electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
4015 disappointment
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
astroman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: 4015 disappointment Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps yo can help? Got 4 40106's bliping away as short pulses triggered from a 4 step 4017. That bit works fine. My next experiment didn't work which was taking the outs from the 40106's and putting them through a 4015. Tried just about everything I can think of mainly 3 of the 40106 outs to the data, reset, and clock inputs. Thought short sequenced blips would be perfect for a 4015?
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try increasing your clock rate. Also, make sure you use pulldown resistors on all the inputs - especially the reset.
Psyingo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what exactly are you tying to do??

if you want 'sequenced blips' try this:

run the 4015 clock at a slow rate, the tempo you want the 'sequence' running... put a higher frequency into the data input. take an output from the 4015 and run it into an AND/NAND gate and run another audio frequency oscillator into the other AND/NAND input. that might give you some sequenced beeps.

if you were looking for changing pitches, however, you might want to look into a multiplexer of some kind, you can select between different oscillators via the control inputs. either that or make a VCO and a baby 10type sequencer?
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah the 4015, I knew that chip sounded familiar. It's the one I used for the Jabberwock Laughing
lots of fun if you use it to create stepped waveforms with some resistors on the outputs.
Just 2 oscillators attached to the Data and Clock inputs can allready create some nice sounds.

You might want to check that whole thread where the jabberwock is posted, it starts out
with a CD4006 but continues with a CD4015.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The way I've used the 4015:

I patch 2 different oscillators into the data and Clock pins. I take the 4 outs to an R/2R ladder and then send that combined output to a simple vco. You don't even need the vco if your clock/Data inputs have fast oscillators.

Of course you can combine different oscillators into a NAND/OR/NOR gate to send to the data pin as opposed to just another oscillator by its lonesome. This is the heart of it all; the more oscillators/clock sources and gates we have, the more to chain together.

I personally use the 4094 more often but the principal is the same. By themselves, I found shift registers limited in sonic "wow". But as sources to clock other things and mix them up, they are great. I like to use the outs of a shift register as the A,B and C controllers of a 4051/4052/4512. P

ysingo and phobos have great tips as well to explore.

astroman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many thanks guys! Given me more food for thought!
Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a clip on how I use my 4015:

astroman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Draal, I did the tricks with the 4015, worked great thanks!
Smile [/quote]
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: