electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Artists » Seraph
"People" by Jule Styne
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: "People" by Jule Styne Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just uploaded my piano arrangement of "People" by Jule Styne he wrote for the 1964 Broadway show FUNNY GIRL.

arrow Listen to People

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer

Last edited by seraph on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:20 am; edited 5 times in total
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice, Carlo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
K

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Seraph
nice arrangement Very Happy from the many enthusiastic replies you got to this tune I gather that this kind of music is not very much appreciated by the many noise grinders around here or more simply they are not very familiar with lounge music Rolling Eyes it is lounge music, isn't it Question
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

K wrote:
it is lounge music, isn't it Question

I am not familiar with labels but I guess you maybe right. what about calling it "fake jazz" Question Shocked

Quote:
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Very nice, Carlo.

Thanks venerable Mosc Very Happy

Quote:
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carlo,

You probaby have the skills to do something I have always dreamed of doing, be a professional pianist in the lobby of a hotel. When I used to travel for work, I spent many wonderful hours in hotel lobbies around the world listening to so great pianists. The best I've heard were in London.

A few times, I've played the piano in hotels when no one was using them. I always feel like I'm imposing on people though.

Have you ever done something like this. I mean Lounge Music is very cool, IMHO. Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well..dear Howard
my penchant for moody, melancholic music wouldn't make me the best candidate as "professional pianist in the lobby of a hotel" unless the owner of the abovementioned hotel wanted his clients to sob and sigh crying into their glasses watering down their alchoholic beverages while getting drunk Cool

Quote:
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
my penchant for moody, melancholic music wouldn't make me the best candidate as "professional pianist in the lobby of a hotel" unless the owner of the abovementioned hotel wanted his clients to sob and sigh crying into their glasses Cool

Moody, melancholic music is just what they wan't. People drink up in that mood.

We, Xeroid Entity, played at a famous jazz club, The Deerhead Inn. An experimental spacey improv ensemble was a stretch for a traditional jazz venue. After the evening, the owner had mixed feelings. He said the people really liked the music. That was the problem. They didn't buy many drinks. Shocked

If we could have laid out some melancholic moody heartbreak over a beer music, he would have been much happier.

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a nice arrangement and I like the recording too. Well done.

mosc wrote:
..he skills to do something I have always dreamed of doing, be a professional pianist in the lobby of a hotel

he sure could.

Trivia.. my wife did that kind of work. she played at several bars and places like that.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
This is a nice arrangement and I like the recording too. Well done.

thanks
elektro80 wrote:
he sure could.

thanks again

elektro80 wrote:
Trivia.. my wife did that kind of work. she played at several bars and places like that.

I did that too but I have never liked being considered "part of the furniture" of a bar where no one listen to what you are playing. here, at least, to be successful you should be more an entertainer than a musician. nowadays all the people "playing" bars etc. use midifiles singing on top of them. when I was playing nightclubs (early 80') the only mechanical help I had was an old Korg KPR77 drum machine that had 3 pedals (start, stop, fill) and a knob for setting manually the tempo (I fucked up the tempo most of the time, too slow or too fast Shocked )
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Quote:
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Artists » Seraph
Jump to: