electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Equipment/Software Wanted and For Sale
FS: Atari MEGA STE NT, Emagic Unitor 2, Notator [ebay]
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
jazzmonster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: FS: Atari MEGA STE NT, Emagic Unitor 2, Notator [ebay] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I decided to sell my belowed Atari.

Atari MEGA STE NT, Emagic Unitor interface and Notator software/dongle

- 2 MB RAM,
- 50 MB HDD (plenty of space for Atari).
- floppy (reads standard PC floppies so you can exchange files/between Atari and your PC)
- 2 original mouses (you can buy an adaptor online and connect any modern mouse but the original works fine too),
- original external keyboard,

- video out to VGA adaptor (for HI RES monochromatic output) - you can use any modern LCD with it,

- built in MIDI IN/OUT - with very solid timing Atari is known for,

- Emagic Unitor interface - adds 2 more MIDI INs and OUTs, SMPTE IN/OUT and expansion port,

- Emagic Notator software (with the dongle) - the legendary sequencing software, later developed into Logic on Mac/PC.

- a few blank floppy disks.

Check out http://www.notator.org/ and the original training VHS on youtube - first part here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGCFat9dMgs

Everything is working order, I used it to record a couple of tunes a few years ago when I bought it but haven't really used it much since, as I focused more on acoustic music. The Notator software is great to use although a bit different to modern sequencers - it takes a while to get used to but it is very quick and doesn't get in the way of music.

The MIDI timing is superb - the drums sound very tight compared to modern USB interfaces. I know it is a risky statement. But there is something about the timing of the midi outs - it does sound different.

The dongle socket on Unitor interface is a bit temperamental, sometimes it requires removing the dongle and plugging it back in/restarting the computer - but nothing too serious.

Obviously it is a fully working Atari MEGA STE so it can be used for any other software written for it (incl. early versions of Cubase) and games. There are floppy disk images on the internet with all kinds of software.

I should mention that the Atari logo sticker has been removed from the computer by the previous owner (see photo). Obviously this doesn't affect anything. Logo strips are available on ebay should that bother you. Someone tried to modify the front cover for whatever reason and removed a small bit of plastic in front of the floopy drive - it doesn't affect the drive itself (see photo).

Also one of the 4 memory banks' sockets is slightly damaged and 1 memory stick needs to be held in place with some tape (see photo). This has been working fine for several years now. I thought I should mention that in case the memory gets dislodged in transport - in that case all you have to do is reseat it.

The whole setup can be seen working in Dublin.

It is very rare to have a complete working setup like above.

The Atari ST scene is still quite active and there are people actively developing software and hardware. For example: http://joo.kie.sk/?page_id=384 - really cool project that allows you to incorporate USB, memory card (instead of a harddrive) and LAN with windows file sharing. This hardware extension is not included but can be purchased online.

The item is in Dublin, Ireland. You are very welcome to collect in person. I can post it worldwide by courier (insured and properly packed). Please contact me if you're interested for exact postage price.

Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Equipment/Software Wanted and For Sale
Jump to: