electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
MonotrOndes - my Ondes Martenot-style instrument
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ElectronicMelodist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: MonotrOndes - my Ondes Martenot-style instrument Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello!

I have found out that many electro-music members have been interested about my hacked Monotron.
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-389243.html

I just made a new blog post about that expression controller. It's optical design. You might find it interesting.

Here is a link

http://electronicmelodist.blogspot.fi/2014/01/how-to-build-monotrondes-part-4.html

Cheers,

ElectronicMelodist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So what you think? Smile

Morley volume pedals use electro-optical system. Does anyone own one? I don't know if Morley's designs use one or two LDRs. Using 2 LDRs in voltage divider configuration don't attenuate sound and stops sound from leaking.
LFLab

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty cool!
So you made a potmeter with two LDR's? Does that work well?
ElectronicMelodist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you!

It works perfectly! You can hear that LDR-pair design at work in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3swg8nbISA

Another LDR-pair is controlling the filter cutoff producing brass-like attack.
new voodoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so if i understand-yr using the LDRs instead of just the pot, because you want to control the filter and volume as well-so potentially 3 things with the same motion? (pot functioning as axle, 2 ldrs & LEDs functioning as an open vactrol)

im not sure id use the lever myself, but its a really cool thing to have done. even if its not what i would have done.
Im still interested in the monotron module conversion btw-its aboutn 14 projects back so i should be getting to it in a week or 2. Some paying stuff got in frnt but i DO admire your ingenuity and inventiveness. im impressed !(whatever that's worth Smile )

-oddities & weird
newvoodoo.blogspot.com
-bending DIY/projects
-crap
ElectronicMelodist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you! This design makes possible to adjust lever action without complex mechanics. If you use normal potentiometer you have to find a way to get full min and max value of the pot. And there is no viper so it's crackle-free and durable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: