electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Nord Lead 3 - Morphing with Velocy
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
JyGius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject:  Nord Lead 3 - Morphing with Velocy
Subject description: I want flickering LEDs as I play with both hands
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all.

On page 30 the NL3 manual says that the Velocity Morphs don’t show the actual parameter values as I play on the keyboard since it can be irritating after a while to watch all flickering LEDs.
However, if I press and hold the MONITOR/COPY button and play the keyboard I can see the Velocity morphs as well. But if I release
the MONITOR/COPY I can't see the morphs anymore.
How to see it without keeping hold the MONITOR/COPY button?

Many thanks.

Regards.

G.
msynthlover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: re: morphing w/ velocity Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello. first, do you have os version 1.20? second, if you do have 1.20, then when you hold down the velocity morph button and change a knob parameter, you should see the led range change w/ the knob movement. my nord lead 3 does it flawlessly. also, remember that velocity is the measurement of how fast a note on/off message is transmitted (or actually the measurement of force or pressure applied while playing a note). what this means is, the softer a note is physically pressed, the less amount of velocity will be applied. the harder the note is pressed, the more velocity is applied. another element to consider is that for the velocity morph to work in the first place, the velocity button must be activated (you'll know if it is if the led above the velocity button is green), and secondly, also there is channel aftertouch in the morph section. there would be a direct conflict with the led parameters if both velocity and aftertouch were enabled to the same parameter, there for making it more logical to assign visible morph changes to aftertouch. think of it this way: what if you were to select aftertouch as a morph range for the freq 1 of filter, but also assigned a wider range of morph to velocity to the same parameter. then you play a note at full velocity. if you were able to see the led respond to the velocity morph at max, and then try to use aftertouch, you wouldn't be able to see the parameter change that the aftertouch is affecting because the higher value of morph assigned to velocity would cause the led to be past the max value that you set aftertouch for. so nord had to choose which would make more sense: to be able to monitor velocity or aftertouch morph in real time using led's. that is why clavia included the monitor button in the first place: it "monitors" different parameters when held down, and that's the only way to see the effects of velocity used as a morph. as far as being able to be able to monitor the velocity morph, the ONLY way is if the monitor button is continuously held down. the only other option I can think of is maybe some duct tape or something. I hope this helps.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Jump to: