputs. Give that a try and let us know if it works.

smut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for the warm welcome and your tips.
I never tried the status module before.

Your last point, to connect the gate output to the midi module send inputs is not possible. Question Idea

patch_minitaur_new.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  212.28 KB
 Viewed:  114 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

patch_minitaur_new.jpg

Minitaur2_Var_Active.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Minitaur2_Var_Active.pch2
 Filesize:  3.56 KB
 Downloaded:  289 Time(s)

varice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

smut wrote:
...Your last point, to connect the gate output to the midi module send inputs is not possible. Question Idea

I'm sorry, my tip was not clear and also has a mistake. Embarassed

I suggested the last point only if your G2 patch does not send MIDI as soon as it loaded with only the Variation Active output connected to the MIDI send inputs. If not, then you would need to disconnect the Variation Output from the MIDI send inputs, then add an AND gate (instead of an OR gate) and connect both the Patch Active and Variation Active outputs to the two inputs of the AND gate, then connect only the AND gate output to all of the MIDI send inputs.

smut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not really satisfied with the last suggestion. (Nevertheless, thanks a lot for input, I'm still a beginner.)
Some stored patches are not the same after recall. The version before is better, but not really nice, e.g. to have the same mod-trim as the patch has, it is needed to move the mod-wheel. Rolling Eyes and some patches stored on the 8 buttons within a patch are sometimes similar but not 100%. hmm.

Although this patch is a very simple one (only CC's to the functions) it makes little, but essential trouble in basic things? Rolling Eyes

minitaurV2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.31 KB
 Viewed:  91 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

minitaurV2.jpg

varice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, the G2 does not store the modulation wheel (CC 1) setting with the patch. You might try adding a separate MIDI module for that, but I’m not sure how it will interact with the mod wheel.

Another suggestion that may make this patch work better: instead of connecting the AND gate output to all of the send inputs, connect the AND gate output to only the first MIDI send input, and then connect the “D” (delay) output of the first MIDI module to the send input of the second MIDI module, then repeat this for the rest of the MIDI modules so that they are all connected in series. The MIDI module “D” output is a slightly delayed trigger output that occurs just after the send input is triggered. This will result each MIDI module sending its value in a series controlled sequence. The G2 and/or Minitaur may respond better.

Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » External Control
Jump to: