electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Venues
The Secret Studio
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
dalekay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: The Secret Studio
Subject description: New Venue in Antelope Valley Area
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Specs
About 30x20 room, about 10 foot ceilings, bathroom and two entries. Both can be in control easy. Many backgrounds and lighting possible.
Day use, weekend use but night use limited to 10 pm, due to residents directly above.

Area is used as a sound stage, teaching facility, theater and other things that go into art - performances ...

Sound can be done from a variety of equipment but sound has to be under control to keep the pitch forks and torches at bay. Reasonable levels. A meg watt system would be out of the question for such a small area.

Seating : I would say 50 per performance or so.

Stage as needed.

Reasonable rates to paid gigs when I am doing promoting. Talk to me about it. I know how hard it is around in my area to get any Electronic Performance happenings. The why I have such a studio for own band now.

Located Down Town Lancaster California. (as funny as that sounds, it really is downtown Lancaster) 661 West Lancaster Blvd Suite 101, Lancaster CA 93534
It is very possible to perform live and at the same time stream video / audio out. I often do this very thing on some of my local TV shows.

contact me via here (I check in every so often) use this email dkay@coastalgold.net for faster contact or call 661-992-4716 (ask for Lorraine and say it is about The Secret Studio).

We have camera people, script writers and other cool people who can help you get a interesting performance in a high traffic area. Other places are also around too in this area, ask me and make it a week or so performance in the area. Lord knows it is needed. Shocked

dalekay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am sort of amazed no one has commented or inquired?
Are we so far out in the nowhere land none will venture?

Did I not mention that when I am doing the promoting, I pay the performer?

Dale sigh

dalekay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Added some Improv from a few local groups.
For visuals, a almost 35 foot by 10 ft. high wall was painted with 1.1 white for projectors and other lights ....
green screens and others too ...

if you are in the area of Lancaster/Palmdale and want to perform or have a music video done with a live audience ...
contact me ... other venues in area I can give you details on too ...
one has a private garden .... just amazing ...

Dale

onewayness

Audio files: 19

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lancaster and Palmdale always make me think of Zappa.

Sounds like a cool space. Hoping to make it out to the west coast sometime in the next couple of years, and when/if I do, will be sure to hit you up.

Cheers,
Adam

dalekay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We use the studio for a wide range of purposes. A few weeks past if was Romeo and Juliet done with a twist (plenty of modern music and projections), A comedy show down, talk shows and some music videos, even a few films ... October it will be "The Stage of Screams" for Halloween ... several Hollywood sets in the fashion of horror movies being filmed ... interactive like ... I am building the maze now ...
Music performance wise, call ahead so I can set it up, advertise it so we have some people interested to attend.
Jan 2015, Paul Whitehead will be there. His work and live performance of the Borg Symphony ... I'll be a member of the Borg there with synth in hand ... I think my wife will also be playing ... We also have a Banned Art/Book show, in planning right now. It is on the main drag in Lancaster, in the area they spent millions on getting it more touristy ... I am directly behind the MOAH (local museum). There is an microbrewery about 500 feet to the west etc ... as mention, millions on redoing the area and many hard feelings from the old timers but newer generation seems content ... progress thing ...
address is 661 West Lancaster Blvd Suite 101. Lancaster CA 93534
Some free things all the time, some pay as you go, the haunt is $5.00, we try hard to keep costs as low as can be and still pay the rent/bills ...
30x28 area .. Romeo and Juliet was 3 days ... last day seating on the floor ... I figure 50 people tops for comfort ... the Playwright wanted everyone in ... 30 is makes more sense and have a few days .... if seated ...
I have bare slab floor painted black (in that config, it is a echo chamber), carpet to add (beige to light brown, mixed and the sound is more controlled) ... classes to demos too in there ... food can be catered ... plenty of places to do that including the microbrewery ...(hint hint) ...
larger? There is a theater and larger rooms but bring plenty of green as they wont do nada for free .. I seem the only one that bends lately and really I should not too much ... bills pile up fast ...

I forgot, projection wise , about 30 Foot x 10 Foot wall with 1.1 paint (white). use a short throw like one of the BenQs and it is great. Recording live is good, studio quite is not ... residents directly above (the artiest lofts) ... so most nights, we call it low key past 10 pm ... that way harmony is maintained ...

dalekay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CLOSED
My other 3 partners have bailed out. Leaving me with the whole cost. Since I am not doing anything with it that will generate funds, it's a done deal.

Moving on now to something else ...

Dale

Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Venues
Jump to: