Joined: Jul 27, 2011
Location: stip, macedonia
|Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:03 am Post subject:
Omnitronic Fad 9 - NanoKontrol Alternative + Installation
|Om Namo Narayan!
I was not satisfied with my Korg NanoKontrol because those knobs are really tiny for my fingers and i can't have the control i want while using it!
Then i did a research and found the Omnitronic Fad - 9
The building quality is similar to the NanoKontrol but i liked the knobs because they are bigger and i find it easier to control my Traktor software with them.
You can get the Fad - 9 for around 50 euros online, here is a photo from the midi controller:
Unfortunately is kinda difficult to install the device on your PC, but after few attempts i finaly did it and i kinda feel the obligation to make it easier if someone decide to buy it!
So here it is:
Download this driver & extract it to some folder.
Plug In your device in a free usb slot.
Open the device menager (Right click on my computer > Properties > Device Menager)
- Go to Sound, Video & Game controllers and you will find non-installed USB Audio Device with yellow !
- Right click on that and select - Update Driver Software
- Then on the new window select "Browse my computer for driver software."
- On the new window select - "Have Disk"
- On the next window select - "Browse" & then find the folder where you extracted the .RAR driver
- Then open the folder "Mid_Drv > Binary > Drivers > driver > open the file "Mid"
- On the next window press OK
- On the next window click "Device" & then click "Next"
- On the next window it will say that the driver is not recommended, but you need to press "Yes".
- Then on the next window it will again say that windows can't verify the publisher, you need to press "Install This Driver Anyway"
- Windows will then install the device, but it will show in devices as blank (noname)device.
- Open the Midi editor from the installation CD in the folder OMNITRONIC KEY-25-FAD-9-PAD-12_PC and click on "Omnitronic Editor" to open the editor application
- Select Fad9 & press "Ok"
- Program the CC numbers as u want or you just leave it as it is.
- Press Communication > Send Scene Data > Ok
( it will not start the transfer until you press ok)
- Then if you followed all the steps correctly the transfer will come to 100% and it is ready to use ( if you made a mistake, it will tell you "Device isn't exist")
Open your Software & select the Midi Device (don't forget it has no letters (blank)
Also the midi out and midi in on the device is just blank.
Now you can program the device knobs & buttons with your software & enjoy this portable 50 euro Midi Controller!