electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Nord Modular G1 – The secret factory reset?
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
teevee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Nord Modular G1 – The secret factory reset? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do I make this secret factory reset on my Nord Modular G1?
Chris Ghost

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Teevee,

I not sure if that is the only way, but you can download the factory presets from clavia.se and load it via the editor to your NM
teevee

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chris Ghost wrote:
Hi Teevee,

I not sure if that is the only way, but you can download the factory presets from clavia.se and load it via the editor to your NM

But Nord Modular has 9*99 memories (891) and that’s a bit to dump, when you only can dump 1 by 1 patch in the editor and not as a whole archive pack as you can do on most other synths as .sysx
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a pchlist mechanism to upload or download patches from or to the synth ... bank upload and download in the synth menu. Clavia did distribute some patches as pchlists, but you can also make pchlists manually, it looks like :

Code:
7oClock.pch
Aggressive.pch
Bass lfo.pch
Bass1.pch

for more on this read the posts by Rob Hordijk and Wout Blommers in this email thread.

as an aside .. googling for the pchlist file format if found http://code.google.com/p/nymph/ .. might be interesting ... not sure if it would work for the G2 as well.

teevee

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The reason why I made this topic is because I have a similar problem to the guy in this topic: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-48966.html

1. I have tried his combination of ”SHIFT + Patch/LOAD” at powerup, but this doesn’t do anything.
2. I have tried opening my Nord Modular G1 and checked the flatcables inside and they were fine!
3. I have tried uploading the factory patch from the cd, which I have attached to this answer.
4. I have tried with “Modular Update 3.03” to overwrite my system

But nothing works and it still freeze Sad

Nord Modular V3.0 factory.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Nord Modular V3.0 factory.zip
 Filesize:  488.47 KB
 Downloaded:  535 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only way I know of is to do an OS downgrade to version 2.0 and then re-upgrade to version 3.03 ... but given your issues it may just brick the machine Rolling Eyes

As far as I know there is no such thing as a factory reset. You can start up with the patch/load button pressed, but apparently all it will do is to skip some settings then.

This sounds like a defect to me that should be repaired. Don't know if you have an expansion board installed, but if so you could try to remove that and see if it works better then - that would then pinpoint the defect to the expansion card.

teevee

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clavia forwards my questions to the company “Luthman” when I have technical problems with Nord Modular G1 and it seems like they cannot help me and they wanted me to deliver my Nord Modular G1 to 4sound (The Danish music store) and let them ship/pack it to Sweden.
I have been running through each “patch memory” now (101->610) and I found out, that some specific patchs makes the crash.

Patch storage: Name:
150 P5 Pulse
170 Car Pet
173 PWmod
182 BalladPiano
283 Vio Solo 2
291 Anthr syn 2
293 Bob Owens
346 PowerFM_WAP
367 Touchsynth
433 PWmod
452 Accordion 1
453 Bassoon
460 OBOE
477 Classic S&H

The funny party is that Nord Modular G1 takes the effects of the crash – to the next patch if you don’t restart the machine. But those patchs are “factory patch” so they should not have any problems!
Should I overwrite those patch with others?
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:

as an aside .. googling for the pchlist file format if found http://code.google.com/p/nymph/ .. might be interesting ... not sure if it would work for the G2 as well.

Wow. I've had my NM since 1999 or so, and have followed this and the G2 forums, but this is the first time I've heard of the Nymph project.

The creator went to a lot of trouble to document it thoroughly too!

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: