electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Atari punk console + Baby sequencer 4017 IC
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 6 of 7 [170 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
-minus-

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to hear it's working for you. If you are looking for an amp, you could make a little gem or a ruby amp found here:

http://www.runoffgroove.com/littlegem.html

Oh, and those diagrams I did were done with Adobe Illustrator...
stealthop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi there , i was wondering about the 1n4148 diode. are you using the glass switching type or the rectifier type? any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
-minus-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, and welcome! The little glass ones you see on the Wiki page are the ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1N4148
stealthop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahh , thank you . that means i have everything i need to start building this.
Denis_Veselov

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-minus- wrote:
I still have the two thirds of the eight 100K pot unusable problem...

I think you need to try this:

apc.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  318.35 KB
 Viewed:  1107 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

apc.PNG

Denis_Veselov

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or so maybe:

apc2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  319.85 KB
 Viewed:  1114 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

apc2.PNG

Denis_Veselov

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Denis_Veselov wrote:
or so maybe:

I'll build this circuit on my breadboard, but it isn't working. Sad

-minus-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok. So are you getting any part of it to work? Is there any sound?

First thing to check is the power supply. If you are using a battery has it got power in it? Then you need to check the power is getting to the I.C's. Make sure all the grounded components are connected.

If you are getting power to the board correctly, you should check that the clock is working and then move on to the 4017 counter.
Denis_Veselov

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So i think, if to break all left wires (see circuit) of 8 pots, it will start give the sound in all its range.
But it make new problems:
1) Impossible to make a silence in anyone channel.
2) If all pots stay in left position, 8 tones have a some difference of tones.

Denis_Veselov

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-minus- wrote:
Ok. So are you getting any part of it to work? Is there any sound?

First thing to check is the power supply. If you are using a battery has it got power in it? Then you need to check the power is getting to the I.C's. Make sure all the grounded components are connected.

If you are getting power to the board correctly, you should check that the clock is working and then move on to the 4017 counter.

I just said about my changed circuit. It have a sound, but in second half range of pots.

-minus-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry I was unsure what you meant. So you have sound but the changes you suggested haven't worked.

To silence a channel you could use switches maybe. But that won't help the difference in tones problem.

What about reducing the 50K resistors you suggested using on the 8 steps. Perhaps you could try that?
Denis_Veselov

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This changes haven't worked too.
-minus-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im just wondering what pots you are using. Linear (B) or Logarithmic (A). Log pots would tend to bunch up the usable range towards one end and would appear worse than linear in this application. Maybe check that.
Denis_Veselov

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pots have a mark: "B100K" (or "B50K" for changed circuit).
Denis_Veselov

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi!
I want to add any interresting and simple filter to my apc+seq. Anybody have a circuit? Thanks.

Denis_Veselov

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finished my apc&seq8!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oKyFTpd4E4

-minus-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent! Glad you got it working. Looks like the whole family is enjoying it. Laughing
Denis_Veselov

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-minus- wrote:
Excellent! Glad you got it working. Looks like the whole family is enjoying it. Laughing

Thanks! Your stripboard is very cool.

RotomotioN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, first post, great thread. Will be building soon Smile .

Denis: Pots marked "B" are logarythmic, marked "A" are linear. You need A

Ow, and someone wanted a filter, look at this, not very simple but very cool:
http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/forums.html?MAINTAB=SYNTHDIY&PROJARG=OLDIESBUTGOODIES/VCF/vcf24dbperoct.html&VPW=1024&VPH=500
Denis_Veselov

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RotomotioN wrote:
Ow, and someone wanted a filter, look at this, not very simple but very cool:
http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/forums.html?MAINTAB=SYNTHDIY&PROJARG=OLDIESBUTGOODIES/VCF/vcf24dbperoct.html&VPW=1024&VPH=500

I tried to go on this link, but I saw "Page not found".

bubzy

Audio files: 64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can look up a simple "RC" filter. its 2 components Smile or you can make it a bit nicer with an op amp as well. depends really on how much you want to do with it.
or you can look here :

http://electro-music.com/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Schematics.Listbytype

and scroll to the filters section Smile

PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RotomotioN wrote:
Hi, first post, great thread. Will be building soon Smile .

Denis: Pots marked "B" are logarythmic, marked "A" are linear. You need A

It actually depends on the manufacturer. Most pots I use (Piher & Omeg) do indeed have an 'A' marking for linear, and a 'B' for logarithmic. However
alpha pots. and probably some other brands too, have this the other way around. (this can also be somewhat confusing in schematics when
they only use an 'A' or 'B')

welcome btw.

as for a filter, I recently used a simple sallenkey filter in a bend keyboard, which sounds pretty good.
Downside is that you need a stereopot. for the cutoff frequency, but it also has resonance control which is nice.

Last edited by PHOBoS on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
analog_backlash

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
It actually depends on the manufacturer. Most pots I use (Piher & Omeg) do indeed have an 'A' marking for linear, and a 'B' for logarithmic. However alpha pots. and probably some other brands too, have this the other way around. (this can also be somewhat confusing in circuits when they only use an 'A' or 'B')

You frightened me for a moment there PHOBoS, but then I read it again. I assumed that A was LOG and B was LIN, but it turns out this is true for Alpha pots AND TruOhm pots (which account for most of the ones I have). I'll be a bit more careful in future not to assume that A and B mean anything!

Gary
RotomotioN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ha! Didn't know that. It makes it all the more confusing. Just get your meter and be sure!

@denis: link works fine here
analog_backlash

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have the same problem as Denis with some links (including the one above). I think it's a "feature" of my browser. Try this link for the same VCF:

http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth_new/OLDIESBUTGOODIES/VCF/vcf24dbperoct.html

By the way, I've built this and it's a great sounding VCF Very Happy

Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 6 of 7 [170 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: