electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Help needed...
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
paugui

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 37

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Help needed...
Subject description: What's the responsibility of a brand on the actions of their representatives?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

I have been screwed pretty badly by the representative of a synth's brand (since I'm still dealing with the brand, I don't want to mention their name just yet).

They had a keyboard of mine for repairs and when it got back, some of the black keys had really bad scratches to them so that it was unpleasant to play with the keyboard as well as as small mark in the paint.
Upon further tests, I also noticed it had the headphones output with too much noise and one of the knobs was a bit higher than the others, which I think no reputable technician would do (they should never allow the keyboard to leave the place like that).

I contacted the store right away, and they said they didn't do anything to originate the damage in the keys and the technical support said exactly the same...
I took the keyboard back to the store some time the next time I passed by (since it's a bit far, it took some time but I didn't use the keyboard so it would get to them in the exact conditions it got back to me).
This was in August and the first time the keyboard was in for repairs was around Easter this year.

The guy from the store understood the problem and saw that the keys had some serious scratches.
He said he would try to ask for some keys to be replaced which wasn't really something I liked, as I was a bit afraid those keys would feel slight different, but in order for a compromise to be made, I accepted that.

He told me the guys from the technical services seemed to be receptive to solve the problem, so that seemed a pretty reasonable solution.

Since I had to leave the country to continue my studies, I wasn't too concerned about this and only when I was to get back I tried to check things and then, in December, the store got the keyboard back but no action was taken to repair the keys.
As soon as the store got the keyboard they contacted the guys from the technical services but they said exactly the same as before, they could consider repairing it depending on the costs, but they didn't do anything about it during the 4 months before that, and the guy from the store put a mention to that in the paper indicating the problems with the keyboard.

Now, it seems I will have to get the keyboard repaired again, despite the representative from the synth's brand doesn't assume any guilt on the situation, and it will likely end up with me not having my keyboard for a year or so, as I will have to leave soon and then I'll only be back for Easter.

I am trying to talk with the synth brand who suggested that I should take legal action over the representative they had, because it seems they have a new representative now.
The only thing I needed was for 5 keys or so to be replaced in my keyboard, so that's clearly not worth that, and it's not worth the time I've already spent with this.
And if I do that, I don't think I'll even have the synth with me by Easter...

My question is, what's the kind of responsibility the synth brand has on the actions of their representative.
Cause to me it's clear their representative doesn't care about their reputation and are just acting in bad faith.

And to have this going for some more months is just not worth it, and I'm actually start considering selling that synth like it is and even selling the other synths I have from that brand if nothing is done for the situation to be solved quickly.

What would you guys do?

Thanks for reading this and sorry for writing so much, but I think I was better describing this story in full detail.
And thanks in advance for all the help you can give me.
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Jump to: