electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Developers' Corner
Relabeled parts
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
HansRL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Relabeled parts Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry if I post in the wrong forum. I spend a lot of time searching the forum, but the result got me here with this question Smile

Gather parts for analog synths are new to me. But I know from experience that ordering high end audio parts from China one sometimes receive relabeled standard components.
Do anyone know if this is common also for more rare components like the XR2206, LM13700, SSM2210? And for the purpose of trouble shooting, anyone know what’s underneath the nice label one receives? (inside the chip)

TIA
analog_backlash

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: relabled parts Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi HansRL,

I can't really answer your question (sorry), but I'd like to add to the list! I threw in some comments into the middle of an unconnected thread once about this kind of thing and I got no replies (perhaps it was the wrong place to put my remarks). I've seen ebay shops selling all sorts of useful chips that I'd like to buy e.g.

CA3046
CA3080
MN3102 (and related BBD clock generators)
MN3207 (and other related BBDs)
NE570/1
PT2395/99
HT8950

Also, various and worryingly cheap Ge diodes and transistors, which are getting thin on the ground and very expensive now.

That will do for now. I've thought about ordering some, but I'm very wary about these sources and I've been too cautious (or sensible?) to give them a try. By the way, I've not had any problems (yet) in finding the LM13700, which still seems to be in production. Older OTAs are a different matter (e.g. CA3080, CA3280, LM13600 etc.)

Gary
HansRL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I've heard the BBDs usually are fakes. Spesially MN3007 are popular to fake I've heard.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Developers' Corner
Jump to: