electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Software Klee now available!
Page 4 of 4 [85 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
dalekay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dnigrin wrote:
You mean the Software Klee site? Working fine here...

must have been me last night then ... at day job now and they open ...

digging in ...

Dale
dnigrin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quick note to let folks know that version 2.2 of the software Klee is now available, http://defectiverecords.com/klee

Here's what's new:

* MIDI CC controllers are now scaled to cover their full 0-127 range
* Can now add MIDI CC controller manually (in addition to automated MIDI learn)
* Can now save default MIDI controller device and controller map
* Application size now configurable
* On Macintosh, now compliant with Gatekeeper (10.7.x and 10.8.x) setting that allows identified Apple developer applications to be installed

DrakheEM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Dan, just a quick thumbs up for your soft-Klee, been playing arround with it while I gather the components to build my own Klee.

Should you ever release anorther update, I would like to make a couple of sugestions if I may:

- a more intuitive way to store presets in addition to the shift-click (I would prefer to have a store button)

- an easier way to set the step pot's (e.g. click to select then up/down arrows to increase/decrease by 1 step) Depending on the range selected it becomes quite fiddly to set these pot's

Other than that great emulation!
dnigrin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the kind words DrakheEM, and for the suggestions.

I agree that the shift-click is not the most intuitive for the preset storing, but adding a separate button for "store" brings its own problems, like being able to indicate which preset you want to store into prior to clicking the button, etc... Anyway I'll think it over.

Also agree with suggestion for adjusting the pots - I'll see if it's something I can accomplish.

DrakheEM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dnigrin wrote:
Thanks for the kind words DrakheEM, and for the suggestions.

I agree that the shift-click is not the most intuitive for the preset storing, but adding a separate button for "store" brings its own problems, like being able to indicate which preset you want to store into prior to clicking the button, etc... Anyway I'll think it over.

Also agree with suggestion for adjusting the pots - I'll see if it's something I can accomplish.

Superduper Wink

Great to be able to play with this before the HW is finished. I have a feeling it will be to my benefit to know and understand the Klee because this thing is deep. For instance, I hadn't cought the bus 2 NOR thing, but fortunately your emulation shows the note being generated by the A, B, A+B and A-B. I was able to figure out the bus system by observing the pattern of notes generated. Offcourse AFTERWARDS I went back to the documentation (yeah yeah, I'm an IT guy, I'm the one telling other people to RTFM Wink )
dnigrin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I've had a lot of similar feedback around people wanting to get familiar with the Klee prior to building/buying a hardware one, and that the software was perfect for that.

The Klee is definitely one of those times where I do think the documentation is a must. It's NOT an easy thing to wrap your head around, especially at first.

dnigrin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just thought I'd mention that I've just updated my software Klee app to version 2.3. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the software Klee!

There are some new features, as well as bug fixes:

New Features
* Now runs as 64-bit application, and only allows for 64-bit plugins
* Now supports VST, VST3 and AU plugins (AU Mac-only)
* Entirely new plugin scanning process, should be more reliable and thorough, and avoids crashes.
* Plugin blacklisting, for plugins found to be problematic on app startup
* Added ReWire audio slave support
* Added "Pat Load" option ? after choosing a Preset, user can specify whether to automatically load bit pattern or not
* Added pentatonic scale constraint option
* Basic support for Dark Mode (menus and title bar only, Mac 10.14.x Mojave or greater)

Improvements / Bug Fixes
* Fixed Load function so works properly even when transport is not on
* Fixes problem in starting up on certain newer Mac OS systems
* Increased number of preset slots available (from 10 to 1Cool
* Added individual plugin audio outputs
* Added more detailed audio driver setting parameters, to allow for performance optimization
* Minor user interface improvements

More info available on the site, including free demo version: http://defectiverecords.com/klee

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Based on my test drive of several years ago, I am not sure 20 minutes is enough time to understand the strengths and limitations of the software and to give it a fair test drive. Based on past conversations, I know you won't change this.

Based on my experience anyone who tries the demo version should be prepared to just scratch the surface of its capabilities before it will stop working without any opportunity to pick up where they last were.

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-348427.html#348427
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-348529.html#348529

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
dnigrin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

$40 has gotten its original users 10 years worth of use. Smile
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dnigrin wrote:
$40 has gotten its original users 10 years worth of use. Smile

Well, I suppose $40 worth of groceries won't last that long, maybe only about a week to 12 days or so.

Quote:
I'll consider bumping the time up for the next update.

Nevertheless, I think its only fair to let people know that if they think they might want the software, they could be in for a major disappointment with the demo version; they'd be better off paying for the non-crippled version, JMO.
Page 4 of 4 [85 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: