electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
<on air> Rob Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Correction: I'm *not* making TR-808 Voice Boards...
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 9 of 10 [241 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10 Next

How would you like the 808 voices to be arranged?
Two pcbs with six voices each.
28%
 28%  [ 15 ]
Three pcbs with four voices each.
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
Individual pcbs with one voice each.
50%
 50%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 52

elmegil

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rarrison wrote:

It seems Doug is self employed, so I don't get the "work obligations" he's used for excuses over the years.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/dougwellington

Can't speak for other parts of this, but "self employed" does not mean "no obligations".
Rarrison

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, "no" obligations was a stretch. I meant it more from a "likely able to set own schedule much more than a clock puncher" perspective.
pix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...and still no word from the Dougster...
Jojjelito

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There was an update from Doug on the eight-oh-eight site so there might be life in the project yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.
am4d

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also see the new addition of a MB-808 History page where doug tells his "side of the story"

http://www.eight-oh-eight.org/Blog/history.html
bubzy

Audio files: 62

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

!doug
LFLab

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If anything, those knee problems will allow him to spend more time on the project rather than less.
My knee is bust up as well, and arthroscopy (1 day at the hospital), and the check up and suction of fluids (particularly nasty since they need to stick a big ol' needle under the kneecap) 2 hours. Didn't have a laptop at the time (1992 or thereabouts) but spent a ton of time at home.
pix

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UPS/Fedex/USPS all make pick ups as well. There's really no reason for not sending my stuff or going off radar again for several weeks (he's not replying my PMs).

this is the same pattern as before. He comes out sounding legit and actually can make you feel guilty for asking what's rightfully yours...but then nothing happens....again....and again....and again....

7 years and counting in my case.

Jojjelito

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It turns out that Doug claims that he's cut down his involvement here, at MIDIbox etc. Did you e-mail him at the address indicated over at the eight-oh-eight site? I'm not sure PMs here to him will get read until the ongoing situation with the 808 is under control.
angrycustomer

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,
don't send any money to Doug wellington.
he's nothing but a thief and a liar.
i sent him 5 emails asking for a refund the last 6 weeks and he never wrote back.
i sent him an email asking why the project was taking so long and he gave me an answer within 24 hours...
Blue Hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 148
G2 patch files: 318

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can understand you being angry, but could you please keep your user name here a bit decent?

dougisgarbage wrote:
Hi,
don't send any money to Doug wellington.
he's nothing but a thief and a liar.
i sent him 5 emails asking for a refund the last 6 weeks and he never wrote back.
i sent him an email asking why the project was taking so long and he gave me an answer within 24 hours...

angrycustomer

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry i just changed my name
richardc64

Audio files: 25

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As a disinterested party, I wonder if this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_fraud
would apply.

-minus-

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wondering what happened to the post linking to legal options? I'm sure I read it here a few days ago.
Blue Hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 148
G2 patch files: 318

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There was such a post indeed, I deleted it as there is no need in this discussion for people to sign up to just post such information.

Especially not when they are not coming from a place they claim they come from with an IP address that's being listed as sending spam.

If anyone involved would like to talk about legal action that would be be fine of course.

Brogram

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm very confused to see people posting on here about batch 3 and 4. They will never ship. I've never in my life seen more excuses from one person. I know I'm saying the same thing many people have stated but please please please do not send this person money. He is also in a never ending loop as seen in the website updates. This project is not happening. There is no progress. I got out two years ago?? (not sure) when I saw the excuses happening over and over I knew what was in store and got my refund back after a couple more email excuses believe it or not! I hope everyone gets theirs back.
Last edited by Brogram on Fri May 24, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brogram

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jojjelito wrote:
There was an update from Doug on the eight-oh-eight site so there might be life in the project yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Don't get sucked in! Avert your eyes!
Jojjelito

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brogram wrote:

Don't get sucked in! Avert your eyes!

Who knows, in hindsight I'd never send any money unless tangible proof of progress was shown.
infindebula

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So.....

I know this topic is getting old, but ...

The web site hasn't been updated in a month. It said the next task was to send out the 3 refunds that had been asked for.

Was anybody here one of the refunds? I wasn't. How long does it take in 2013 to refund somebody's money, anyway??

Has anybody heard from Doug?? I haven't.

I do hope, however, that once the current refunds are sent out, Doug will stop entertaining refund requests until after some kits are shipped. Either that, or just refund EVERYBODY'S money and not request it again until he has something to ship.

I am a patient man, but these month-long relapses into silence are driving me insane.
waveselector

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have also asked for a refund (3 times, beginning at the end of March) and still have yet to hear back from him. I wish I could convince myself that there's a good excuse for it but there are just too many of those for any new ones to be meaningful. I feel suckered.
krisp14u

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope to have my deposit refund today or tomorrow Very Happy

That said I hoped to have the unit built by now Crying or Very sad but I have given up

Paul Darlow

www.krisp1.com
angrycustomer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I hope to have my deposit refund today or tomorrow

he said he will give you a refund ? or you're just hoping ?

i've been asking for a refund 6 times and he never replied
krisp14u

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

angrycustomer wrote:
Quote:
I hope to have my deposit refund today or tomorrow

he said he will give you a refund ? or you're just hoping ?

i've been asking for a refund 6 times and he never replied

I was told by Doug he would refund me on Wednesday/Thursday this week

Paul Darlow

www.krisp1.com
infindebula

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

krisp14u wrote:

Now it's a week later - did you get your refund?
krisp14u

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

infindebula wrote:
krisp14u wrote:

Now it's a week later - did you get your refund?

No once more I have been let down by Doug

Crying or Very sad

I would still take the kit I would even be happy just to take the PCB but I’m starting to believe it’s never going to happen Rolling Eyes

Paul Darlow

www.krisp1.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 9 of 10 [241 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: