electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
<on air> Jez Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Arduino
The MicroWaveSampler - WaveShield Sampler w/ 16 step SEQ
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Dogenigt

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: The MicroWaveSampler - WaveShield Sampler w/ 16 step SEQ Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is with great joy I am able to present to you: our dearest little newborn, The MicroWaveSampler.
An Arduino/Adafruit WaveShield-based 'Lo-Fi' Sampler with 16-step sequencer, preset function and external clock.
A project between my best g33k-buddy Carl @ DimSos and I, which has been underway for a year.
We chose to call it MicroWaveSampler because it's a Microprocessor-driven Wave-sound Sampler.

Go to Dogenigt.com: The MicroWaveSampler for info and Demo!

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler. - Albert Einstein
MusicMan11712

Audio files: 148

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations on the birth of your new baby!! I love the baby blue eye and the how it tells you when its ready. It looks like it has a lot of functionality, which is nice for a new born!!!
Steve
capicoso

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool. Congrats
Does it have also an output for clock?
A row of 16 leds would be nice. It may be a personal thing, but i feel lcd screens are anti-musical... for presets and configuration options its good though.
Did you measure the precision of the clock? With an oscilloscope or anything? Just wondering because i'm developing a sequencer as well, midi though.
Dogenigt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

capicoso wrote:
Cool. Congrats
A row of 16 leds would be nice. It may be a personal thing, but i feel lcd screens are anti-musical... for presets and configuration options its good though.
Did you measure the precision of the clock? With an oscilloscope or anything? Just wondering because i'm developing a sequencer as well, midi though.

No, no output for the clock - I plan to use my Clock Box to sync my modules and no pins available for any digital I/O's, this atmega328 chip is absolutely pushed to the limits, every pin is used. Smile

And yeah, 16 LED's is a priority for version 2, again it's the pin-problem which made it impossible to add and the whole idea about having 16 characters a row on the LCD made it an obvious implementation to just show everything sequencer on the screen. It's not meant as an ideal sampler/sequencer, it surely lacks a lot of features - it was a personal task to see if it was possible to build a sample-player from the Wave Shield with limited means and experience.

Thanks for watching!

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler. - Albert Einstein
capicoso

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dogenigt wrote:
capicoso wrote:
Cool. Congrats

No, no output for the clock - I plan to use my Clock Box to sync my modules and no pins available for any digital I/O's, this atmega328 chip is absolutely pushed to the limits, every pin is used. Smile

And yeah, 16 LED's is a priority for version 2, again it's the pin-problem which made it impossible to add and the whole idea about having 16 characters a row on the LCD made it an obvious implementation to just show everything sequencer on the screen. It's not meant as an ideal sampler/sequencer, it surely lacks a lot of features - it was a personal task to see if it was possible to build a sample-player from the Wave Shield with limited means and experience.

Thanks for watching!

For the future you may want to check the shifter 74hc595. It's pretty easy to use, you can daisy chain them too. By using 3 digital you can expand them to 8 digital out, 16, 32, 64 or whatever. You can use one for the lcd display, and other two for the 16 leds. There's a library too...
Dogenigt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

capicoso wrote:
Dogenigt wrote:
capicoso wrote:
Cool. Congrats

Thanks for watching!

For the future you may want to check the shifter 74hc595. It's pretty easy to use, you can daisy chain them too. By using 3 digital you can expand them to 8 digital out, 16, 32, 64 or whatever. You can use one for the lcd display, and other two for the 16 leds. There's a library too...

Thanks man, I am aware of that one - that will be the way to go when you are fortunate to have 3 I/O's at hand Wink
It's the plan in the next version for sure.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I see what you mean now. Of course there would be pins free if I use the shift register for the LCD.

new voodoo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i think its pretty cool..if yuo come up with a PCB or DIY type (read: lo budget) way to sell it, id buy it. The lower it costs, the more id buy--but i like the simplicity and dedicated stuff. I hate menus and whatnot. Ideally everything would just require a power switch.
-oddities & weird
newvoodoo.blogspot.com
-bending DIY/projects
-crap
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Arduino
Jump to: