electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
So, I accidentally bought another G2!!
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
TEMAS

G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: So, I accidentally bought another G2!!
Subject description: ooops!!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't mean to, honestly, but I was watching the auction end on Sunday and with 2 minutes to go the price was £634 for an expanded G2 Engine. So I bid £703 thinking someone must pay more than that. But they didn't. In fact there were no more bids so I got it for £634. An unexpanded Engine sold today £640, so I reckon I got a bargain.

And so now I have two. But thats cool because if one dies then I know I still have a spare. And the performances I'm making atm are huge so running two at the same time will be very useful.

I'm dead skint atm, but what heck. Let the module mayhem commence.

loydb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice score!
MFOS Ultimate Expand-o-tron Build Log: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/post-308797.html#308797
MFOS Mini-Controller Build Log [FINISHED!]: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-42968.html
dorremifasol

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouln't mind having an accident like that one. Razz
tIB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh, funnily enough you beat me to it... the good news is I picked up an unexpanded G2 engine today. I also got a good price going by the auction that just ended, though I think that was a little high.

Anyway, congrats... really wanted that expansion but it wasnt to be.

Enjoy!
fac

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's what I always tell my wife: "it was an accident! I slipped and fell right on the Buy Now button."
Oli

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fac wrote:
That's what I always tell my wife: "it was an accident! I slipped and fell right on the Buy Now button."

And then accidentally confirmed the bid. Three times in the last month. Just accident prone, I guess.

I recently suffered the following accidents: a BCR-2000, a Control C4, and an OASYS PCI. What fun.

dorremifasol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In my case, a good beer makes me more prone to suffer these kind of accidents. Omnisphere was the last one.
Oli

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dorremifasol wrote:
In my case, a good beer makes me more prone to suffer these kind of accidents.

Agreed.

fac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seriously, I have an expanded G2 and find it difficult to utilize all its power. I'd go crazy if I had two.

Strike that. I'd love to have a complementary G1.

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wish I could 'accidentally' buy my first G2, yet alone my second. Sad
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dorremifasol wrote:
In my case, a good beer makes me more prone to suffer these kind of accidents. Omnisphere was the last one.

That must have been a very good beer! Omnisphere has to be one of the best bits of music software ever.
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I'm really happy with it! I'm even thinking of buying Trilian, it has lots of amazing bass synth sounds. I'll have to save a bit first, though...
TEMAS

G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just thought I'd chime in with my $0.02 on Trilian.

I was able to get an amazing upgrade price for all 3 of their products and I really dig having them, but I think the new price is a bit steep, especially for Trilian.

The bass guitar samples are pretty limited in all honesty, so its difficult to do anything unique with them; ok if you just want some basic picked down strokes. I have 3 cheap bass guitars here at my studio (fretted, fretless & acoustic) and even though I'm not that good at playing, I always reach for one of them over Trilian if I want a bass guitar in a track.

The synth presets are a fairly detailed and varied, as you'd expect from Spectrasonics, but there's nothing there that you couldn't get from most other soft synths with a bit of programming.

Oh and some of the presets are like 2 gig +, so completely useless unless you're working in 64 bit mode.

I'd see if you can test it out first before buying.

dorremifasol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you very much for the advice Smile

I haven't made up my mind yet about Trilian... first I need to buy more RAM and a new CPU cooler for my computer. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit but only 4gb.

What I like about Trilian is that I can use all the sound sources in Omnisphere too, and it's a pretty big library of 34gb! That amount for 197€ (at a store near home) seems a good price to me, though not really cheap. Of course I'm also interested in the presets, I don't have any guitar!

Perhaps this one will need TWO beers.

fac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dorremifasol wrote:

Perhaps this one will need TWO beers.

The next morning, doremifasol wakes up with a headache, checks his e-mail, and realizes he has bought Trillian, plus a couple bass guitars and a Little Phatty.

Twisted Evil

dorremifasol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fac wrote:
The next morning, doremifasol wakes up with a headache, checks his e-mail, and realizes he has bought Trillian, plus a couple bass guitars and a Little Phatty.

This would also require a different bank account Laughing

dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fac wrote:
Seriously, I have an expanded G2 and find it difficult to utilize all its power. I'd go crazy if I had two.

Yeah, 2 expanded g2's at the same time can be a bit much. i usually keep one stowed away. You don't need more than one ...

Having another one just in case, is good though, very reassuring ...
MortenLing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I bought mine( G2 exp with a gooseneck as well ) in Denmark for 670 Euro also a pretty nice bargain i think Smile
Oli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MortenLing wrote:
I bought mine( G2 exp with a gooseneck as well ) in Denmark for 670 Euro also a pretty nice bargain i think Smile

Hey, great deal. Well done.

BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MortenLing wrote:

Wow, lucky man!
exeterdown

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a G2KB and have been stressing about whether to trade it for an Engine because it would be sooo much easier to cart around to gigs.

I think just having both is the best option. Razz

...the things I've bought while stoned on ebay...
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: