electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Basky (multivox I think) bass synth
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
9 volts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Basky (multivox I think) bass synth Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey there, I'm in the process of restoring some Basky bass pedals (no sound) and am wondering if anyone would have a schematic or any info. Very little online information about this japanese brand. Thanks
9 volts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I'm slugging away with this. The keyboard voltage is 0 (high C) to -1volts (low C). So when high C is used it produces the same voltage as when no key is used......doesn't seem right.
9 volts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I managed to fix the oscillator ( a previous repair attempt had used incorrect parts and blown a few transistors. The problem I have now is that I have a key down trigger voltage however the adsr does not have any effect. Eg no sustain. The oscillator produces ongoing frequencies (when audio probed, however by the output stage all I hear are tuned pops....If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks
elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With no schematic this is hard to go on.

Can you determine from the pedal what the ADSR section looks like and post it, maybe someone could have some ideas.

In the ADSR I've worked most on, there's a cap that provides the main voltage profile, with sustain level set by a voltage pot. If the sustain voltage is shorted, or the cap doesn't work, it would behave the way you describe. But of course I have no idea what the pedal looks like....
9 volts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, I will try to get a schematic happening as nothing seems to exist online. Good news though, the pots controlling the sustain and attacked had been messed with, and when adjusted get the envelope working. The VCF seems to be based around two 3080 ic's which looks similar to the a korg ms 20 filter. Anyway all is good and while it's apart I'm going to take some photos and try to get a schematic worked out. Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: