electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Klee Sequencer Circuit Boards Now On Sale
Page 5 of 6 [136 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
dluiz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Still have not received boards ordered in May Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Howard,

If you could add me to the list for the next batch, that would be great. I've been waiting since May and have all the parts ready to go.

Thanks!!!

David
agitprop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Still have not received boards ordered in May Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good luck with that. I have parts ready to go for my second Klee and paid for the boards a while ago. Can't get Howard to respond to PMs or email.

electro-music is a poor custodian of the Klee.

dluiz wrote:
Hi Howard,

If you could add me to the list for the next batch, that would be great. I've been waiting since May and have all the parts ready to go.

Thanks!!!

David
edog2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ordered mine Aug. 2. I got an email that it was back ordered and will be there in about 2 weeks. Since I got no news I wrote an email Sept. 2 and another Sept. 10. Unfortunately I got no reply... Why no reply?
ssuwier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: klee boards
Subject description: no answer
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same here: I ordered some boards, paid for them and got no confirmation, nor any reply on my two emails I sent.....
spuddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: kllee sequencer boards now on sale Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all , just tried to purchase a set of boards through the store site , got to checkout , but then would not continue----what's the go with that?
I've been on the "let me know when boards are available" list for months----not a peep.
Reading comments on the forum recently it seems to suggest it's all go.
Little help folks.
Regards
Spuddo
edog2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I hope the boards will be there soon since at the same time (August) I bought this
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/post-1104602.html#1104602
Now I have a beautiful panel without the necessary boards to complete the module. When I placed my orders both were available.
If the boards should not be available anymore it would be a huge loss of money. I hope mosc is reading this and won't let me (and the others) down.
spuddo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: klee etc Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Edog2 , thanks for the reply.
It seems you have the panel and daughter board.
I've been on a waiting list since May(3rd run) , but haven't heard a sausage.
Hope this all comes of.
Regards
edog2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi spuddo

yeah, me too! What I can't understand is WHY NO ANSWER?

Who knows an alternative? Now I have the parts purchased on synthcube.com (which were delivered very quickly) but I am left with a nice dead device.
davesax1965

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Difficult to build ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi folks, I'm pretty much a complete beginner to electronics, although I can tell colour codes apart and distinguish which end of a diode is which. Realistically, given the instructions, am I going to be able to get a Klee built ? Or should I go for a lesser specced sequencer, pre-built ?
elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would advise not, sort of.

If you use the Euro kit from NV, then it's a stretch, but doable. Biggest problem will be getting into troubleshooting if your cables aren't perfect, and the cables with NVs kits to date have had issues (not hard to surmount ones, but sometimes weird and confusing to troubleshoot).

If you manage to get your hands on just the analog/digital boards? I would say no, not a good beginner project by any stretch. LOTS of wiring, and LOTS of places for you to go wrong.
Benjamin AM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Good luck with that. I have parts ready to go for my second Klee and paid for the boards a while ago. Can't get Howard to respond to PMs or email.

I would have to agree. I ordered back in April(over 6 months ago) and have not received my boards. I have sent numerous emails and PMs to Howard regarding the order status. I received a response in July stating that the boards were on back order and were expected "in three weeks". A month later I contacted him again because I hadn't heard anything and he claimed that the files were lost in a hard drive crash and he was hoping that he could restore them in "two to three weeks". Now, I have sent two requests for a refund and the PMs have been floating in my outbox for over a month. I have come to the conclusion that they are being ignored. Since I am being critical, this could have all be prevented if the stores webpage reflected that the items that I ordered were out of stock. I would have waited and ordered when they were if in stock. Instead, people keep ordering and the neglect builds. This seems criminal. It is so frustrating to hear that so many people have had similar experiences. I suggest that electro-music shut down this store or find someone else you can fulfill the orders. I am sure that there are many of people who would love to take on the job, including myself.
synthcube

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey gang
we also tried without success to order seven PCB sets and after months have been unsuccessful. Not sure what's going on but can only hope for the best

we would of course be happy to take on klee pcb fabrication, of course only if the necessary permissions could be secured. it would be a nice addition to the klee parts kit we offer. Heck we'd even throw some $ back at E-M to help keep them whole, if the pcbs came over to us.

this is an awesome module in its many formats, and NV's daughterboard and panel kit makes it very accessible to most DIYers. I don't know the exact number but would imagine there's over 100 DIY'ed klees in euro out there.

maybe one or more of the moderators will review this and weigh in

we've acquired MFOS to help carry on Ray Wilson's work: www.musicfromouterspace.com
VinceL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Benjamin AM wrote:
Quote:

I would have to agree. I ordered back in April(over 6 months ago) and have not received my boards. I have sent numerous emails and PMs to Howard regarding the order status. I received a response in July stating that the boards were on back order and were expected "in three weeks". A month later I contacted him again because I hadn't heard anything and he claimed that the files were lost in a hard drive crash and he was hoping that he could restore them in "two to three weeks". Now, I have sent two requests for a refund and the PMs have been floating in my outbox for over a month. I have come to the conclusion that they are being ignored. Since I am being critical, this could have all be prevented if the stores webpage reflected that the items that I ordered were out of stock. I would have waited and ordered when they were if in stock. Instead, people keep ordering and the neglect builds. This seems criminal. It is so frustrating to hear that so many people have had similar experiences. I suggest that electro-music shut down this store or find someone else you can fulfill the orders. I am sure that there are many of people who would love to take on the job, including myself.

Benjamin AM, you make some great points.

It certainly appears that Howard has elected to ignore orders and PM's regarding the Klee PCB's. His last post on this topic was back on August 3rd over 2 months ago. And, from many of the posts here, he has not responded to PM's from even prior to August 3rd. I know he hasn't replied to mine.

If he can't be bothered to keep up with orders from the store, then he should find someone else to take over. If you look over the past few years, you see the pattern of boards being in stock, quickly selling out and then it is several months before they are in stock again. How hard is it to recognize that more boards need to be ordered?

And how about the courtesy to respond to PM's and make a post here with a status update? A number of people have paid for the PCB's and months later have received nothing in return for their money. As Benjamin AM says "This seems criminal."
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes .. this is ugly ... I'm aware of it ... I can not speak for Howard, and all I would write here would be speaking for him Confused

There are some good reasons and there are some bad ones too ... Howard did tell me some things. He is not ill, but not having an easy time either, and probably is not at home currently.

I did post about this in Admin space to try and get Howard's attention, but he may not be be around for a while.

Unfortunately there is no one else around here being able to handle the store for Howard, not in the near future anyway.

And I'm very sorry, but I'm not able to do anything more than this.

edog2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all!

How do you think I should proceed? As I wrote I already bought, received and assembled the synthcube kit (well, my tech did) but without boards I cannot complete the project.
Can one get his money back through Paypal? I never had such an experience before. Any advice? Maybe it's better to wait longer?

Edo
synthcube

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We sent another pm offering to handle runs of the PCBs and donating to E-M so perhaps we will hear back about that and also the current order backlog.

we've acquired MFOS to help carry on Ray Wilson's work: www.musicfromouterspace.com
edog2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's great news! Thank you!

Edo
tverdi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Klee PCB¨s for Spain Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everybody, I´m from Spain, I have ordered the Klee PCB´s August 2014, status back order, and still not received and no news about...I agree some information about my order or to send my money back.
Cheers.
peng

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could the person responsible for taking money / shipping please respond to my PM?
Or
take five minutes and post an update to this thread?
At the very least, can you remove "boards in stock" from the order page so others don't have to deal with this?

I'm not angry and I'm not looking for reasons like the files were lost, pcb house screwed up, etc.
I just want to know if they will ship this year or next.
I need to know so I can plan accordingly.
The lack of communication is making everything worse.

Thanks in advance.
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

peng wrote:
Could the person responsible for taking money / shipping please respond to my PM?
Or
take five minutes and post an update to this thread?
At the very least, can you remove "boards in stock" from the order page so others don't have to deal with this?

Although I didn't order anything I do agree with you. Howard could at the least reply to this thread.
Even if it's just a "sorry for the inconvenience there are some problems which will take at least x amount of time". Confused

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
piedwagtail

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/topic-79912-870.html

NV...halfway down

Quote:

I've arranged with electro-music to distribute the Analogue/Digital Klee boards as part of the daugtherboard kits. In short, this means that rather than having to purchase the Analogue/Digital boards from electro-music they will now be included in the kits I will be providing. The price of the kit will increase due to the inclusion of the formerly separate electro-music boards, or to around $345. In the end the cost to the builder will be the same it will just be one less source/step you need to go through.

With this change in distribution comes a shift in the process of the build. I am redesigning the Analogue/Digital boards from two separate boards into one large board that matches the size of the daughterboard and which will eliminate the need for MTA cables. The component layout for the boards will remain the same so that the original Klee documentation will still apply as well as Synthcube's component kits, the difference is that where normally there were MTA cables there will now be traces instead. Fewer steps, fewer potential issues of reliability, fewer hassles.

Please note that the daughterboards will still accommodate the original Analogue/Digital boards, so if you already have your boards built up then not a problem. However I will no longer be providing the cables/headers in the kits since they have now been phased out of the build - if you do not use the redesigned Analogue/Digital boards for the 3rd run you will need to build the MTA cables and source the MTA headers yourself. Fortunately this is an easy and cheap process and the parts are sold by pretty much every part retailer on the planet. I will also be including Mouser links to these parts in the updated build manual. When the ordering process begins if you already have a set of Analogue/Digital boards and do not wish to purchase the redesigned boards simply let me know and the price for you will be reduced accordingly to the former $295. I can also offer the boards to people who have purchased a kit in the past and have not yet picked up the Analogue/Digital boards, so if that's the case let me know and we'll arrange something.

electro-music will be receiving the profits from the sales of the redesigned Analogue/Digital boards so they are not being stiffed any funds by this change in distribution. Every Analogue/Digital Klee board purchased will continue to support the site from which the Klee originated. Additionally, electro-music will continue to provide the original Analogue/Digital boards for builders in other formats. The redesign I am pursuing will work only with the daughterboards, so anyone planning on building a Klee in a different format will need to go through electro-music and not through me.

And on a final note, because of the redesign process there will still be some time before the 3rd run happens. I need to prototype the redesigned boards and ensure everything is bulletproof before going through with the order. I'm going to hazard a guess and say it will probably be another month or more, depending on how efficiently the fab house handles the prototypes (and, er, how efficiently they work...).

If you have any questions please feel free to post them to the thread or send me an email. Thank you to everyone for your patience as I get all this sorted. The 3rd run is on the horizon and for now let us all rejoice the end of the MTA scourge.
DrakheEM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NV opened up ordering for his third run of Klee kits including a revised core board replacing the original analog/digital PCB's (as mentioned in the post just before this one).

Head over to http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/topic-79912.html and http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/post-1703211.html&highlight=ordering+3rd+run+open#1703211 for details and ordering.
VinceL

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DrakheEM wrote:
NV opened up ordering for his third run of Klee kits including a revised core board replacing the original analog/digital PCB's (as mentioned in the post just before this one).

It's nice that NV is doing this, but there are still open 2 issues:
1. His kit offering with the newly designed Klee boards is only for Euro. There seem to be a lot of people on ElectroMusic and Muffwiggler who don't recognize that there is a world of modular synths beyond just Eurorack.
2. It doesn't address the issue of the many people who have placed and paid for orders for the original analog/digital PCB set.

I hope that synthcube is successful in taking over production and distribution of the analog/digital PCB's and that he can come to an agreement with Howard on fulfilling all of the open orders that people have paid for.
edog2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with VinceL and hope that there will be a way for not to completely loose the money paid so many months ago.
Anyone knows if it is eventually possible to talk to Paypal for a refund, in case it should not possible for synthcube to come to an agreeement?

Edo
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sold thanks!
Last edited by Paradigm X on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Page 5 of 6 [136 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: