electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Calling synth DIYers in Toronto area
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
sonic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Calling synth DIYers in Toronto area Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I met up with Cynosure tonight for beers and synth diy / electronic music talk. What a nice guy! Are any other synth DIYers in or not too far from Toronto who are interested in meeting up for drinks / exchanging ideas / collaborating?
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was nice meeting you too. Hopefully we can start a monthly diy meeting/jam session. That would be lots of fun Smile

Maybe even stream it - I learned how to do that this past weekend.
sonic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YES! T.O.E.M is go. thumb up
Luka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Guys

I am currently in Toronto and would love to catch up

I'm venturing off for a few weeks but will be back oct 20 or so

http://www.last.fm/user/prblmchild
sonic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great! Give us a shout when you're back in town, Luka.
Luka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

will do
http://www.last.fm/user/prblmchild
bunchy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Just found this Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any y'all still meeting up?
It would be fun.
Psyingo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey! i am in toronto.

I'd say a good place to come and hang out is Interaccess at 9 Ossington, on the corner of queen and ossington. wednesday is open studio, starting at 7pm. there be beers, and im usually there every week doing some kind of synth stuff, theres a few other synth guys that hang out. cynosure showed up once but never again...Y U NO?
also, sonic?
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Psyingo wrote:
cynosure showed up once but never again...Y U NO?

My worked moved offices to St Clair, so it is really out of the way now. I will stop by again soon though. Should I bring the Bit Beast?

bunchy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Psyingo

Perhaps we've already met. I'm Marc.
I used to go to Interaccess, a few times last year, but the last 3 times i tried going it was either closed when i got there or some strange corporate meeting going on and therefore open night canceled. Has things changed?
Psyingo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've been there about almost every wednesday night for 2012, there had been a few times that there was a meeting going on in the basement.. but that was early in the year. i think the studio was closed for the christmas holiday, with no open night being held. but for the most part its open on wednesdays.

if you are talking about 2011, i heard there was some weird stuff happening with interaccess, things needed reorganizing. now its much better. they have a dedicated staff member for the open studio nights, and they are a lot of fun. usually watching tv shows or something on the projector while people hang out and work.

you should come on out. bring a project to work on, or something to show off.

i dont remember if i've met you. i apologize if i have. i signed up in december of 2011, so maybe we didnt meet?
bunchy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds good.
Im not sure if i can make it this Wed. but ill be there next week.
Cheers
Psyingo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you still coming out this week? ill bring something interesting to work on hopefully...
bunchy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey. Yep i'll be there around 8ish. Dont have projects right now but need to do some fixn.
Psyingo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice meeting you, bunchy.

sorry i was torn between a few things that night. the omnichord turned out to be not broken, and in fact just needed the right combinations of button presses! i should probably not take peoples word that soemthing is truly broken :>

whatd you think of IA?
bunchy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Psyingo
Same here.
It was like I remembered it I think. Mostly people doing their own thing.
Funny with the Omnichord.
Think I will be by to look into a scratchy volume pot.
This was the kit I was talking about and could not remember...http://lushprojects.com/lushone/
bunchy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Phil

I couldn't find you on FB. Found your Twitter though. You can find me at Marc Rozender
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: