electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
where did THE SOUND OF LOGIC forum/DEATHLEHEM.COM go????
Page 1 of 2 [39 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
loss1234

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: where did THE SOUND OF LOGIC forum/DEATHLEHEM.COM go???? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RYKS FORUM IS GONE!?!??

anyone know??

am i missing a NEW web address?
it was one of my favorite forums
i hadnt been in about a year as ive been
super busy

but today i wanted to drop by

such great threads!!!

for awhile it was:

deathlehem.com

at one point maybe

damian. deathlehem. com

anyone know?

thnx

inlifeindeath

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its gone for good Sad I think he left it up for a bit so everyone could grab what they wanted. Was there anything in particular you need?
loss1234

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

did he say why?
i cant find his personal site anymore either

Sad

commathe

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd be interested in any good resources people have from there that they could share too. I could never get on the site as the forum host they used was banned here (China).
analog_backlash

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi.

This is the only link I can find to the man himself, but it's not very useful:

"Address removed due to strong amounts of incoming spammers."

I thought that there may have been a contact address on it, but I haven't found it yet... It does say that he's stopped building stuff and he's concentrating on composing. I don't know if that's the reason he abandoned the site.

Gary

(address removed on request from ryk by Blue Hell)
inlifeindeath

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the forum wasn't getting any new posts and i don't think he could really afford the server costs.
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, i offered a number of times to host it for free...

sad, i never got a chance to get msot of what i wanted off there.
tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Long time no see everyone!

I've recently picked up my SDIY endeavours again and I really miss the TSOL forum. I was a member from the start and it was one of the best weird little corners of the internet.

So I got back in touch with Ryk about restoring the forum. He is mostly composing at the moment but he still has a complete(!) Back up on his hard drive. Send me a PM paradigm, Im sure we can work something out.

noise
monokinetic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+1 for missing TSOL. Half of my Lunetta is built based on ideas from there.

I'd support any effort to get it back online. Even if it didn't come back as a forum, a Wiki with all the info from the good topics would make a great Lunetta synth resource IMO.

And greets to Ryk if he's reading this Smile
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please feel free to use the wiki here for that purpose - http://electro-music.com/wiki/ - and when you need support for that, or any additional tools, please contact me.
trav

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am another who never got a glimpse of the forum but would have liked to. I suggest simply mirroring the archive, if someone can. In the world of guitar effects, there was a similarly useful page of "Circuit Snippets" since defunct but thankfully preserved by wise custodians of the web. Either way, it would be good to have the info somewhere.
Last edited by trav on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
commathe

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

trav wrote:
I am another who never got a glimpse of the forum but would have liked to. I suggest simply mirroring the archive, if someone can. In the world of guitar effects, there was a similarly useful page of "Circuit Snippets" since defunct but thankfully preserved by useful custodians of the web. Either way, it would be useful to have the info somewhere.
If you are talking about the folkurban schematics, I have them if you need them!
trav

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

commathe wrote:
If you are talking about the folkurban schematics, I have them if you need them!

I am indeed. My point is that these are still easily found on the web and I hope the Sound of Logic material will be too.

Thanks, though!
Richarius

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject:  TS0L is back ... sort of Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Loss, InLife, Analog, Paradigm, Tjookum ... Smile

Aye. I did leave the original The S0und 0f L0g1c / The Deathlehem Machine up for a while longer for others to grab from it. A bout of 'depression' hit again and I finally pulled it down. I shouldn't have and must apologize to everyone for that. Sad

But ... over the last few days, in addition to my own wanting it BACK, I've had 4 other requests TO bring it back. Smile

Today, that began:

"Address removed due to strong amounts of incoming spammers."

Is it's new host. BUT ...

Last year, when I tried to restore one of my dozens of backups that I still have archived, to a private PHPbb install at my server, I was told that the backups that I was trying to restore, were differing versions from the version of the PHPbb that I had installed. I wasn't able to restore any of the ones that I tried. Sad

The other day, I went searching for a potential solution at PHPbb's help centre and I may have found something. I do believe I bookmarked the thread. I'll have to search for it.

In the meantime - another chap on Faceboob earlier today recommended starting over fresh. That so far, IS, what I've done. I've created a small skeleton on TS0L at my server. As with previous - private / invite only / yada yada.

My goal of course IS to restore the most useful of any of the backups that I have. If I'm still not able to due to the backups being between versions 3.0.3 to 3.0.7 to the version 3.0.12 that I currently have installed, THEN, I'll see about obtaining one of the earlier versions that will be compatible with the backups and installing it as WELL to a new, temporary TS0L location.
Whether we end up sticking with the older version instead, or manually copying / pasting to the new one, can be determined between us at the new one.

_I HAVE_ missed having it. As quiet as it did get in the last 1+ year that it was up - it was still a HUGE amount of info. in the Lunetta area, that I felt during it's almost 4 years, went well in combination with the enormous amount of info. that is here as well.

I believe it was hexInverter earlier today that had suggested putting a Wiki up on my server.
BlueHell ... there IS a Wiki here? I'll have to check it out to see what is up there. Smile

Paradigm - again, thank you greatly for offering free space at YOUR server! Very Happy I've kept my own server running at site5.com though, as they're wonderfully helpful people there and CHEAP as heck every month! I have no worries about maintaining my server it all, even if it is only for my email addies and my 'retro' webpage. Laughing

I haven't been building since August 2013. I've gotten tired of 'wiring' again, extremely. As I had when I last stopped building in 1998. (And didn't start again until 2005.) Gettin' old though, so I don't know if I'll start building again.
But ... for some odd reason ... the Lunetta 'itch' might be starting again. Surprised Shall see. Smile

At any rate ... I have started to put the sight up again and I'd like to keep it up, period. As had been mentioned above, there was / is, a HUGE amount of info. in it's 13,000+ messages (at it's peak).

Here's to hoping that I can get it properly restored.

And yes ... I've finally, begun composing again for the first time really, since 2004 or 2005. I'd only been building since.

Anyhoo ... hey everybody. Smile After a long absence, I'm back here (EM) as well. (Formerly known here, as Rykhaard.)
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back!

cheers bounce happy smoker too much coffee party!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Richarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
Welcome back!

cheers bounce happy smoker too much coffee party!

Many fine thank yous PHOBoS! Smile Lots of reading for me to catch up on. Surprised Smile
corex

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good news!
Richarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

corex wrote:
Good news!

Hopefully, eventually. Surprised For a 2nd time trying to restore one of the backups, I'm getting nowhere ...
elmegil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome Ryk Smile

(you may know me as Pete Hartman on the book of faces ....)
analog_backlash

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: TS0L is back ... sort of Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great to see you back Ryk!

Richarius wrote:
A bout of 'depression' hit again...

I know all about that - I'm jobless as a result of it and somebody gave me the cheery news last week that I'll be lucky to find another job (let alone anything that relates to my qualifications). I spent a week totally pissed off, but I'm getting over it now. Anyway, don't let the bastards grind you down, as they say Very Happy .

Gary
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back ryk

Not sure if i should do this at all or here ... but the past is in my way.

I had some issues with you on your rykaard account, which made me decide to remove the editing rights for you .

I see you mention depression, which would put things into a context for me .. I've been cut off from the world at times and have been destructive and paranoid. From that perspective I can feel with you about what you did with your old account then. But I am just guessing really about what actually happened. You were deleting your posts here at the time.

Maybe we should have talked then ... I'm not sure what went wrong, I acted and maybe did the wrong thing.

I could have tried at the time to have an open ear instead of being annoyed .. I am sorry for that.

Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: TS0L is back ... sort of Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Richarius wrote:
Loss, InLife, Analog, Paradigm, Tjookum ... Smile

Hey man. Finally, finally, got my liquid hihat finished yesterday. been an epic struggle. Check the pics, and the date Laughing Half hour run through with just the liquid hihat, tr909, modified tr707 and effects. Amazing bit of kit.

http://soundcloud.com/llahj/liquid-livehat-live-techno

sorry to hear youve been down, i have as well but loads better now, getting this finished is a massive boost, so thanks again.

Catch up more soon, gotta dash right now Surprised

Stockport-20140207-00605.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  809.4 KB
 Viewed:  170 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Stockport-20140207-00605.jpg

Stockport-20140207-00609.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  707.82 KB
 Viewed:  158 Time(s)

Stockport-20140207-00609.jpg

Stockport-20140127-00550.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  671.39 KB
 Viewed:  176 Time(s)

Stockport-20140127-00550.jpg

Richarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elmegil wrote:
Welcome Ryk Smile

(you may know me as Pete Hartman on the book of faces ....)

Thankee very muchlee Pete! Very Happy

Now THAT is where I know the name from, from before! Surprised Now that I have the connection in my head again - very cool.

Yeah - Faceboob - I'm still on it. (Ryk Miller). It's handy in some ways, I guess. Laughing
Richarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: TS0L is back ... sort of Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

analog_backlash wrote:
Great to see you back Ryk!

Thank you greatly as well analog! Very Happy

Quote:

Richarius wrote:
A bout of 'depression' hit again...

I know all about that - I'm jobless as a result of it and somebody gave me the cheery news last week that I'll be lucky to find another job (let alone anything that relates to my qualifications). I spent a week totally pissed off, but I'm getting over it now. Anyway, don't let the bastards grind you down, as they say Very Happy .

Gary

Aww man! Surprised Sad Been there; know that. Sad I HOPE you can find something sooner than later! It can really drag you down even in the best of times! Sad

At least though - the week of being pissed off, is done / gone! Smile

'The bastards'. Aye. Sometimes it's difficult to fight / control oneself in those regards. Especially if you're by yourself. One of the best things for getting out of it that I've found, IS to be able to babble with someone about it. Not just anything, but about IT. That can help the best; a 'wall, to bounce things off of'.

Hoping soon a solution for ya man! Surprised Smile
Richarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Welcome back ryk

Not sure if i should do this at all or here ... but the past is in my way.

And the past, I myself, never wish to repeat. I'ze gettin' old. There's no point in wasting my own and other's time, like that. Sad

Quote:

I had some issues with you on your rykaard account, which made me decide to remove the editing rights for you .

Which to me in hindsight, was definitely the best thing for you to do! Surprised Though I tend to rant on and on in differing directions quite often, there may very well have been some things that I had typed, that were useful in someway, to others. My trying to delete all of those things was selfish and irresponsible. Sad

Quote:

I see you mention depression, which would put things into a context for me .. I've been cut off from the world at times and have been destructive and paranoid. From that perspective I can feel with you about what you did with your old account then. But I am just guessing really about what actually happened. You were deleting your posts here at the time.

Aye. Self-destruction, which is my most often used action when I'm deeper in one of those states of mind. I try never to bother anyone else with my thoughts / actions, more often than not, remaining silent / to myself about it all. But as you had pointed out, with my trying to delete my own posts - that was one of the cases where I WAS affecting others - which was not fair. Sad
Paranoid as well. That often has, become a big part of it. In those regards then - we be 'speaking the same language'.

Quote:

Maybe we should have talked then ... I'm not sure what went wrong, I acted and maybe did the wrong thing.

To me - it was not your fault in any way, Jan. It was all my own fault and how I had irresponsibly reacted to the multiple instances that had occurred at the same time, driving me into that destructive direction.
In reflection - back then I MAY have 'spoken' with you. But I wouldn't have tried, myself - due to my 'shyness' in life. (Never intentionally wishing to bother others.)

Quote:

I could have tried at the time to have an open ear instead of being annoyed .. I am sorry for that.

No apology required from you Jan. Smile Again as I had said - it was my fault completely. I had caused that annoyance within you, with my actions.

And again - I have to apologize for what I had done back then, as well as my disappearance. Sad
Page 1 of 2 [39 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: