electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Let's see your Lunetta!
Page 19 of 22 [526 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
-minus-

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks somewhat like LSD blotter art to me shakng2
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Modular Lunetta case Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elmegil wrote:
Putting the rest of us to shame, as usual Laughing
Cool thanks!
there are a lot of very nice creations in this thread Very Happy

-minus- wrote:
That looks somewhat like LSD blotter art to me shakng2
Shocked
actually, it's quite funny you say that because I did search for a blotter template to use. (didn't find one, didn't want to make one)

I just finished the case, made from a crappy rack case I got a while back. I turned it around facing front down,
flipped the sides so those mounting 'ears' are facing inwards, moved the existing rails and added 2 extra.
It's not what I originally had in mind, which was 3 modules high, not as wide and made of wood,
but I'm happy with it Razz

I probably should record some sounds, maybe I'll do that later tonight and post some more info on the modules.

modlunetta - 03.jpg
 Description:
modular lunetta: case
 Filesize:  63.74 KB
 Viewed:  506 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

modlunetta - 03.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
-minus-

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess you may have seen this site?

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_images_gallery1.shtml

Anyway, looks good what you have come up with. Hope the panels are double dipped. Look forward to some patching done with your tongue. Laughing
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-minus- wrote:
I guess you may have seen this site?

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_images_gallery1.shtml

yes, I know erowid,. some really great designs there (might use some for a future front), but no blank ones.

Quote:
Anyway, looks good what you have come up with. Hope the panels are double dipped. Look forward to some patching done with your tongue. Laughing

Challenge accepted! Cool (not gonna use a wallwart when I do that, and have to figure out a way to record it)
might actually be interesting, reminds me of a circuit I saw some years ago. an oscillator made with a
CMOS chip (4049?), which I think had some touchplates or something you had to put on your head.
similar to those LED glasses and binaural beats. Can't seem to find it now.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RingMad

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
"My perf, it's full of holes!"

... and pots and connectors and LEDs and other components (now). Smile.

Great idea, PHoBoS... and I really have to get going on my suitcase project before you come up with that idea too Smile But I got recently distracted by my speakermass thing, which has now ground to a halt whilst I order 32 MOSFETs.

James.
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RingMad wrote:
PHOBoS wrote:
"My perf, it's full of holes!"

... and pots and connectors and LEDs and other components (now). Smile.

Laughing
btw, you mention something there I still haven't decided on: pots.
trimpots would fit pefectly in one of those squares I have on the front panel design, and I can get small
shafts for them. but I'm afraid they will wear out too fast and are not easy to set precisely. I have seen small
pots that can be soldered to a PCB which would probably fit, but not at places where I can get them or
rather expensive (will look aroud a bit more).

I'll probably settle on 16mm alpha pots with a small knob, this won't take up too much space and still give some
very nice control.

Quote:
Great idea, PHoBoS... and I really have to get going on my suitcase project before you come up with that idea too Smile But I got recently distracted by my speakermass thing, which has now ground to a halt whilst I order 32 MOSFETs.

James.

lol, you almost made me take a picture of the suitcase I tried before I choose the rack case Wink, didn't
really work well with the size of the modules.

I made a new thread with more info which I will keep updated, here

32 MOSFETS? Shocked

RingMad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
trimpots would fit pefectly in one of those squares I have on the front panel design, and I can get small shafts for them. but I'm afraid they will wear out too fast and are not easy to set precisely.

Yeah, definitely go for something more solid than trimpots. They are for trimming, not playing, and I really doubt they'd last.
I bought some surplus plastic-y Piher pots (not trimpots) that even came with a knob for $1 CAD each, but I've had to replace a lot of them because they just wore out.

PHOBoS wrote:
32 MOSFETS? Shocked

Yeah, and 32 speakers! I was hoping to use 4067's to do the switching but the input can only take a max of 25 mA. So the 4067's are going to gate the MOSFETs. Anyway, I'll post about it in the main forum once it's done. It's a pretty insane project.

James.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ PhoBos

Great idea using the perf board. Looks great and makes a lot of sense.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finished another Lunetta system Cool clicky

bandersnatch (Nov 11, PHOBoS - 2012)_S.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.24 MB
 Viewed:  473 Time(s)

bandersnatch (Nov 11, PHOBoS - 2012)_S.jpg

tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

incredible work yet again.

Can you still move around in your house? I can imagine it's filling up fast!

noise
Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been slowly building another lunetta over the past few weeks. I sneak in a few minutes when I can to get her done. Minimal expense and recycling are the themes here.

This one is called Mastodon and is being constructed in a bare bones, scrap heap post nuclear manner. Anything that can be drilled and screwed can be a useful panel it it ain't TOO flimsy.

5 Oscillators (3 with cap switches)
passive 4 input mixer with Tone control
1 4040
1 4020
1 4051
1 4046 pitch tracker with cap switches
1 4031 brought out to the panel
1 4029 counter

And some goofy gates (8 input, dual 4 input or gates) can't remember thedetails Rolling Eyes

I'm not done but here's some pics:

4046pitcherDisk.JPG
 Description:
Pitch tracker "panel"
 Filesize:  484.04 KB
 Viewed:  893 Time(s)

4046pitcherDisk.JPG

mast04.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  147.71 KB
 Viewed:  924 Time(s)

mast04.JPG

mast03.JPG
 Description:
Busy helper.
 Filesize:  122 KB
 Viewed:  888 Time(s)

mast03.JPG

RingMad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Draal wrote:
I've been slowly building another lunetta over the past few weeks ...]

Got the kid doing your soldering work yet? Smile.

James.
richardc64

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Draal wrote:
This one is called Mastodon and is being constructed in a bare bones, scrap heap post nuclear manner. Anything that can be drilled and screwed can be a useful panel it it ain't TOO flimsy.

You are a very disturbed individual. Don't ever change Smile

Draal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mastodon Specs:
5 oscillators from 1 40106 - some with Hi/Low switches
cd4072 Dual 4 input OR Gate
cd4078 8 input NOR Gate
cd4040 Divider
cd4051Multiplexor
cd4020 Divider
cd4029 Up/Down Counter
cd4031
4046 as pitch tracker w/switches for small or big caps
4046 as simple vco
4 input active mixer

The Junk Drawer Lunetta is just about there in terms of soldering. There's always that feeling of, "Just one more idea". But I think I'll take a break from the smoke and explore the sonic possibilities.

Recorded on my iphone.

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Question

sneakpeak01272013.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  85.67 KB
 Viewed:  843 Time(s)

sneakpeak01272013.jpg

goat destroyer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Murderbox 1 two 556 atari punks into a 741 mixer
Draal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice artwork Very Happy . Giger would be proud.
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

latest project Cool

containing
Tim Escobedo's PWM with modifications
4040 divider
inventer's tunable RnR network with XOR buffers on the inputs.
4046 VCO/tracker
3 40106 based oscillators
4017/4051 melody generator
and a mixer with panning control.
there's a also a feedback loop from the ouput of the mixer to the input of the PWM circuit, with level control.

more pics here

PWMlunetta - 01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.24 KB
 Viewed:  866 Time(s)

PWMlunetta - 01.jpg

PWMlunetta - 05.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.13 KB
 Viewed:  850 Time(s)

PWMlunetta - 05.jpg

Draal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty sick! Romper Bomber Stomper Boo Magic Mirror flashback is subsiding now. Shocked

Seeing these well detailed machines of yours just proves to me more and more I am a light weight Laughing !

analog_backlash

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
latest project Cool...

Looks great (as usual) PHOBoS. Will there be some sound samples to follow?

I've been a bit quiet lately, as I've decided that I need to convert stuff lying around on breadboards into usable devices and this may take (me) some time. Any that get finished (or at least partially finished) I'll post. I had to do this (or buy even more breadboards... Rolling Eyes ).

Gary
autowitch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS. that is really nice looking! I really like the funky colors. (I'd also love to hear some sounds from it).
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks a lot guys! Very Happy

I posted some sounds (and schematics) here

Last edited by PHOBoS on Thu May 09, 2013 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Draal

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Pint Sized Lunetta Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a video showing my current build. I've tried a few different circuits, even had an all hardwired version before settling on this. The 3 chips are the 40106, 4051 and 4094.

I am nearly done with it; I just finished adding a couple of leds to it this evening. My favorite part of this machine is the starve pot which helps add some diversity in tempo changes and pitch.

The concept is basically a modified version of the arp/sequencer schematic found at the "fun with sea moss" site. Except I opted for a 4094 instead of a 4040 in the sequencer build.

Quick run down: I have 3 oscillators that can control either the ABC pins of the 4051 (which has the resistor ladder on its input pins) or they can control the 4094's Data, Clock and Strobe pins. The outs of the 4094 would then control the ABC pins on the multiplexor.

You could build a huge lunetta by multiplying this concept a couple of times if you had the notion Wink . I opted for mini.

RF

Audio files: 28

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starve the beast. It is good. Pamona nanners! Thanks for posting Draal!

"I want to make these sounds that go wooo-wooo-ah-woo-woo.”
(Herb Deutsch to Bob Moog ~1963)
Draal

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Long time no see RF Smile . Love the Pamonas; reliable and good feel.
Page 19 of 22 [526 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: