electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
looking for an eagle file of quad bass++
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
saxofort

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject:  looking for an eagle file of quad bass++ Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello guys,

I have been reading your forum for quite a time now but I am still unable to found any information I am looking for!
I discovered it by Thomas Henry designs and wanted to know more about a community realizing his projects.

First, I am almost a beginner, I built a shruthi like ten days ago but it was the best thing I ever did! So I am starting to learn more about building and told myself you could redirect me to topics I could be interested in!

I had the idea to build a quad bass++ as a second project, cause it seemed to be easy to do and cheaper than an MPS ( which will come too, I hope). I saw how to build it on Thomas Henry's page but I am unable to find an EAGLE file for the PCBs or the page where electro-music sells them!

I saw on other topics that some of you were asking to an admin but they are old topics so I don't know how to find out Embarassed

Anyway, glad I am here and thank you for future answers!

Last edited by saxofort on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not every design, especially the older ones, have Eagle files or available PCBs. E-M only sells the Klee and the MPS, so anything else would have to be provided by third parties (and there are several, such as the Mankato and el Cerrito boards from Magic Smoke, the X4046 and various others by Fonik).

But even in those cases, there definitely is not a complete Thomas Henry PCB catalog out there to choose from.

What I did early on was build on breadboards from the schematics, and then transfer those to protoboard circuit boards that are more permanent and mimic the breadboard layout. At this point I'm more likely to try and make them work on stripboard, but a lot depends on how big the circuit is. Stripboard layout is as much of an art as doing your own Eagle layouts, and I'm not very good with the tools for either yet....
elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For what *IS* available, Thomas Henry or otherwise, you might spend some time browsing the schematics vault thread: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-56660.html
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Lost in the forum
Subject description: First post as I am unable to find out anything
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome party!

schematics vault would be my best bet too,. or change the title of this thread to looking for BASS ++ EAGLE files.
There are several people here that build it so maybe someone has them.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
saxofort

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for your answers and welcome!

I went on the link you gave me, and even if I didn't find directly what I needed, it gave several links to find out!

For the moment, I only found single bass++, so as you say, I'll change my title! Very Happy

Once again, thank you for everything
Dan Lavin

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bill and I did the pcb artwork in ExpressPCB format. Not sure that's convertable to Eagle.
saxofort

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Dan,

I'm not sure it's convertible to Eagle either because I'm not quite sure of what ExpressPCB is!

Anyway, when I said Eagle, I thought it was the generic name of what was needed to be given to a PCB constructor Embarassed

So, if some constructors ( maybe from Eu?) accept expressPCB files, I'd be glad to have yours Very Happy
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
So, if some constructors ( maybe from Eu?) accept expressPCB files, I'd be glad to have yours

ExpressPCB are the only ones that can manufacture a PCB from a file produced with their PCB layout tool. This is what Dan and I used. You can do a small prototype run of these boards though expressPCB if you like. If so I can PM you the EPCB file.

http://www.expresspcb.com/ExpressPCBHtm/Specs.htm

Bill
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Jump to: