electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Easiest way of connecting optical resistors to Ultimate
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
olledahlberg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Easiest way of connecting optical resistors to Ultimate Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When my Ultimate is built, it would be cool to add some external optical resistors an hook them up to the filter or something. Maby also some kind of ribbon controller?
How easy would it be and where to hook them up?
Olle
ashleym

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could use them as a replacement for the attenuators. Then they control anything.
olledahlberg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good idea! or maby install a switch to toggle between pot or photoresistor
ashleym

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I have panel mounted LDRs (for it is they!! light dependant resistors), I have drilled small holes to allow the leads to go through and used a bit of glue to hold the LDR in place. These could easily fit in between the attenuators and their knobs. The LDRs I have used are "finger sized" ie I can cover the top of them completely with a finger tip, you need this to get the full resistance range of the LDR. Dont forget they are sensitive to ambient light conditions and they operate the other way round to the way you expect..........
olledahlberg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That´s nice. I think I rather not try to drill in my Ultimate faceplate since my drill is not so good (dont want to risk any scratches to the expansive plate). But since Im working on a home made front for the expander, I might be able to squeeze in a photoresistor and two banana jacks somewhere
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: