electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
New gear!
Page 69 of 74 [1832 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 Next
pyrosonic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Macbook Pro 15" 2.3 Ghz Quadcore i7 8 Gb ram 750 GB 7200 rpm drive upgrade.

Also got Camel Audio's Alchemy and a bunch of sound sets.

I've set it up for live work with all the mixing and effects processing going on within Motu DP 7 so I don't have to bring a mixer to most gigs.
My Lemur template now has 7 pages including 3 pages of almost 200 controls for 21 mixer channels with 8 sends each.
I've got it running 2 instances each of Alchemy and XILS3,1 of Motu MachFive3,1 of NLogPro,and 1 of Zebralette plus 4 instances of SFX Machine Pro and 1 each of Bucephal and Eurodice.

No spinning beach balls yet. Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whorlweaver/133469163426410
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He can't have been that interested if it were "sitting in a glass cabinet"?? Wink
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
He can't have been that interested if it were "sitting in a glass cabinet"?? Wink

He actually had an excuse for that - small device, visitors with big pockets => lock it in.

glow worm

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wot - nobody bought anything for two whole months? I don't believe it!

Now this was fun to build and lots of fun to play with. Looking forward to building another Mutable Instruments kit very soon Very Happy

mutable_instruments_anushri_1200x900.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1000.36 KB
 Viewed:  335 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

mutable_instruments_anushri_1200x900.jpg

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just bought something....!

I'm quite impressed how much this thing sounds like the old unreliable monster, the RE-201! Very Happy

re20_open-850-100.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  380.01 KB
 Viewed:  297 Time(s)

re20_open-850-100.jpg

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

glow worm wrote:
Wot - nobody bought anything for two whole months? I don't believe it!

I'm on a "don't buy any musical equipment" stint until I can start making some money again.

So I'm actually spending more time trying to understand the stuff I do have!
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like a plan to me?! Very Happy
adnauseam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
I just bought something....!

I'm quite impressed how much this thing sounds like the old unreliable monster, the RE-201! Very Happy

jealous

This has been on my "want" list for a while.

Any commentary on your experiences with it?
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's definitely a one trick pony, but what it does, it does convincingly well! Why spend £££ on the 'real thing'?
glow worm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

glow worm wrote:
Wot... ?

My first (official) jam with it...

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds good, I need to build mine, its been sitting in pieces for ages!

I used to live in Petts Wood, Crescent Drive. Small World.
Oskar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Being a bit boring, I decided to order some stuff for my PA system, in case I should get a band together: A few cheap and cheerful mike stands, carrying bag for same (takes 6 stands in a shoulder strap thingy), a new carrying bag for my light stand, oh, and a few Heil Microphones, namely a PR35 and 3 Handi's. And a couple of ART and Samson DI boxes. Just to be up and running, as it were.
I'll upgrade as necessity dictates and finances allow.
Looking forward to trying out them Heils, they seem nice. Later on I hope to get a proper studio condenser for my vocals, but that's gunna be a try-before-I-buy process.

Oskar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I already have a couple of decent enough SDC mikes (AKG C1000, couple of cheap'n'cheerful Shure SDCs), a couple of decent DIs, and an LR Baggs ParaDI which is killer bee. All I'll need now is a good kick drum mike, a few spare cables in various lengths, a few spare mike stands and I'm all set.
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice hawl Oskar! Hey I've been thinking about getting a new mic for mounting in my walk-in closet for recording singing and guitar, any recommendations? I'm hoping to find some kind of girder/arm thing that could be set against the wall and then swing out when I need to do some recording. I'm looking for suggestions both for the mounting device and mics.

I'm tired of constantly carrying my mic and stand back and forth across the apartment, into and out of the closet for recording.

Oskar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
I'm hoping to find some kind of girder/arm thing that could be set against the wall and then swing out when I need to do some recording. I'm looking for suggestions both for the mounting device and mics.

That's a VERY good idea! Very Happy

robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I bought Numerology, and am having a blast with it!

http://www.five12.com/n2.html

Cool

jkn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My last gear purchase was an old Roland Space Echo... Wink From about circa 1980. I need a new tape though. The other "new" purchase was a used Roland Handsonic HPD-15. Bought both of these during my move from Illinois to northern Indiana and I'm just finally getting my studio sorted.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: Martin Baritone Ukulele
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's something I just got a couple of days ago. It's a Martin Baritone Ukulele, vintage 1960. It's on the left in the photo, next to it is a Martin Tenor Guitar of the same vintage I bought way back in 1961 when I was in high school. They make a nice pair.

They are sitting in front of a 1925 Victor Talking Machine Company Cradenza Victrola, the finest acoustic Victrola ever made, but that's another story.

The monitors are JBL LSR4328P with subs; total of 1400 watts tri-amplification. But that's another story too.

I've been playing the uke since about 1956, but this Martin is the best I've ever had. It's in such great shape that you'd think it was new. What fun.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very cool, Howard! We started the kids out on ukes years ago. I finger picked one of them to my dad as he was passing away in 1994, chose the uke to keep the volume down in the cardiac intensive care unit. Music was the only thing he could respond to. Stopped playing when I realized it was 1 AM. A nurse then walked in and said, "The lady in the next room would like you to keep playing, if you don't mind." Smile

This one is gem, and does pair well with that tenor guitar. Nice find thumb up

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Late night beer induced MS20 Mini purchase.

I quite like it I must admit.

OhNo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  231.45 KB
 Viewed:  145 Time(s)

OhNo.jpg

Oskar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject:
Subject description: Martin Baritone Ukulele
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Here's something I just got a couple of days ago. It's a Martin Baritone Ukulele, vintage 1960. It's on the left in the photo, next to it is a Martin Tenor Guitar of the same vintage I bought way back in 1961 when I was in high school. They make a nice pair.

Man, that tenor guitar looks fab! I need to get me one of those, or at least SOME kind of tenor guitar. Do you tune yours in fifths?

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm pretty ignorant where it ones to tenor guitars but have been reading up on them. The Martin ones are a little out of my price range at the moment, what are the cheap Ozarks like?
Oskar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
I'm pretty ignorant where it ones to tenor guitars but have been reading up on them. The Martin ones are a little out of my price range at the moment, what are the cheap Ozarks like?

I wouldn't know, Andy. I reckon I'll have to go for one of them meself. That, or something else from Hobgoblin or similar.

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, thanks.

While I was looking around for them on the internet I noticed this guitar http://www.martinguitar.com/forums.html?option=com_k2&view=item&id=89:d-100-deluxe look at the price!
elmegil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow...

however that fretboard artwork is amazingly painstaking. I'm not sure I see an extra $100k worth of labor going into that, but even so....there are collectors who I could see going for it....
Page 69 of 74 [1832 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: