electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music 2010
Second Life Survey
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

p.s. why the catholic church is so close to the pub i don't know, but i find the notion mildly entertaining.

Les

dalekay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that will be a great tie in with here. Even a store set up for electro-music in SL or a donation jar at least ...

Well best be quite now ... I planted the seeds. I hope some sprout ... or at least muse some to flow into this area a bit more.

Dale
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
We can set up on my land, it's in Historic Selby region across from the Anglican Catholic church and also near the oldest pub in SL, The Elbow Room. I have the ground area set up as a playground / amusement park but there is plenty of open space to set up a stage.

It's hard enough getting my head around Second Life, and the attraction to it, but considering that Rosie's dad lives in historic Selby in Yorkshire, United Kingdom, it's even harder to get my head around the concept of historic Selby in the USA!!! Shocked

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Now there's a place to have a gig in!

In fact Les, if you want a Church interior, I can probably supply you with one! Cool Do you know Unity3D?

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, this is kinda confusing me now? You DO mean Selby Yorkshire????! Shocked Shocked

And Anglican Catholic?? Isn't that a contradiction in terms???

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
dalekay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah the natural verb in such places ....
just a few mm to one side and it's different ...

Dale
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, every property in the SL world is based on the region, which is 256 meters by 256 meters square land and 4096 meters altitude max. The one I own property on is called Selby and it is indeed named after the Selby in England. In fact I once met a player who stopped by to say hello because he lives in the real Selby in England.

I say the SL property is historic because it's been around for most of the time that SL has as far as I know. It has the church, the bar, some shops, some homes, and now... a funhouse playground with radio station! I put a mountain top in the middle of it and rides on either side and above to make it interesting.

If we are going to broadcast in-world, we should get organized soon because it is almost christmas day already!

Les

dalekay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.allmusic.com/song/t886899

I am thinking, high on the mountain top ....

unless you want to use the organ in the church to perform "A whiter shade of pale"?

Wink

I watch " 7 Years in Tibet" this am ... such a backdrop would suit me well ...

Dale
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
Well, every property in the SL world is based on the region, which is 256 meters by 256 meters square land and 4096 meters altitude max. The one I own property on is called Selby and it is indeed named after the Selby in England. In fact I once met a player who stopped by to say hello because he lives in the real Selby in England.

This is just too weird!! Laughing

I'm going to be in real Selby in 2 days time! Shocked Laughing

I shall take a pic if I can Smile

Ganzha

Audio files: 27

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: I ISO venue owner in Second Life
Subject description: My name is Vadim Moonites
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am in search of venue owner in SL
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: I ISO venue owner in Second Life
Subject description: My name is Vadim Moonites
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ganzha wrote:
I am in search of venue owner in SL

OK, well i don't own a venue but I do own some land. I can set up an environment of your choosing and advertise the event in the SL classifieds. Hopefully that will draw a crowd but maybe not. Just let me know.

Les

dalekay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

any update on second life events or is it another realm that has moved apart from music interests?
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's a LOT of music in SL and Opensim grids. I'm more into Opensim now because it's cheaper and there are less creeps. But there's a lot going on in these places.

Home,My Studio,and another view
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music 2010
Jump to: