electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
  host / artist show at your time
today> Modulator ESP Adventures In Sound
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Opportunities Wanted and Available
Synth Noodles Compilation Project?
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Jack_Hertz

Audio files: 101
G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Synth Noodles Compilation Project? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking of hosting a Synth Noodles compilation project on Aural Films and wanted to see who would be interested in participating in such a project?

FYI - Synth Noodles are basically ecosystems made from setups of various modules and or synths that play themselves endlessly in real time, no recordings.They are kind of like puzzles that incorporate a random mix of modulation, note / pattern generation, and even effects processing that keep running and changing on their own without human intervention.

And yes, I acknowledge a recording of a noodle is not a noodle. This is why I am asking people for input on this idea. Seems like good fun to me to share the concept. IF, this is something worth pursuing. What would you all suggest for a minimum track time? The maximum time is limited by what can be uploaded , 600MB per track.

Chicken-Noodle-Tikkia4.jpg
 Description:
Mmmmmm Noooooodles
 Filesize:  108.45 KB
 Viewed:  19354 Time(s)

Chicken-Noodle-Tikkia4.jpg

Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to participate. Is it ok if I use Wren?

I think that 3-5 minutes would probably be good for a minimum, but for most patches you probably want longer than that just to allow it to change and evolve.

When is the deadline?

Are there any other restrictions or requirements?
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am interested in joining in with something too. Smile
Jack_Hertz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its all for fun, so I like as few rules as possible. At least here, people know what Noodles are. Smile

Fine by me to use hardware or software, but please make sure they are your own noodles. There should be some hand-on construction by the artist. I don't want people downloading Generative Music apps and just recording the output. That is not very interesting.

I am thinking the Noodles should be at least 10 mins to demonstrate some kind of evolution within the noodle. Things like Drones and layered tones type stuff will likely not be accepted.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm yeah ..

recorded noodle is a bit like nuked up pasta left overs eh ... there seems to be some scientific evidence though indicating that reheated starch is good for you .. some amylase thing IIRC.

The last noodle snapshot I made was like 27 minutes .. it may be a bit boring for it's length. Let me see if there is anything else left in the fridge .. or I could cook some fresh stuff maybe ...

What data format should we settle on?

Jack_Hertz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing @ Microwave Noodles

FLAC would be ideal, AIF and WAV are good too. Bandcamp has a limit on uploads of 600MB which is rougly 60 mins. So probably best to keep the tracks within 10-60 mins.

I am going to run this as a living project with no deadline, so it can be an ongoing thing people can contribute to without stress.

Give me a week or so to get things setup on Aural Films. At which point, I will make a new topic for the project with all the submissions details and such.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh .. on bandcamp Confused
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok .. we post the noodles here, well I'll do that anyway, and the license would allow for putting it up on whatever site is fashionable by the time it gets posted .. that'd work for me.

I corded some thing ... it will need a record tho .. fucked up the cord, the noodle is fine though I think.

Jack_Hertz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah yes, Bandcamp is what Aural Films runs on. It doesn't have another site. See here, FYI: https://auralfilms.bandcamp.com/

That is why I wanted to post the project page here. This feels like the home of Noodles and and I think it will re/introduce some people to electro-music.

I was going to ask if I could mirror all the Noodle submissions here so they all go on the radio too. So yeah, you got it. What format is best, considering drive space, MP3?

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm .. yeah .. for radio best is 128 kbps mp3, but it will play ogg and flac too - some features work not as nice then.

We'll not have disk running full soon I think.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My (first?) contribution is at : http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-63221.html I suggest people will add their contributions there. We could fiddle a bit with that of course.
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just posted in Jan's thread Smile
Jack_Hertz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool! Sorry, I won't be able to do anything till next week after the Fog Music Concert.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
hmm yeah ..

recorded noodle is a bit like nuked up pasta left overs eh ... there seems to be some scientific evidence though indicating that reheated starch is good for you .. some amylase thing IIRC.

Slight less bad for you rather than good maybe.
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Opportunities Wanted and Available
Jump to: