electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » WREN
Vst/Au 32/64 bit versions for Win/OSX/Linux?
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
alfonso

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Vst/Au 32/64 bit versions for Win/OSX/Linux? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very good stuff here!
would be great to integrate it in a DAW enviroment with all the automation facilities!
congrats!

a.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ow .. missed this one Shocked

Thanks!

Not sure about the DAW bit .. I mean, I can see how it would add value .. it is just that I don't use a DAW myself, and neither am very likely to do so soon ...

forcefielder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

will wren work in older versions of windows? I'm thinking of installing xp on my mac.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It should work in XP, but I have no XP anymore to test it on.
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have played a little with wren in a 32 bit XP PC (approx. 10 years old, I think).
hrastprogrammer

Audio files: 103

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it worked on XP/32 here as well.
calande

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, the VSTi feature is almost a requirement. That would save the hassle of having to load the synth manually, load the patches manually and keep it in the background while Cubase is running. A VSTi is so convenient (e.g. the KarmaFX Modular synth VSTi vs. the Nord Virtual Modular), you can even manage conveniently several tracks assigned to several instances of the modular synth, with the knobs always at the right settings, the right patch preloaded for each track, as soon as you load your Cubase project file. It saves so much time and hassle Cool
alfonso

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah i think a VSTi/VST fx version would be a great milestone for WREN.
It would increase a lot the user base and can have an iteresting commercial appeal too if you want to integrate it with the open source model.
Organoid

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In love with Wren,so many possibilities and great modules!
I hope so much for a vst version to use in my Daw.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been looking into the VST stuff again, but sorry .. not going to put work into it .. I do not like the Steinerg license stuff very much.

A general purpose ASIO to VST thing would be handy it seems, does such a thing not exist?

robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You do have ReWire, which is a way to route multi channel audio from software to software.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReWire_(software_protocol)

Steinberg is still involved, though... so I doubt the licence is any more attractive. Laughing

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alternatively you can try to toy a bit with Jack .. from the Wren FAQ :

Quote:
What I did:

Installed JACK, I've used the mixed 64/32 bit version.

Followed the 'Installation and Configuration' section from http://jackaudio.org/faq/jack_on_windows.html

Set JACK to run at the same sample rate as that I run Wren on, this seems to be needed or Wren will not open the JackRouter connections (so sample rate conversions seem not to be possible).

Started Wren, and then from Setup/Devices (in Wren) selected the ASIO API, and then for both the Input and Output devices I selected JackRouter. Note that this means means that you'll have to use the Port Audio interface.

Then for the 'In channels' I selected all four that were present and for the 'Out channels' likewise. The number of channels is configurable for JACK, four being the default. Wren only supports 8 channels, but these should be selectable arbitrarily from the JACK set.

With this I was able to get audio out of Wren into JACK and out of JACK into Wren .. and it looks like I get an exact copy of what I send in channels 1 and 2 back in the inputs 1 and 2.

NOTE: Wren has no native JACK support … of course … I'll look into that, but it will be a long term project – the C header files will need to be ported to Delphi.

NOTE: To see some error reporting in Wren you can try the Debug Screen [F5], it may show a reason for not being able to connect to JACK.

NOTE: This will allow for audio integration with your DAW, assuming that the DAW uses ASIO.

Organoid

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About the Steinberg license i can feel you.It's hard for many developers that i see to get a license when the software is free.
But thank you for the Jack info i will try it out:)
Keep up the great work!
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » WREN
Jump to: