electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Waldorf Pulse 2
Page 1 of 2 [47 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
hrastprogrammer

Audio files: 103

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Waldorf Pulse 2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://waldorfmusic.de/en/pulse-2-overview.html

Smile

Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

o_o

The whole world is going analog! And multiple voices too, though paraphonic.

hrastprogrammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is still not clear to me what exactly are "8/4 voice paraphonic modes" ... 8 or 4 voices going through the same filter?
Antimon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HrastProgrammer wrote:
It is still not clear to me what exactly are "8/4 voice paraphonic modes" ... 8 or 4 voices going through the same filter?

I think that's it, yeah - multiple voices for the oscillators, but only one VCA and VCF.

http://sequencer.de/synth/forums.html/Paraphonic

Antimon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Though one wonders whether that means 3 x 8 oscillators, or something else...
rh2y

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No sound samples yet?

Shameless-er plug: http://www.evatontechnologies.com/

Music: https://atomstomolecules.bandcamp.com/releases
namnibor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Pusle 2
Subject description: pushed back release date
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just thought to mention that Waldorf now has projected release of Pulse 2 for Spring of 2013. Hoping with all this waiting that they decide to come out with a three octave keyboard version of it as well. It would certainly compete well with arturia's Mini-Brute, which is only one osc and DSI Mopho.
Waldorf: Blofeld, MicroQ Omega, XT, Q-Rack, PULSE PLUS, NAVE, Miniworks 4-Pole; Virus KB and KC; DSI Evolver Desktop and 2-MEK's(poly-chained)-x2; Korg: Wavestation SR, DW-8000; Alesis: Ion, Fusion--for HollowSun SampleBanks; Novation Supernova 1; Quasimidi Polymorph; Roland SH-32; Yamaha: RM1X, CS2X; Elektron Analog Four, MnM mk1; Reaper, Scarlett 18i20, Studio Maine Coone Cat pre-loaded with toxic wavetables on each fang and claw! Military Training! Crossbow:-)
Antimon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I saw that too. I have been checking sites regularly (Thomann had delivery date=october for a while in the late summer) - I hope we won't have to wait even longer than spring. I did a double take when I saw this thread was started in january!
namnibor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Waldorf Pulse 2
Subject description: Release date pushed back again
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm wondering if Waldorf is making sure it is incredibly stable without plethora of 'bugs' before release? I am speculating here in saying perhaps they have been working on something to make we "waldorfians" heavily drool OR fixing any bugs in their colaboration with Studiologic's Sledge, of which, if you look at the specs of the Sledge, it may be nicely knob'laddened but the specs look like nothing but a slimmed-down MicroQ. It would be kind of cool if Waldorf, Access, and Radikal Technologies collaborated on a monster synth since afterall, all three companies share some DNA, each using some of the same reknown sound designers and brilliant minds as in Mr. Hartmann, Trippler, Papen, et al. The Blofeld Keyboard never ceases to surprise me and is quite a deep synth. I just added to my DSI Desktop Evolver this week, purchasing a DSI Mono Evolver keyboard to polychain for duophonic, 4 real DCO analog osc's, 4 digital Osc's with FM/RingMod/and all the wavetables from Prophet VS, 8 LFO's, 6 envelopes, and the 16 x 4 sequencer that can also work as a modulation sequencer too! With true stereo external input, running the Microwave XT or Blofeld through has made this a really cool addition to my set-up.
I am keeping a space ready for the Pulse 2 to rest on far right of Black Blofeld Keyboard and have resisted temptation to purchase a Pulse Plus but it's the waiting am not all that great at:-)

Waldorf: Blofeld, MicroQ Omega, XT, Q-Rack, PULSE PLUS, NAVE, Miniworks 4-Pole; Virus KB and KC; DSI Evolver Desktop and 2-MEK's(poly-chained)-x2; Korg: Wavestation SR, DW-8000; Alesis: Ion, Fusion--for HollowSun SampleBanks; Novation Supernova 1; Quasimidi Polymorph; Roland SH-32; Yamaha: RM1X, CS2X; Elektron Analog Four, MnM mk1; Reaper, Scarlett 18i20, Studio Maine Coone Cat pre-loaded with toxic wavetables on each fang and claw! Military Training! Crossbow:-)
Antimon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's the first analog for Waldorf in a while, so maybe there were some unforeseen issues concerning that, parts supply or whatnot.

I have reserved space for it as well, mentally anyway. Smile If the new Elektron gadget arrives before the new year though...

namnibor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you saw that new Electron mini-movie in their "dramtic style" as well? I do NOT need a groovebox that just happens to have some analog voices though and hoping it is not such a device as I actually quite like a rather "old school" but incredibly relevant and versatile Yamaha RM1X as it drives external midi sound mods quite well, better than really any of the Korg or otherwise gear with the Yamaha RU7000 perhaps being next add-on for more extensive hardware control.
namnibor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You may be right-on about part suppliers because since Mr. Curtis passed away, those chips are no longer being manufactured. read about that on Dave Smith Instruments forum recently. However, the Arturia minibrute does not "wow me" in it's rather minimalist specs but they have a back order I am told going back to mid-2013 and SOMEONE needs to compete with something more substantial for we that require regualr feeding of three or more osc's with a sub to boot! HA!
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
o_o

paraphonic.

Paraphonic ??

namnibor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
Antimon wrote:
o_o

paraphonic.

Paraphonic ??

I know...?! However, it is NOT a new method or concept as have recently learned that Roland back in the analog days made a strings/organ "paraphonic" -abled keyboard. With para meaning around or side by side or within--in Latin root, then it might be using each osc and sub osc's as well as LFO's in a spread run through VCF...? I hope we shall see come Spring. Just finally purchased a yellow Q Rack and arrived this week, so my dance card is pretty full as far as learning/reading/making sounds...it also looks sweet in rack next to orange beast XT and am convinced have been communicating with aliens!

cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Waldorf Pulse 2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HrastProgrammer wrote:

Smile

Let's hope Waldorf doesn't drop the ball on this like they did with Blofeld

namnibor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Waldorf Pulse 2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
HrastProgrammer wrote:

Smile

Let's hope Waldorf doesn't drop the ball on this like they did with Blofeld

In this world that realistically is fueled by consumerism and marketing, when I firstly heard about the arturia minibrute, it was very shortly thereafter waldorf had pushed back their projected release again and in that interim DSI Mopho X4 was released. The release from waldorf then was pushed back to Spring of 2013...a coincidence? Perhaps but I think not is only my speculation. In June of 2012 DSI officially discontinued the Mono Evolver Keyboard and having a desktop evolver, knowing this probably has to be the most alien-wild-reversed-technology in synths in new Century, I had always decided wanted to eventually get a better infaced Mono Evolver Keyboard for all those simultaneous control via knobs, buttons, and of keys. Had to buy it second hand am glad I did as love it so much bought a second one...money that would have purchased Pulse 2. The analog side of the evolver sounds VERY juicy and versatile compared to DSI Mopho or even one voice of Prophet 08--saying this, the Mopho X4 does not tickle my fancy either and the minibrute is, well, way too minimal for "my needs and ears". Both the aformentioned recently released to market synths are great especially for someone starting out to learn real subtractive synthesis hands on with knobs and keys as oposed to any emulation software could provide.
A few places here in USA that would carry the Pulse 2 have said they have significant number of people holding their pursestrings for the Pulse 2. Up until December 2012, arturia had a back-ordered pre-order list that would remain as such because arturia has stated they refuse to comprimise and have them manufactured in China, keeping all their operations in France. However, now you can see them regualrly mostly new but also used on ebay USA.
Perhaps Waldorf has been waiting to watch this resurgance of analog synths to determine where they fall into competing with what was released to market at very same time had they released Pulse 2 originally on time, rather than for a small company to lose alot of money in overhead in perhaps an already flooded market of newly true analog instruments? Just my speculation. I also would be pleased to know if Waldorf decided to ensure Pulse 2 is completely bug-free before release and IF they are beta-testing, they must be doing in very quietly in-house with their regular sound designers.
The Mono Evolver Keyboard poly chained to the desktop evolver orig. owned actually fills my need/want of ability to isolate the anaolg osc's when I want to have a really FAT and vastly versatile mod routing and then some with polychaining aforementioned, I have 4 real analog osc's in either duophonic or monophonic. Purchased the second Mono Evolver Keyboard to both have a back-up if the other needs to go in for conversion to PE rather than the encoder version it is. The newly bought MEK is the PE version so have best of both worlds.
I fear that we fickle musicians that admitedly are not that patience-oriented, will or already have made other purchases, giving-up waiting on a product that by NOW should have had sound samples posted on waldorf's site. The lack of even sound samples makes the Pulse 2 "vaporware" until proven otherwise. Like the Blofeld, when the Pulse 2 is released, will probably do as did with Blofeld and wait until it is a stable instrument before purchase as have alot of playing catch-up/learning with the well armed synths in my set-up as it is, let alone learning Reaper or any DAW as it were, due to the time in military where missed most of 90's to present as far as the great synths in that timeframe. I love hardware and will remain as such.
Until then, I DO have a place reserved at far right side of my Blofeld Black Keyboard Edition for the Pulse 2. Hope I made some sense here in speculative manner.

Antimon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting thoughts, namnibor. There has certainly been a flood of affordable analog synths coming in lately. Since I've set my sights on the Pulse 2 I do hope they get around to releasing it.
namnibor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
Interesting thoughts, namnibor. There has certainly been a flood of affordable analog synths coming in lately. Since I've set my sights on the Pulse 2 I do hope they get around to releasing it.

Do not mistake my post as no longer interested rather, expanding upon the evolver with adding Mono Evolver Keyboard seemed the logical and pragmatic thing to do with the MEK being a VERY deeply utilitarian instrument and meets digital AND analog needs for set-up, however, when and hopefully the Pulse 2 IS released, it's midi and cv function, external input, and versatile arp will be a welcome addition and really last pc of gear I really plan on adding to set-up. What I am also hoping is Waldorf will release like a three octave or so keyboard version of it but THAT problem would be market price-point because as it is, the projected MAP price of Pulse 2 according to Nova Music is $699. for the black and green module. THAT is about $200. more than the much lowered spec'd minibrute, and a DSI Mopho with keys can be had for about same price. If Waldorf made a key's version of Pulse 2, it more than likely would be at or over that magical psychological $1000. point and with world economics as they are, it's the very reason of my suspect that reason no audio examples could be that it may not have been developed seeing what was coming onto the market as far as other analog synths. ALSO, Waldorf had been working with Studiologic all that time for release of Studiologic Sledge, which I find odd it not being listed on Waldorf's website of current line-up because Studiologic certain waves the Waldorf name in it's advertising and really odd that have not seen ANY official reviews by SOS and the like of it, nor rumour mill of probalems or otherwise regarding the Sledge.
Who knows, maybe the mysterious Strohmberg Synth IS being worked into develpment? All I know is Waldorf seems to be the most tight-lipped and non-communicative synth co. out there. In their defense i have to say Waldorf support recently got back to me in my quest for a Q-Card for my Waldorf Q-Rack telling me they are able to be ordered from ANY official dealer of their gear in USA and a link to find those official sellers as well. Noisebug in Pomona, CA, USA has them coming and I have claimed 2 of the 5 they ordered.

namnibor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone have some insight on if Waldorf plans to unleash/release the Pulse 2 in next week or so at Frankfurt? Have seen The Rocket on ebay a few times and although tempted, my savings account has a dedicated allocation for the Pulse 2. Have even resisted temptation for now over a year to get the mopho or minibrute or even used Waldorf Pulse on ebay from a not so reputable seller. Had this seller not had a reputation in his feedback of not being forthcoming in descriptions AND he charges a 25% restocking fee for ANY return, for ANY reason...EEEK...red flags...run away!!
Pulse 2...anyone else holding their breath?

hrastprogrammer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just this, so far ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzBRV5RWhYk

namnibor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. Yesterday, members on the "Waldorf List" helped out because my college German went out of my gray matter once having to learn some Middle Eastern dialects in military in which basically states. "Still completing software and hardware almost done. Still Spring 2013 release and noted that probably June, in which Spring is not over but just begun."

I know this, my Sweetwater Music rep. informed me there's been SO MANY pre-orders of Korg's MS20-mini that it's predicted Korg will be filling pre-orders worldwide for a bit before one could just buy it casually online....however, that will not prevent people overcharging by posting them on ebay as what happened firstly with Arturia Minibrute.

Novation is releasing an all analog Bass Station 2 Keyboard with additional filters and features the super bass station rack did not even have. Waldorf also stated in-translation from that interview that it will cost SAME as Blofeld Desktop...I think to be competitive, Waldorf may want to rethink that price-point.
Am going to focus on using and learning all my current synths and just put $$ in savings. My purchases of late have been periphery items like expression pedals, and learning Reaper DAW.

hrastprogrammer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll most likely buy Korg Volca Beats & Bass:

http://www.korg.com/volcaseries

Not that I really need another synthesizer(s), but those are cheap and look very interesting ...

namnibor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HrastProgrammer wrote:
I'll most likely buy Korg Volca Beats & Bass:

http://www.korg.com/volcaseries

Not that I really need another synthesizer(s), but those are cheap and look very interesting ...

I have a feeling those Korg Volca series play wonderfully nice with new MS-20-mini. Reason I want to have a MS20 again (or re-release thereof) is just like the original, you can have INSANELY long attack/sustain/release and to this date I think that filter has some of the most wonderful artifacts and many 'sweet spots', but it's definitely NOT a moogish creamy type filter.

namnibor

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wondering if anyone has any idea when exactly the Pulse 2 and even the Rocket Synth are going to start shipping? The Waldorf home page shows nothing different and would have thought *by now* and esp. after Frankfurt, there would at least be some demo sounds posted!?!!

I realize Spring (as posted release on Waldorf site after several moved-up dates, now totaling year and half) lasts through to end of this month but from a marketing stance, at Frankfurt, they did not really give more than a literal couple notes from Pulse 2 and with the MS-20 mini shipping any week now and *many* other new product options out there,(Korg Volca series with three analog osc synths at $149. usd each) it sure does not seem like Waldorf is trying very hard to keep people even interested. Seem there must have only been a dozen or so Rocket Synths produced because the USA sellers that would get these firstly cannot even get any info from Waldorf either...reason why asking here in event someone has some inside info.
In an age where communication is more available on the cheap and really key in marketing, it's a bit hard for a company to retain their relevance when support even for Blofeld seems to all but ceased.
While on my rant, wonder if Waldorf lost a lot with the Studiologic Sledge Synth...?

Antimon

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I bought a Rocket in a shop here in my hometown a couple of weeks ago, so that one is definitely out.

Not all companies make the effort to communicate everything, especially small synth manufacturers (not all though). I kind of like that the Pulse2 has been delayed, because I had promised myself not to buy anything before that one - I gave in with the Rocket though. Smile

Page 1 of 2 [47 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Jump to: