electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
G2 DSP EXPANSION BOARDS ON SALE AT ENCORE ELECTRONICS
Page 5 of 5 [115 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wouter, your signature is very interesting. Your multi-controller software looks quite nice. I have spent a bit of time looking at your other projects. They are splendid.

wave

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wouter

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Smile
tagirov

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys
it's my first post here @ electro-music.com, I hope someone's still reading this topic.

I have a G2 Engine and recently bought and installed DSP expansion from Encore Electronics.

Installation was pretty simple, and the Engine is loading and running.
But how do I check that the expansion board has been detected and is in use?
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome tagirov

Hm I don't recall that there is any real indication in the editor, but you can always try to fill up all slots + their fx areas (eight areas total) with e.g. three reverbs in each. If none of the cpu meters go into the red at that point your expansion works. Patch an oscillator through each reverb bank and then into a 2-out module in each slot so you can listen and make really sure.

varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tagirov wrote:
...But how do I check that the expansion board has been detected and is in use?

Congratulations on getting a G2 Engine along with the Expansion board Exclamation

There are several ways to test that the G2 expansion is active on an Engine. One way is to load a patch into one active Slot and then check how many Voices are available. For example, load the linked patch into a single active Slot, you should see a Voice count of 30 in the Editor:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-52152.html

tagirov

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
tagirov wrote:
...But how do I check that the expansion board has been detected and is in use?

Congratulations on getting a G2 Engine along with the Expansion board Exclamation

There are several ways to test that the G2 expansion is active on an Engine. One way is to load a patch into one active Slot and then check how many Voices are available. For example, load the linked patch into a single active Slot, you should see a Voice count of 30 in the Editor:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-52152.html

Thanx Varice!
I've loaded your patch, it seems that all 30 voices available.
Thanks a lot!

bananabreadman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Encore is shipping more of these right now. Time to jump in I think.

First, bulk purchase anyone? I saw this suggested way back when, and I wonder if anyone tried. If we were collectively to buy 10, for example.

Second, I wonder if anyone can tell me how 'easy' it is to install. I've done a RAM upgrade or two in the past, but that's the extent of my 'circuit bending' skills. Should I plan to have someone install the Expander for me?

Third, Canadian dollar exchange really sucks right now. Sad
G2Psy

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bananabreadman wrote:
anyone can tell me how 'easy' it is to install.

It's dead easy on the Engine. Open cover, push in board, screw in board. Dunno if it is just as easy on the keyboard models.
uyoyu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm interested in buying an expansion board, are there any sellers in Europe ?
snadge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anybody still have contact with Tony, I ordered an expansion board 3 weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing from him, I need to get on top of this pretty quickly or I will have trouble getting a refund from PayPal.

I have read some horror stories online about the time taken for Tony to get in contact with buyers so if anyone has any advice it would be welcome.

Update on my post, took a while but I now have my expansion card fitted and working perfectly.
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

snadge wrote:
Anybody still have contact with Tony, I ordered an expansion board 3 weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing from him, I need to get on top of this pretty quickly or I will have trouble getting a refund from PayPal.

I have read some horror stories online about the time taken for Tony to get in contact with buyers so if anyone has any advice it would be welcome.

Update on my post, took a while but I now have my expansion card fitted and working perfectly.

How did you go about ordering one? Just got a g2 keys and thinking about upgrading.

Cheers

krazh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iPassenger wrote:
snadge wrote:

How did you go about ordering one? Just got a g2 keys and thinking about upgrading.

Cheers

Encore seems to have them in stock again.
although not the G2 expansion, I purchased other re-stocked boards last month (that have not been available for years), and they were shipped fairly soon.
if un-responsive to emails, you might still want to try ordering from encore, as their stock levels seem updated.
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, yeah I messaged them a bit back and it all seemed good, been trying to work out how much I need the board. Will probably order one though before the end of the year
vermillionCloak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just an FYI to anyone who googled and came across this thread. I ordered a G2 expansion board a few days ago from Encore and got it super fast. Everything worked perfectly!
Debvgger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let my first ever post in these forums be to inform you all that I bought one from Spain in August 2023 and I received it in about three weeks total (a few days to ship, about one week of travel, one week to pass customs, and a few days for the post service to carry it home). Can't be more happy Smile
Page 5 of 5 [115 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: