electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Thomas Henry MPS Boards Are On Sale
Page 2 of 5 [124 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
echoer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bom anywhere?

i checked stites site and it isn't there or i couldn't findly it. probably the latter. Shocked

googled "thomas henry mps bom" and no luck.

i assume i'm not the only one in search of the parts list.

thanks!
e-grad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.birthofasynth.com/Thomas_Henry/TH_main.html

Click:
MPS built
Spooner's Dad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject:  MPS Board Hookup Diagram? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, maybe I'm blind, but... I've just finished building one of these (beautiful!) boards & can't seem to find a hookup diagram ANYWHERE.

Since I really don't have the patience to use the schematic & PC board and trace out what the pins of J12-J18 connect to, I figured I'd better ask!

Can someone please help me? I want to get this done for my percussionist son's birthday in a little over a week.

Thanks!
jumunius

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can find Bugbrand's wiring diagram here:
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-169820.html#169820

And an alternate graphic view:
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-21279-600.html

Do note: Bugbrand's wiring is based on earlier PCBs and contains a Noise CV that is no longer officially used/supported; it is designed for bananaplugs (so the switches replace the switching jacks); and it eliminates the audio level output and all the send/rcv jacks. You could read my lengthy post on the latter of these links for more details.
Spooner's Dad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject:  Many Thanks... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks so much for your help! Now to wire up all of those pots...

and make some NOISE Cool !!!

jumunius wrote:

Do note: Bugbrand's wiring is based on earlier PCBs and contains a Noise CV that is no longer officially used/supported; it is designed for bananaplugs (so the switches replace the switching jacks); and it eliminates the audio level output and all the send/rcv jacks. You could read my lengthy post on the latter of these links for more details.
analog monster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also have been struggling to get the 820pf poly Capacitor and the link provided above shows no stock. any other options? it would be great to have some clarification on which material poly refers to (polyester? polystyrene?) and whether replacing it with a cap of another material would have detrimental effects. thanks
magman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These capacitors appear to be used in the filter for this module, so I would suggest Polystyrene caps for this application. You may need to check the PCB to see what pitch you can get away with, but I've found a useful supplier for odd capacitors here:

https://www.rush-on-line.co.uk/cap_forums.html

They do have a minimum postal charge of £5.00 though, so this may count against them for a small order.

You may also get away with a Polyester cap in this application, but I suspect they specified a Poly cap here, as Ceramic caps tend to get used for this small a value and most of these would not work too well in a filter application.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Magman
analog monster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

caps arrived today, thanks for the help that site is great!
o-live

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: availability Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello

where i can found this pcb ?

thank you
marvkaye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: availability Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

o-live wrote:
hello

where i can found this pcb ?

thank you

The first post in this thread has a link to the store, takes you right to the PCB... Here it is again to save you the trouble. Enjoy.

<marv>
o-live

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you have see it but is not available from long time ,i search an other site for purchase it ,or pcb to etched

good day
bblaze

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ordered an MPS board on 09-02 and got a confirmation email. I've not seen the board yet, so i've emailed from the store link and pm'd mosc.. anyone know whats up?
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably the electro-music event got in between ...
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to all who are waiting. Between electro-music 2012, going into the hospital, and throwing my back out, I've been pretty much out of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
squarewhite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi

i've just ordered a board a few weeks back and was wondering where the board might be... well good to know that you are slowly back in track.
hope you get well soon.

best
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
squarewhite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi howard,

have you sent my order?
squarewhite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there

Does anyone know about the status of the boards?
It's being a while now....

Hope to hear some news soon.
axl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just orded mine!!!
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

squarewhite wrote:

Does anyone know about the status of the boards?

I have to apologize for not being up on shipping out the MPS boards. There are many excuses, but I don't want to bore you with that. The Klee Sequencer boards are on back-order, but I have a stack of MPS boards here and I'm going to ship them out today.

Again, I'm sorry

squarewhite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good to know!

thanks mosc, can't wait to start working on this!

btw, can you tell me the size of the board?

best
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All back orders have been shipped.

The board is 3.05 by 4.54 inches.

squarewhite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks! the board arrived.

best
logicgate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jumunius wrote:

Aaahhh thanks!

this answers the question I did on another thread!

So I can disconsider the DPDT ON ON ON Switch he used

I'm gonna use 3,5mm Kobiconn jacks in my build (eurorack user here), and I'm a bit confused now about how I'm supposed to wire the shell CV into the pot lugs? I can see on his diagram that the Shell CV input sends voltage to three different places (pin 1 of noise pot, pin 1 of impact pot and pin 1 of shell CV pot).

If someone could give me hand here I would be really grateful!

thanks! Very Happy
jumunius

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

logicgate wrote:
I can see on his diagram that the Shell CV input sends voltage to three different places (pin 1 of noise pot, pin 1 of impact pot and pin 1 of shell CV pot).

You're kind of looking at it backwards, which is probably why the wiring solution isn't clear to you. Shell CV pot sends voltage to be summed with Shell Pitch voltage and Shell Decay voltage. Those three signals determine the pitch of the Shell oscillator. So the Shell CV pot is an attenuator for the voltage that comes FROM one of three places:

1) Shell CV jack
2) Impact signal
3) Noise signal

So to wire this without the DPDT, you use an SPDT and a switching jack. The SPDT switches between Noise and Impact. The middle lug of the SPDT is connected to the normally open lug of the Shell CV (switching) jack. And then the normally closed lug (the one that connects with the tip of your 3.5" cable) is one that is connected to the Shell CV pot. Thus when you insert a cable into the Shell CV jack, the Noise/Impact signal no longer sends to Shell CV pot.

So obviously this doesn't save you space on your panel -- you still need a switch. But it's arguably a little more elegant design, since you don't need to flip a switch to enable the external CV signal after you plug it into Shell CV.

Page 2 of 5 [124 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Jump to: