electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
HEADPHONES - for electronic music production
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
wheely

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject:  HEADPHONES - for electronic music production
Subject description: Good flat Mixing/producing on the road cans
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

looking for a pair of headphones that i can use for creating tracks and making ruff (but as good as for headphones) mixes in the studio and on the road.

emphasis on electronic bass music, but not looking for hyped bass cans.
small and portable
comfortable
and under £150 / $230
.... curly cable if possible... Smile

Cheers.
wheely

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looking at a combination of these cans..

DT 770s
Sony MDR-7506
sennheiser hd 25
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a pair of HD25-1s. I think they're decent enough - I've seen them recommended here and there. They are not really for me - I'm not comfortable with small cans that clam tightly over my ears. Could be because of my big head (random hats rarely fit over my head), or just personal preference.

I had a pair of Aiaiais that I traded for the HD25-1s, which had a similar feel but worse - I also felt that the sound in them felt too sharp in a painful way.

I have a pair of AKG 240 that are falling apart - I will probably replace them with a new pair of the same or similar at some point. I feel their sound spectrum is flat and nice, they are big and don't hurt my ears. They are semi-open, so you'll hear sound from the outside if your volume isn't very high.

Just what I'm experienced with. Smile

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DT 770 ... not comfy to wear (too tight on the head, gives me sweaty ears), pumps the bass too much to my taste, still occasionally use them the listen if there are problems with a mix ... currently using AKG 701 they may lack a bit in the low (although that's not to be seen in the specs), but they sound very nice and natural and transparent and are also very comfy to wear.

And ... this might be interesting.

wheely

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks!, the chart is ace!!!

The dt770 are good in my opinion and ive mixed a few times on them at night, and the mixes have turned out as expected the next day. they are a little tight, but if you use the velour ear pads they are much better and no sweat!.. my only gripe is that they are huge to transport.

might have to go with what i know... Smile
DETOX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

from my limited experience with headphones i can also recommend a pair of DT770 (i own the Pro version). the only thing you have to deal with is a little too loud lower end but i absolutely cannot back Blue Hell's comfy-issue. i've never experienced any headache or any other aching spots when wearing them even over several hours (maybe due to the fact that i have quite a large head or something....). you probably don't need to get the pro version but these are the only ones that i can judge (except a pair of Sennheiser HD-25 SP II which i also own - they sound quite okay but are awful in the matter of wearing-comfort ).
Keysandslots

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grado? I love mine - SR-325.

Randy
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DT 770 Pro

There is a trick of sorts involved re the perceived hyped bass.First of all, the bass is not hyped. You will however get a certain type of pumped and booming bass if you have way too much bass in your signal. The trick is comparing how something sounds on your 770s with how it sounds on various monitors. Eventually you will "get" it. The 770 Pro behaves quite consistent, and makes it fairly easy to determine what is going on. When the bass gets bad, then something is wrong in your mix.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Jump to: