Joined: Dec 11, 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario - Canada
Audio files: 60
|Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:52 am Post subject:
Volunteers Needed for Radio Station
Subject description: Be a Music Director!
|We are in the process of testing out and launching new alternative radio streams. The new streams will provide a uniform listening experience based on specific themes/styles. We hope that this will help improve your listening experience by offering what you want to listen to whenever you want to listen to it.
The main stream will still be the place to get the full electro-music experience and for live events. We plan to compliment the main stream with the addition of four new channels. We may add more in the future as required, but we will start with just four.
How You Can Help
We are in need of three volunteers to be a music director for each of the streams. Here are what the responsibilities will be:
- Come up with a clear vision of what type of music will fit the stream, and continue to develop the overall sound of the stream over time.
- Create a playlist (requires going though almost 6000 songs that are currently in the archive).
- Update the playlist once a week (adding newly posted music and removing old/stale music).
- Listen to the stream often and make notes on tracks that don't fit well and should be removed.
- Come up with creative ideas for the stream (scheduled playlists, live events, etc.).
- Promote the steam on social media.
- Come up with and employ new methods for encouraging musicians to share their music for use on the stream.
NOTE - We are looking for a long term commitment. Please only apply if you are willing to denote a few hours a week for at least an entire year. Once the stream is up and running, it shouldn't take much to maintain it.
Here are brief outlines for the streams that require volunteers:
Ambient, drone and chill music. Stuff that you would listen to when you want to relax.
Fast tempo, heavy, intense, glitchy, and noisy. Stuff that makes you want to either dance or thrash your head around wildly.
Experiments with unusual composition and sounds. This could include live performances, latency jams, modular noodles, and anything else that expands your concepts of music and composition.
How To Volunteer
To volunteer, please send me a PM on the forums with the following:
- The stream you would like to volunteer for. If multiple, then please list in order of preference.
- Previous musical experience. List anything that will show why you are an expert in the style of music being played on the stream.
- Previous technical/radio experience. List anything that demonstrates that you will be able to edit and update the playlists on a regular basis with minimal technical guidance (Blue Hell has a good system in place, so it should be easy for most people to learn).
- Anything else that you think I should know
How Music Directors Will Be Selected
If there are multiple volunteers for the same stream, then the music director will be selected based upon a combination of the following criteria:
- Experience with the stream theme/style.
- Previous radio experience.
- Previous community involvement.
- Duration of time contributing to the community.