electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Schematics Vault
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 11 [252 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 9, 10, 11 Next
vladosh

Audio files: 46

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CMOS based LFO from Thomas Henry featured in Polyphony Magazine

Polyphony-1979-09 complementary lfo-32.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.18 MB
 Viewed:  1242 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Polyphony-1979-09 complementary lfo-32.jpg

Polyphony-1979-09 complementary lfo-33.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.46 MB
 Viewed:  1622 Time(s)

Polyphony-1979-09 complementary lfo-33.jpg

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Magic Smoke LFO ,design by Tim Servo , more on this thread : http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-32372.html as he explains : Here's one of the LFOs I've cooked up recently. This runs on a +/-15V supply and puts out standard +/-5V outputs. For the most part, it's a basic triangle oscillator built around a comparator and an integrator. I wanted something with a LOT more range than the other LFOs I was finding, so I made a few tweaks and came up with a design I really liked. This one goes from 0.017Hz (1 cycle / 60 seconds) to 150Hz, or a factor of 8,800:1 (hence the name).
A few points:
1) You can use Linear pots for the tuning controls, but it's MUCH easier to make fine changes in the lower portion of the range with Audio taper pots.
2) You can eliminate the Fine Tune control if you want. This reduces the range to 0.033Hz to 150Hz (approx 4,400 : 1) but this will probably do the trick for many applications.
3) The Fine Tune pot is set up so that it really does have less range than the Coarse Tune. When Coarse is at maximum, Fine will adjust from 50Hz to 150Hz. When Coarse is at minimum, Fine will adjust from 60 sec/cycle to 30 sec/cycle.
4) The timing cap can be found in polystyrene (23PS233 or 23PW233 from Mouser) if you want the best frequency stability, but you can also sub a film cap or other type. 3300pF works out to 3.3nF or .0033uF

I'll be making a few additions to this (sync, additional waveforms, Indicator LEDs), but the basic core will remain the same. Any thoughts?

Tim (got my LFO hat on) Servo

and about the waveshaper add on :Here's a coupla add-ons for the 8K LFO. The first (TSW) uses the Tri and Square to make a Saw, or even a 2X Saw. The second (TSQ) takes a Tri and puts out a wave that is continuously variable from Tri to Square, with a "Trapezoid" shape in the middle. You can even take the output of the TSQ and put it into the TSW, and now you have a Tri to Square on one output and a Saw to Square on the other (both varied at the same time with the Waveshape control on the TSQ). By the way, a 1458 or other "low bandwidth" op amp works a little better for the TSW because it helps minimize the glitch in the reconstructed Saw output. I've got some more add ons that I'm still working on, but I thought I'd throw these out here because these variable outputs are so much fun.

Tim (also looks like a trapezoid in the middle) Servo

mse_8k_lfo_v11_494.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.21 KB
 Viewed:  2093 Time(s)

mse_8k_lfo_v11_494.jpg

mse_8k_tsq_v10_162.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.88 KB
 Viewed:  1617 Time(s)

mse_8k_tsq_v10_162.jpg

mse_8k_tsw_v10_801.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.82 KB
 Viewed:  1084 Time(s)

mse_8k_tsw_v10_801.jpg

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Magic Smoke LFX - LFO ,with a waveshaper output ,more on this thread : http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=lfo&t=49081 ,from Tim Servo : Here's a LFO design I've been having a lot of fun with lately. The LFO core is my "8K" design that some of you have seen before. It's a variation on the standard Integrator / Comparator triangle core LFO, and I tweaked it a bit to give it a wider range (about 8,000 : 1, hence the name). The waveshapers are a combination of a tri-to-saw waveshaper ("Wave A" which is basically a sign changer) and my own TSQ tri-to-square waveshaper ("Wave B"). Here's a link to a YouTube vid where I put in a different cap to see (and hear) what the various wave combinations looked like:
http://youtu.be/FA88F1nxHDU

I call it the LFX. It's a pretty easy circuit to build, and will definitely provide you some very different LFO waveforms. Enjoy!!

NOTE: THIS IS AN UPDATED REV 02 VERSION WITH A NEW VALUE FOR R5.

LFX.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.48 KB
 Viewed:  1335 Time(s)

LFX.jpeg

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Moog Source VCLFO redrawn by Marjan Urekar ,site : http://urekarm.tripod.com/synth/download.html

srcvclfo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  427.37 KB
 Viewed:  1681 Time(s)

srcvclfo.jpg

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3 Phase LFO originally by Rene Schmitz ,redrawn and adapted with pcb layout by Motohiko Takeda ,added vca buffers ,page here : http://www.aleph.co.jp/~takeda/radio/homemadesynth.html

3phaseLFO.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  575.18 KB
 Viewed:  1336 Time(s)

3phaseLFO.jpg

3phaseLFOGen.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.48 KB
 Viewed:  1279 Time(s)

3phaseLFOGen.gif

3phaseLFObuffer.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.83 KB
 Viewed:  1437 Time(s)

3phaseLFObuffer.gif

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Controller LFO by Thomas Henry ,the whole thread is here featuring an article on it http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-54665.html ,from Thomas Henry himself : Hi gang,

Well here we go again with another project. This really is the best LFO I've done to date, from a musical point of view. There are lots of features and its behavior is very smooth on all fronts, if that makes sense.

Also included is a complete article I wrote up for it. I had originally intended this to go to a magazine, but somehow things got in the way.

As usual, I would appreciate it if you keep this stuff for your own personal use and not pass it around or try to go commercial with it. Always link back to the source in EM. Get in touch if you feel the need to do a PCB or something.

Dig in!

Thomas Henry

make sure you check : http://www.birthofasynth.com/ for more Thomas Henry designs as well as his Books on Synthesizer construction at Magic Smoke http://www.magsmoke.com/thomas_henry_books.asp

img_0001_815.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.05 KB
 Viewed:  1167 Time(s)

img_0001_815.jpg

img_0002_811.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.42 KB
 Viewed:  1100 Time(s)

img_0002_811.jpg

img_0003_181.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.68 KB
 Viewed:  955 Time(s)

img_0003_181.jpg

img_0004_211.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.28 KB
 Viewed:  997 Time(s)

img_0004_211.jpg

Last edited by vladosh on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LFO by Juan Bermudez from his Book on Synthesizer construction : Nueva Genration de instrumentos musicales Electronicos which is freely available on the web in Italian

nueva_generacion_instrumentos_electronicos-172.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.56 MB
 Viewed:  1039 Time(s)

nueva_generacion_instrumentos_electronicos-172.jpg

nueva_generacion_instrumentos_electronicos-173.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  963.68 KB
 Viewed:  1212 Time(s)

nueva_generacion_instrumentos_electronicos-173.jpg

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LockBox Synth LFO by Scott Bernardi

lockbox_lfo.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.6 KB
 Viewed:  1837 Time(s)

lockbox_lfo.gif

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Electronics For Music LFO ,modified by Dave Kendall along with a staircase generator and sample and hold ,all EFM documents are available on line at Fonitronik's web page : http://www.modular.fonik.de

lfo5a_v2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  251.14 KB
 Viewed:  1350 Time(s)

lfo5a_v2.gif

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

8038 Based LFO from - Tim's Ancient Analog Synthesizer Page http://www.chromaticsound.com/tim/Monophonic/MonophonicSynthPage.html

LFO.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  325.09 KB
 Viewed:  1110 Time(s)

LFO.JPG

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CMOS LFO by Osamu Hoshuyama ,page here: http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~houshu/synth/

LfoMos0211.GIF
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.31 KB
 Viewed:  1448 Time(s)

LfoMos0211.GIF

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS LFO's this is his description :
The LFO's are actually what I started with made of a basic 2 opamp inverter/integrator configuration, with square
and triangle outputs, similar to the MFOS supersimple LFO. It has a switch to select between saw/triangle/inverse saw
and a 3rd output which you can mix between the square and triangle. Originally I made it with only one LED,
attached to the mixed output, but you can never have enough blinky lights, so I added one to the square out
aswell. I made 3 versions with different caps to get a total range of ± 0.5 sec. to 10 minutes. You could offcourse
use a switch to select different caps and have the full range in 1 LFO. The 100nF cap attached to the voltage divider
for the squarewave (non inverting input of U1b) is added to suppress voltage spikes.

more on this thread : http://www.electro-music.com/forum/post-357536.html

PHOBoS - LFOs.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.5 KB
 Viewed:  1302 Time(s)

PHOBoS - LFOs.gif

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CV LFO by Papareil based on Formant Synth Book II ,more info on the page : http://m.bareille.free.fr/asm1/asm1x_lfo.htm

vclfo.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.02 KB
 Viewed:  1229 Time(s)

vclfo.gif

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Voltage controlled low frequency oscillator by Yves Usson ,details on the construction on his page : http://yusynth.net/Modular/index_en.html ,from there : This module is a very useful utilty module in a modular synthesizer. It provides low frequency signals with different waveshapes that can be used to modulate and control many other modules. Another interesting feature of such a module is that its oscillation rate can be controlled by a CV.
In this version, the frequency can be set with the RATE knob between 0.1Hz (10s repetition rate) and 100Hz (0.01s repetition rate) or between 0.01Hz (100s rate) and 10 Hz, depending on the rate switch.
The frequency can be modulated in an exponential manner using the FM socket, the FM level knob let us control the amount of modulation.

VCLFO1-sch.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.71 KB
 Viewed:  1318 Time(s)

VCLFO1-sch.gif

VCLFO-PCB.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.36 KB
 Viewed:  1150 Time(s)

VCLFO-PCB.jpg

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aries - AR-324 Lag and LFO circuit , more info on the Aries Modular http://leinermedia.net/aries/home.html and more on this LFO and Lag Inverter on David Brown's page http://modularsynthesis.com/aries/AR-324/ar-324.htm

AR-324 Lag and LFO.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.64 KB
 Viewed:  1292 Time(s)

AR-324 Lag and LFO.gif

Last edited by vladosh on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Digisound Modular CEM3340 based V.C. LFO ,the whole construction document for this and other Digisound modules is available on the site : http://www.digisound80.co.uk/digisound/modules/modules.htm in the description stands: Voltage Controlled Low Frequency Oscillator based on CEM 3340.
Same features as 80-2 VCO but operating in the range 0.2Hz to 205Hz. This range can be altered easily to suit specific needs. The total capability is about 500,000 : 1 by using CVs in conjunction with manual control.

80_3-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.32 MB
 Viewed:  939 Time(s)

80_3-1.jpg

80_3-2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  594.4 KB
 Viewed:  1388 Time(s)

80_3-2.jpg

80_3-7.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  513.51 KB
 Viewed:  977 Time(s)

80_3-7.jpg

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Paia 2720-5 Control Oscillator and Noise Source , for more details on old Paia designs visit Paia talk on their website : http://www.paia.com/

PAIA 2720-5 Control Oscillator and Noise Source.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.14 KB
 Viewed:  1071 Time(s)

PAIA 2720-5 Control Oscillator and Noise Source.gif

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Super Psycho Modulation Source by Ken Stone ,details on construction on the website : http://www.cgs.synth.net/
- This module is a much expanded version of the Psycho LFO, featuring six free-running oscillators, each variable between LFO and audio ranges, two of which can be switched to have triangular wave outputs. Each oscillator can be switched between low and high ranges, as well as off, and also has a rate LED, to allow visual determination of the frequency at which it is running. As per the original, there are also level and glide controls.

schem_cgs21_super_psycho.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.78 KB
 Viewed:  63681 Time(s)

schem_cgs21_super_psycho.gif

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Psycho LFO by Ken Stone and his description on the page : This is a bizarre little LFO that produces a wide range of pseudo random effects. It is essentially a reworked version of my 1984 "fluorescent simulator" for model railways, and came about when I was wondering what I could do with a left-over PCB from this project. The effect was so good, I've designed a PCB specifically for it. http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/psycho_lfo.html

schem_psycho_lfo.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.57 KB
 Viewed:  63662 Time(s)

schem_psycho_lfo.gif

vladosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Multifunction LFO/EG Generator by Osamu Hoshuyama ,the article in Japanese : http://houshu.at.webry.info/201106/article_3.html (Tested on Breadboard )

130805643256116312731_LFO_GateCnt4.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.76 KB
 Viewed:  1042 Time(s)

130805643256116312731_LFO_GateCnt4.png

vladosh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Simple dual A(S)R by Strazdas ,following this thread http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-50401.html as it's noted : Idea is taken from old russian Radio 1992 magazine, but adopted to modern modular needs .

All diodes n4148.
With trimmers R13, R20 you set max EG voltage (you may vary from near 15V to 0V).
Timing caps are C2 & C4 (tantalum are best), but you can change them for your needs or make switch for different timing eg. FAST-SLOW-MEDIUM as shown in MFOS dual EG.
With R1 and R2 you set GATE voltage (now it's +0,9V), for ±12V users calculate your own needs.
Will work with ±12V PSU.

NOT TESTED! but breadboarded and tested with +8V with no op-amps as on original schematics (it uses russian K176 series CMOS with operational voltage max +9V)

This is V2 of this Envelope Generator .

ASR 1.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  565.65 KB
 Viewed:  1184 Time(s)

ASR 1.jpeg

2ASR.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  364.76 KB
 Viewed:  983 Time(s)

2ASR.jpg

1ASR.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  646.48 KB
 Viewed:  1010 Time(s)

1ASR.jpg

vladosh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Music Easel Adaptation - Envelope Generator (voltage controlled) by Aaron Lanterman ,following this thread http://www.electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=buchla&t=36554 ,visit Aaron's page on Buchla Easel for details on construction of this module or getting pcb's for the project : http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~lanterma/buchla/boards/mea_envgen/mea_envgen_rev1.html

mea_envgen_rev1_schem.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.39 KB
 Viewed:  1079 Time(s)

mea_envgen_rev1_schem.png

vladosh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ADSR From Scott Gravenhorst ,as he mention in this thread http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-41514.html :It uses a TL082, 4069UB and a bunch of diodes.

This was designed for a FatMan, hence the odd power supply voltages, but these can be changed. I believe that the output voltage rises to 6.5 volts at peak.

ADSR3e.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.73 KB
 Viewed:  63549 Time(s)

ADSR3e.gif

vladosh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AD / AR by Ian Fritz as he present it here on this thread : http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-21723.html&postorder=asc&highlight=envelope+generator+ian more details on this design on Ian's page : http://home.comcast.net/~ijfritz/sy_over.htm ,Dual AD/AR PCB layout by Bugbrand

adar0306a_159.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.38 KB
 Viewed:  63543 Time(s)

adar0306a_159.gif

AD-AR High Resolution by Bugbrand.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  329.16 KB
 Viewed:  970 Time(s)

AD-AR High Resolution by Bugbrand.jpg

vladosh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Presented as one of the Snappiest ADSR EG in the World ,Roland 100M 140 Envelope generator , from this thread : http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-24627-25.html ,layouts kindly shared by frequencycentral visit his site for more details and PCB's http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk

140 Env PnP.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.6 KB
 Viewed:  63540 Time(s)

140 Env PnP.gif

Env.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.56 KB
 Viewed:  1240 Time(s)

Env.JPG

140 Env PCB.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.59 KB
 Viewed:  1437 Time(s)

140 Env PCB.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 11 [252 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 9, 10, 11 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: