electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » How-tos
I need urgent help with modern progressive bass lines.
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
projektwelve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: I need urgent help with modern progressive bass lines. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello All!

I joined this forum because for the longest time now I haven't been able to find specific tutorials to put together the type of baselines that many progressive house/trance artists like Tritonal and Norin&Rad are using in their tracks. I'm having the hardest time putting something together, arranging the baseline, eq'ing it, it just never sounds anywhere near what I'm trying to accomplish because I have no tutorials to follow that talk about this specifically. Here are a few samples of the type of baselines I'm talking about:

Norin&Rad - Bloom: From the very beginning you can hear the type of bassline:

youtu. be/ p4pUWe88rVM

Tritonal - Slave: Also from the beginning the baseline plays

youtu. be/ hxDTzQLrFBc

These two songs are pretty much the type and style of track I desire to complete. Yet I get started on a project, make it until the drop into the baseline, and then I have to abandon the project because I have no clue how to put this together. So to wrap it up, I'm looking for kind souls to shine some light, point me in the right direction, post links to tutorials, write your own approaches to this style. I need to learn how to compose these baselines, as well as how to EQ and mix them. I know it sounds like much to ask for such a newbie like me, but you have no idea how grateful I would be if I could finally figure out how to continue with my work. The closest I've gotten to some sort of explanation on the subject was at the Anjunabeats forum, but people there never want to tell you how they got the sound put together, hope there will be someone willing to share their knowledge.
Thank you all in advance and best regards.

-projektxII
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » How-tos
Jump to: