electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
S&H negative V out
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
robboten

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: S&H negative V out Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Having a strange problem with my S&H part of the noise/S&H pcb. The noise part works great, the random gate and the gate from S&H works (the led blinks and I get about 10V gate, which seems a bit high). But the S&H out clicks a bit and gives -10VDC out. I have changed the trans, the caps and the ICs, but no change. Anyone have clue how I could proceed?
iopop3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make sure you're not feeding it a too hot signal. I think mine behaved the same, had to limit the peak to peak voltage on the noise in order to make it work properly.

I think the S&H only handles 6-8Vpp? I could be wrong, search this sub forum and you should find the posts discussing it.

EDIT: See this thread, http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-47352.html
robboten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thx for your reply. Unfortunatly I have tried lowering the resistor value and by then the voltage peaks for the noise. It makes no difference... It also makes no difference if I use another noise module or VCO as input or any other signal/gate/LFO as the other input.
robboten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how is the values around c4 to supposed to be like? I have around 0-10.45VDC in and about 0-0.014 VDC on the other side... Seems strange to me.

Edit: Now I think that it's because my multimeter is to slow to pick up the fast pulse. Guess the problem is the C5 cap and that it doesn't hold. Will try some others.

What is the function of the D3 diode? When I emulate the circuit this one messes up the whole thing, when I remove it all works...
robboten

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sticking to my monologue here... Wink

My simulator had the wrong pic for N-fet/P-fet so thats why the diode messed up.

My working hypothesis now is that the source has a negative voltage to begin with so the jfet is constantly open. I will do further research.
robboten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ehm... I just wanted to tell you that I had misunderstood the function of the S&H module. I thought it would generate sound, not modulate an VCO for example. So all well now! Smile
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, a learning process documented :-)
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
Jump to: