electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Faux Pas Quartet and friends Music From Last Thursday
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Noise! Noise! Noise!
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
autowitch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Noise! Noise! Noise! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just some fun with melody generators, shift registers, ring mod and pitch tracking. Sort of taking everything and throwing it together to see if something interesting happens. I probably should have cut the length down a bit...

https://soundcloud.com/autowitch/sausage-party (with too much reverb)

https://vimeo.com/62040867 (video - not enough reverb Smile )

Sausage Party from the autowitch on Vimeo.

Edit: I was trying for garbled and out of control.
Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Super build there Cool .

That's alien abduction music in my book!

analog_backlash

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Autowitch.

I've only just got round to listening/watching these posts (I had to be in a patient mood because, as you say, they are quite long!). Really like some of the sounds that you're getting. I'm building a lunetta at the moment (I will post very soon - I keep saying that).

Draal wrote:
Super build there Cool .

Ditto.

Just wondered which circuits you've used for pitch tracking (a 4046-based circuit?) and the shift registers. I have lots of schematics in my collection, but I'm not sure which ones to try.

Keep up the good work,

Gary
autowitch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Gary,

I'm looking forward to seeing what you are working on!

I used this thread for the pitch tracker. I used the 4049/4046 version (more specifically the breadboarded one in the middle of the thread).

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-51275.html

The pitch tracker can vary pretty wildly depending on the manufacturer you use for the chips. I don't quite get the laser bloops that some people do, but I do get a nice texture of gurgles. I'm planning on building another one using a different source for the 4046 and seeing what happens.

I suspect that tweaking the caps will lead to some pretty dramatic changes in the behavior. (You must build a pitch tracker; I can't recommend it enough).

For the shift registers, I started with this:

http://electro-music.com/emsynth/PseudoRandom.html

I only have one bit hooked up. I wasn't sure how to seed the bits going into the shift register, so I added a push button going from hot to one of the legs of the XOR input. That effectively gives me a bit toggle that I can use to seed the shift register as it starts or to tweak it when it runs.

I think using an XNOR instead of an XOR may handle this problem on its own; but I've decided that I like the manual tweaking.

I made two outputs for the "random" bits. One is just like it's seen in the emSynth schematic. The other ANDs the bit with the clock; that would give a pulse output. This could be fun if combined with the drum circuits found here: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-52786.html

The eventual plan is to create four of these using the various XOR connections in the emSynth version. That should provide a source for 4 bit random numbers that could be used for all sorts of things.

-aw
RingMad

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

autowitch wrote:
The eventual plan is to create four of these using the various XOR connections in the emSynth version. That should provide a source for 4 bit random numbers that could be used for all sorts of things.

If you are interested, there was some discussion of a few other 4-bit pseudo-random generators here: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-52066.html

James.
Dogenigt

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

autowitch wrote:

The pitch tracker can vary pretty wildly depending on the manufacturer you use for the chips. I don't quite get the laser bloops that some people do, but I do get a nice texture of gurgles. I'm planning on building another one using a different source for the 4046 and seeing what happens.

Hi aw, try unplugging your ground connection to your 4046, I did that with my CD4046BE and suddenly the lazer sweeps came on! very strange...!

Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: