electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Andromeda editor for iPad
Page 3 of 4 [88 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
JayDog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just got this working wirelessly via RTP midi on my PC with no issues! Awesome being able to control the A6 wirelessly. Thanks again!
scd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for that report. I could not test on windows so it is good to know you have it working there.
tmste

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, is there a way to make it work on my WIndows XP DAW?

Do yoy think is possible to do some kind of reverse engeneering on the A6 OS to improve its buggy firmware?

Thanks
scd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortunately I have no Windows platform available to test on, but normally you should be able to get it to work.

An OS update would only be possible if the original programmers would work on it or when Alesis would hand out the OS to someone capable. I do not see that happen.
A few years ago I've hunted down two persons who worked on the Andromeda. They both said it would be highly unlikely that an update will ever be done. We have to live with the bugs which are, to my opinion, not so bad considering the complexity of the synth.

chowderdoof

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tmste wrote:
So, is there a way to make it work on my WIndows XP DAW?

Do yoy think is possible to do some kind of reverse engeneering on the A6 OS to improve its buggy firmware?

Thanks

You just need a midi cable from iPad to the Andy (in /out) I haven't tested it yet but you might be able to record the midi thru to your DAW (? or mabyee not). Im just recording audio to Cubase with no Midi and tweaking the results so far and it rocks!!!.

Ive been looking forward to the iconnect midi 2 or 4 + (http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI4plus) for routing midi and audio from ipad to both mac and pc DAWs since it was announced at NAMM but its still not available.

Im loving this thing its amazing such a joy to program making patches with kick ass modulations is a breeze and I did originally think when I first started using it that it is just like a firmware upgrade and closer to how the original designers had dreamed the interaction with the Andy to be - less buggy, more fun and amazing power and programming possibilities!!
chowderdoof

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

scd wrote:

An OS update would only be possible if the original programmers would work on it or when Alesis would hand out the OS to someone capable. I do not see that happen. A few years ago I've hunted down two persons who worked on the Andromeda. They both said it would be highly unlikely that an update will ever be done. We have to live with the bugs which are, to my opinion, not so bad considering the complexity of the synth.

I just saw an unofficial Prophet 600 firmware update on synthtopia http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2013/06/12/unofficial-prophet-600-update-adds-tons-of-features/ by a group of programmers on GitHub https://github.com/about/ and I immediately thought of the Andromeda!

Im not really sure how it works (hardware tweek or somthing??) but mabye it could be possible couldn't it? But as to how you could start something like this is another story Confused

But until then.... This Ipad editior is the BOMB!

I just scored a great little ipad holder and the editior now lives just over the top of the Andy screen. It provides excellent visual feedback when communicating between the editor and I still have access to tweak the front buttons and knobs and all the visual feedback from the andys lights (mods, trigs, arp, seq, env etc).
Steinklopfer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject:  So I finally could test it Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So yesterday I finally found the time to test it (my studio stood under water....BIG MESS Smile ) But yes...it's so amazing. This Synths gets even better than it was. The Modulation Pages are so mind blowing....This was so hard to do before. too much coffee Thanks sooo much for this. The Andromeda always was one of my best sounding synths...but the synthesis was to big to explore anything with those tiny little knobs for the special features. But now.....!!!! WOW, WOW, WOW.

We really should make that bigger! Maybe with a little website? (www.andromedaeditor.com or something like this) A link to your paypal would also be great! And maybe a little video or something. And lot of posts in forums. This has to be well known. It's so amazing! Is it okay with you when I post this in some forums? What you think of a homepage?

Thanks thousand times!!!
edobedo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I downloaded now but I'm not able to get it working wireless with OSX and M-Audio Midisport 8x8.
Soon I will buy a MIDI interface for iPad so I will try it. It seems to be a really useful editor, I like the many-pages approach instead of less pages with many controls.

I can only say an immense THANK YOU!!!
rufuss sewell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, this is amazing!

Ok, I've got it set up with Session 1 over wifi with Logic X open.

OB filter cut and res both work. Moog cut works but res doesn't.

Neither of the Osc pitch knobs work, but the waveforms and FM parameters do.

Super awesome though! Hopefully I'll get it all figured out.
edobedo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tried tonight via Line6 Mobilizer II Midi interface because I can't connect wireless (don't know why).
I didnìt tried all functions but seems work everything, and works very well.

This thing is amazing, now I can use my A6 at the best.

Scd, you are great, your work put the A6 at the top, many thanks.
edobedo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now I can use it via wi-fi, but seems to work only rotative controls, not faders or buttons.
Messages are active on the MIDI interface less but A6 doesn't respond.
For example: if I touch am envelope fader, A6 display goes on the envelope display, delay fader works, envelope offset act as a selection of other envelope parameters, attack time doesn't work.

I wrote of these issues only as info for the developer, i'm with a MacPro Lion 10.7.2 and MidiSport 8x8 MIDI Interface.
Next I'll try with 4x4 and 2x2 MidiSport.

If I connect the iPad via MIDI Mobilizer II to MidiPort 8x8 and act as a controller under a LogicPro 9 session with external instrument track, some controls doesn't affect,fro example LFO offset works, LFO level doesn't work

If I connect directly via MIDI Mobilizer II to A6 everything works fine.
Sometimes the controller reacts also when I use A6 knobs but not every time, but this is not a problem.
I'm very happy with it, I simply separate the programming session from a playing/recording session because of these little issues, but it is so useful...
Astral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

for those of you with issues, it might be your daw filtering out alot of the midi data esp. sys ex. When I connected the ipad directly to the andromeda I was able to get it working. (via iConnectMidi)

As far as anyone knows is there a way to lock the background? I often move a slider or a knob only to have the canvas fly off the screen.[/b]
rougenavarre

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

scd wrote:
As of now, there are 115 unique downloads (unique source IPs) of the editor from my website.

On a total of ± 3500 Andromeda's that is not too much yet. Then again, not everybody has an iPad, and not everybody is a sound designer Smile

Sure. This is an amazing work, and plus, it was THE synth to choose to do it.
This thread should count 100 pages... Where are the A6 users ? Buy an iPad seems not a problem to increase at this point the use of a 2500$ synth.

Again, thank you so much, this kind of work give longer life to these beasts.
chronicdog

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

registered just to express thanks to the author for creating this. amazing work
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't have an ipad, yet
isn't it possible to adapt the app to mac os ???
junosound

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't have an iPad but would buy a used one on ebay just for this editor if it works well.
Or could the Andromeda be controlled by the iOS developer tool?
Silagemaker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm buying iPad (secondhand)just for this app.To save a little time downloading , syncing etc on computer I downloaded Download Manager Lite for free directly on to iPad. Pasted link to file into it. Once downloaded you can unzip. Then it gives you the option of opening in TB Midi Stuff. You're good to go Laughing Very Happy Looks fab but haven't midi interface yet.
Thanks a mill.
Silagemaker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nothing's simple!
Couldn't get my pc to recognize iPad over wifi.
Used Virtual Router Manager and bingo! Through Motu Ultralite mk3 I got midi working. Changing the cables around so they were correct helped Embarassed Only recognizes some midi signals, oscillator semitones etc so something is being filtered out along the way. Have Andy's all midi receives on ok. Any ideas?
Have Line 6 Mobilizer 2 ( €10 in Thomanns ) coming but rather wifi if possible.
Still fantastic program but I'd pay a good price to have it bidirectional. You'd know where you are much quicker. I know it'll have to be down the line and you'd have to sacrifice some resolution but main oscillators, semitones and cents is fine enough for me.
Thanks again and where can I make a contribution to your work?
Silagemaker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would help if I read previous posts properly. Embarassed
Hadn't turned on global receive nprns.
Everything working great. Made a beautiful version of of my favorite preset Dark Church in no time.
Great work and thanks Chowderdoof Very Happy
tmste

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Andromeda editor for iPad
Subject description: download link doesn't work
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the link to download the editor in page 2 seemes dead, either doesn't work the downoad page on Synthmusic.info

SCD please...I need it!
scd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am so sorry, I changed a few things on the website last week. Here is a working link:

http://www.synthmusic.info/ccount/click.php?id=1000

It would be better if the original post on page 2 in this thread could be edited (id=2 should become id=1000).
Does anyone know if/how I can arrange that with this site administrator/how to reach him?

Boele

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

scd wrote:
Does anyone know if/how I can arrange that with this site administrator/how to reach him?

Hoi Boele, you have a wish to make Laughing

You can edit your own posts with the edit button that is directly above it - on the right side.

scd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
scd wrote:

Hoi Boele, you have a wish to make Laughing

You can edit your own posts with the edit button that is directly above it - on the right side.

Stupid me, I wasn't logged in... Razz

Will change it there as well. Thanks!

Done!

ProFete

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank for your work!

i'm forced to buy an ipad, this is the last thing I thought it could happen x)
rufuss sewell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finally bought an iRig Midi so I can connect my iPad directly to my A6 instead of the clunky wifi route.

It works very well!

I noticed today while trying to mod the panning of the output that the mod page for Voice Mix only has one destination which is voice mix level. On the A6 VMIX mod page there are two destinations: Main Out Pan and Aux Out Pan.

The mod page for VMIX in the editor actually does effect the panning and not the level. I just wanted to point that out in case you are still making adjustments.
Page 3 of 4 [88 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: