electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Working Nord Modular G1 editor on OSX Mavericks 10.9.1
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
337is

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject:  Working Nord Modular G1 editor on OSX Mavericks 10.9.1 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reporting my success for others who may be having issues running their early Nord Modulars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3_H1vf-ssY&feature=share&list=UUrP4rvYdVvBUDhnOkj2bo7w

Nord Modular G1 editor 3.0.3 running on Windows XP Pro SP3 VL MSDN via VirtualBox 4.3.6 on an iMac running OSX 10.9.1. Using iConnect MIDI2. The iConnect makes things painless. I'd used the Midisport 2x2 for years, but it became less reliable in virtualized settings. The patch is my favorite one I have ever made for it ... an imitation of the crickets in the backyard of the home I grew up in.

This was a breeze to set up and I'm not overly techie ...
jonah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i tried virtual box and i get an out of memory error in the g1 editor. from searching online i guess it has to do with the audio drivers, but it seems like i can't remove them.

did you run into this?

in your virtual box settings what is the audio driver you're using? thanks.

back to os9! Smile honestly i might try sheep shaver or some other os9 emu at some point because i like the way os9 manages windows compared to windows.
337is

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Jonah,

I didn't change any of the default settings for the drivers. When I tried using my Logitech MIDISport USB 2x2 I had all sorts of driver issues in the past. Moving to a modern iConnectMIDI2 which has class compliant drivers seems to be what really made things go easily for me. Literally plug and play with ZERO configuration.

When I get back home I'll double check my settings and share them with you here. Good luck!
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is great news if you have got it working? The iConnectMIDI is the only thing left on my musical want list. Very Happy
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
337is

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is absolutely working for me. My Audio settings in Virtual Box are:

Host Driver: CoreAudio
Controller: ICH AC97

I hope this helps you get up and running.
jonah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks.

i'm going to try re-installing windows and seeing if that fixes it. if i choose ICH AC97 in VM it says it can't find drivers, but i'd think removing the hardware from the device manager would fix it anyway. uhhg i didn't miss windows. Smile

i wonder if it's because i have a mac book pro - different audio hardware than the iMac.
337is

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jonah wrote:
i wonder if it's because i have a mac book pro - different audio hardware than the iMac.

I don't think so because I run the exact same setup on my Macbook Pro as well. The key for this working, imho, is using the iConnectMIDI2 ... it takes zero configuration and systems simply recognize it. Good luck! I hope you can get it up and running. Smile
337is

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject:
Subject description: Now working on OSX 10.9.4
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just bumping this thread with updated information that the same setup which I described above is still working flawlessly for me using an updated OSX 10.9.4 and Oracle VirtualBox 4.3.14 r95030. Keep on patchin'! Very Happy
337is

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another update to confirm that this setup works with macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29) with VirtualBox 5.1.26 r117224 (Qt5.6.2). Very Happy
337is

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the double post today ... I just realized there have been other devices in my chain, so clarifying exactly how this is currently working on my system:

Update: 07/29/17: Confirmed working with with macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29), VirtualBox 5.1.26 r117224 (Qt5.6.2), iConnectMIDI2+ 1.1.0 firmware, and iConnectivity iConfig Version: 4.2.6.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for your reports - I've stickied the topic - for .. you know .. just in case :)
337is

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the sticky!

Checking back in to report this is still working with this setup:

Update: 05/31/18: Confirmed working with with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E202), VirtualBox 5.2.12 r122591 (Qt5.6.3), iConnectMIDI2+ 2.0.0 firmware, and iConnectivity iConfig Version: 4.2.7 or Auracle v1.2.0-309.
docsample

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i never had problems running the editor in wine under mac osx.
Bambrose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Editor
Subject description: Nord Modular G1 Editor
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.stage-engine.com/micro-modular-1/
Works very well on Yosemite 10.10.5
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AFor OS X issues also see : http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-71420.html
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: