electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Nord Lead 2X multiple outputs and midi controllers
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
gribi4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Nord Lead 2X multiple outputs and midi controllers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi.
I have a few questions about it. I use Logic 9.

1. How can I use NL in more then one midi track?
2. NL playing as synth in midi track. How can I use it as midi controller for another tracks?

I'm new with it. Please help!!!
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Nord Lead 2X multiple outputs and midi controllers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gribi4 wrote:
Hi.
I have a few questions about it. I use Logic 9.
welcome gribi4
Quote:
1. How can I use NL in more then one midi track?
To set the Slots to different Midi channels:
Manual Page 77 wrote:
1. Set up the Slots that you plan to use so that they transmit/receive on the desired MIDI Channels. To
set a Slot’s MIDI Channel, hold down SHIFT, and press MIDI CH. Then select the Slot, and set the
value. See page 67 for details.
2. Set the program Slots that you don’t plan to use, to MIDI Channel ‘oFF’. This is to ensure they
don’t play any sound unintentionally.
3. Select the desired Program for each Slot.
4. If your sequencer requires you to transmit on a certain MIDI Channel (the same MIDI Channel as
the Slot receives on), select the desired Slot, before recording.
5. If needed, set the sequencer up to record and play back on the desired MIDI Channel.
6. Activate recording and play the Nord Lead 2X.
7. For an overdub with a new sound, select a new Track with a new MIDI Channel in the sequencer.

Quote:
2. NL playing as synth in midi track. How can I use it as midi controller for another tracks?

Use one of the four Slots as the controller. This Slos has to have the same Midi channel setting as the channel you want to control. Shut down the Gain, so the Slot doesn’t produce any sound. Be sure the controlling Slot is active (LED is blinking). Be sure the synth is sending and receiving Midi. Be sure not to touch the keyboard (will produce extra Midi notes).
But then comes the tricky part…
Is the setting of the Panel knobs the same as the parameters of the sounding Program? Probably not! You can set the knob by ear into the starting position. This is a quick way and has to be done every time you want to start from the beginning of the track.
The other way is knowing what the value of the parameter is being used in the Program. You can use a tool (NordGen) in which you can read out the value or use the first way to use your ears. To set the knob into the right value or to read it out on the Panel, press [Shift+ LFO wave form] and the value shows in the LCD screen as soon you touch the knob. By ear set it to the right sound and look at the value. Write it down and set it each time you want to start over again to the starting value by hand.
You can’t use an automation…
I know, it’s rather complicated, but remember, the NordLead dates from the beginning of the Midi era!
Quote:
I'm new with it. Please help!!!
We all once were…

Wout
gribi4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanx Wout
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Jump to: