electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
4011 drums pcb...
Page 3 of 4 [81 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Psyingo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Draal wrote:
I'd buy a kit on a heartbeat. But if not available, a pcb alone is ok.

im thinking the kit would have the range capacitors preset for the voices, in the most useful configurations. as stated before there are 4 drums... 2 with pitch bend and 2 without. i will call the pitch bend drums 'bend' and the ones without 'plain'.

so im thinking for the plains have one go from a bass drum range up to say a high tuned tom, and the other to be medium toms to blocks and triangles.

for the bends im thinking low bass to mid tom, and the other would be low tom to high tom or so. this would cover a nice range of sounds to be tuned, having the one bend drum for nice big kicks, and the other for synth drums or snappy snares and the like.

the kits would be without pots and jacks, as those tend to be up to the users discretion depending on their system.

any thoughts on this?
Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A plan for preset cap voicings is a sound idea. This is the heart of this pcb project. Knowing what works right off the bat will ensure a smooth build process. Plenty of opportunity for tweakers to debate ideal voicings/mods later.

And yes, pot and jack configurations are very dependent on our personal goals so those choices will be varied.

elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would agree the caps, which you'd be setting based on your experience with the circuit (that I don't have) would be a great addition.
textual

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd be down, kit or just PCB.
www.textualmusic.com
www.mercuryprogram.com
Psyingo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alright, so back on track with this. i built the circuit board, and have tested two of the voices. hopefully you guys are still interested. I have ordered some components for the kits, if people are interested in that as well, over just the pcb...

tell your friends!
textual

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am still interested
www.textualmusic.com
www.mercuryprogram.com
JL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm interested!
Psyingo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

see the original post. updated with a link to my newly opened shop. which i hope to populate with more kits and pcbs in the future...
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey,

Im well up for grabbing one or two, and the pcb price is cool, but is postage of a 2" x 2" pcb really £6 to UK?

Please dont take this as moaning, not intended, just checking thats correct.

Cheers
Ben
Psyingo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Paradigm X wrote:
hey,

Im well up for grabbing one or two, and the pcb price is cool, but is postage of a 2" x 2" pcb really £6 to UK?

Cheers
Ben

yeah, ive already had some complaints about the shipping. I am shipping them in bubble mailers through canada post. canada post is awful, but its the cheapest we have here. I am shipping them in bubble mailers so that they dont break or go missing easily... however if you want them shipped in a standard envelope with some padding, i'd be happy to oblige. if so, hit me up with a pm and we'll sort out the details.

Last edited by Psyingo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
baudrate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Paradigm X wrote:
hey,

Cheers
Ben

+1 I'm interested in picking up 2 of the PCB's, but $12 for shipping to the US?
Psyingo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

baudrate wrote:
Paradigm X wrote:
hey,

Cheers
Ben

see my previous response
baudrate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Psyingo wrote:
baudrate wrote:
Paradigm X wrote:
hey,

Cheers
Ben

see my previous response

LOL I must have been typing as you were posting. Thanks for the clarification!
Psyingo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

baudrate wrote:
Psyingo wrote:
baudrate wrote:
Paradigm X wrote:
hey,

Cheers
Ben

see my previous response

be thankful you aren't in canada. if its shipped to canada it costs $16! why on earth it costs more to ship domestically i have no idea...
baudrate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Psyingo wrote:
baudrate wrote:
Psyingo wrote:
baudrate wrote:
Paradigm X wrote:
hey,

Cheers
Ben

see my previous response

be thankful you aren't in canada. if its shipped to canada it costs $16! why on earth it costs more to ship domestically i have no idea...

I feel ya. I ship loads of acrylic euro panels and shipping to Canada literally over doubled about 3 months ago. $7.00 to ship less than 1oz.

BTW paid for 1. I can wait to add this to the 555 groovebox I'm building.

Also, has anyone thought about adding some sort of noise source to one of the voices to make a snare like sounds?
Paradigm X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, thats ridiculous. $16? Confused

Im going to have to wait a week or so anyway to get paid, so i might try to organise a mini group buy to the UK to cut down on the overall shipping, if your happy with that? Please let me know either way, its cool.

Im super happy such an interesting design is available, dont get me wrong.

Nice one, Cheers, Ben
Psyingo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

baudrate wrote:

Also, has anyone thought about adding some sort of noise source to one of the voices to make a snare like sounds?

i already have :>
i have a design for a general purpose percussion board that i tied into one of the voices on the quaddrum. it sounds pretty nice actually!

my idea for the general purpose percussion board is that you could make any sort of sound, that is a combination of noise and ringing filter.... since its a filter, that means you can route the noise through it and get a hihat sound; or mix the noise in after the the filter set to resonate to get a snare drum... or a bass drum with a quick pulse of noise for an attack transient... so on and so on. id like to make that a kit soon as well. that one is all transistor based (sorry lunetta people!)
Psyingo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Paradigm X wrote:
Wow, thats ridiculous. $16? Confused

Im going to have to wait a week or so anyway to get paid, so i might try to organise a mini group buy to the UK to cut down on the overall shipping, if your happy with that? Please let me know either way, its cool.

Im super happy such an interesting design is available, dont get me wrong.

Nice one, Cheers, Ben

the group buy is a good idea! however im almost sold out! I wasn't sure what sort of actual interest there would be so I only got 10. I built and tested one, so that left 9. but i am certainly going to order more. eventually I'd like to bring the price down even further... but we'll see. I'll keep you updated about restocking. it could be as long as a month to get more boards made.
Psyingo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to be clear, my intention isn't to shaft people on shipping... i wanted them to be in bubble mailers so that they will arrive safely and not broken in half by some post office worker stepping on them, or ripping a normal envelope and having it fall out. i am completely fine with sending them in normal envelopes, as long as you are aware of the risks.
Paradigm X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, that might even be better, if youre definitely getting more, bit of a minor cash flow issue at the moment...

Many thanks, Ben
Psyingo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i actually just sold out. ill be ordering more ASAP. at least 20.
autowitch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. That didn't take long.

I'm interested in grabbing one or two from your next batch.

-aw
baudrate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The board and a surprise chip showed up today. Thanks a bunch!
Psyingo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

baudrate wrote:
The board and a surprise chip showed up today. Thanks a bunch!

yeah, i was worried that it wouldnt work with certain chips, so i sent it with chips that i tested...

don't hesitate to shoot me a pm if you have any questions
recompas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm definitely interested in a kit or just pcb when they next become available.
Page 3 of 4 [81 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: