electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cubase
A few beginner ???
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
idiotsyncrasy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: A few beginner ???
Subject description: drum looping/beat mapping/fav medias, etc
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone!

I have just started recording using cubase 5 (all on PC) SoundForge 7 and trying to use Reaper... couldn't get/find a decent version of Acid that works. Plugins Im just using Waves bundles and install when needed.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if not please tell me where to redirect it and again, thanks in advance for the time!

I haven't had any problems with recording, everything tracks well. I have been trying to add breakbeats, loops, dubstep, etc type thing that I found using Iphone 5 apps, but run into the problem of not being able to switch keys (alot of tonal pitches seem to be in C) along with that tempos on most tend to stay the same... common being 120bpm.

I was wondering how I can change both tempo and key and then plug them into cubase (or whatever anyone recommends) along with that, I did one song that turn out fairly well for a first time using an older Boss drum machine, but did it manually. I know but haven't the equp to start with midi but was wondering if instead of using an external drum machine, if someone could lead me into a program that can do the same thing? that way, it would make the whole copy/paste project WAY easier. I have a link if anyone is interested to show what I'm sorting going after, but being a first timer at this, Im sure this will all morph into something better. and where to go to get different and less generic samples, loops, etc. I'm mixing the styles, yet I'm more a rock player (guitarist) I have tons of experience with recording live instruments, esp acoustic drums so Im not looking for just basic hiphop beats, but more with fills, odd meter switches, etc.

if anyone can direct me, this seems to be the place to start! Thank you again for the time and such a wonderful outlet of a forum!

D

here is the link for the "ideas" Im going after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfE9Cr_wE0s&feature=share&list=UU3WF1wV-7wIhNu1uqkcyQyw&index=1
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: A few beginner ???

idiotsyncrasy wrote:
Hello everyone!

welcome

Quote:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if not please tell me where to redirect it and again, thanks in advance for the time!

Moved it for you, this place seemed more appropriate.

DrJustice

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: A few beginner ???

idiotsyncrasy wrote:
...Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if not please tell me where to redirect it and again, thanks in advance for the time!

No problem. FYI, there's also a Steinberg forum where you'll find lots of info and experts.

Quote:
I was wondering how I can change both tempo and key and then plug them into cubase (or whatever anyone recommends)...

First you have to get things imported into Cubase, then you can change tempo and key (and everything else).

The easiest to set the tempo is using the transport panel. You'll see a small field with the text TEMPO, displaying the current tempo (default 120.000). Click there and type in the tempo you want.

There are many ways to change the key, I recommend reading the manual (page 104, "The Transpose functions") for detailed instructions on that since you may need to differentiate between drum tracks and tracks with pitched sounds.

I can't help you with the Acid problems (that sounds wrong... Laughing), but you may well get help with that on the Steinberg forums.
idiotsyncrasy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you so much for the help. I'm trying to locate the manual now lol I was experimenting with some dubstep type tones, and drum loops, but I couldn't find tempos for either. I am more of a rock player, so I am looking for drums that I can change synchopation, rides, crashes, fills, etc, and time signatures (would be nice to have each on seperate tracks as to eq each, etc) but have no idea where to start. but this helps tremendously! TY again!
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cubase
Jump to: