electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Nord Modular G2 Demo
Page 2 of 2 [45 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Electromagnetic Wave

G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Joshy,

What did you used to see the code and to make these changes? Are you working directly with the .exe with something as Reshacker? Or you decompile and recompile the code with a tool ?
bananabreadman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Virtual Modular on Bootcamp :) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy:

Your Virtual G2, with the unlocked modules, is a blessing. It works very well in Windows 7 on Bootcamp. The audio playback is coming through my M-Audio Firewire 410.Any improvements you decide to make would be most welcome! Especially, how to increase the Patch Load capacity. In Windows 7 / Bootcamp on my Intel i7 MacBookPro, the Patch Load maxes out when the CPU Load has only reached about 30%.

Steve

Last edited by bananabreadman on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome bananabreadman

Great to have you here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
madmoments

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you so much!!! Smile
calande

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It works like a charm with Cubase and LoopBe1 in-between, but having to load everything each time I start Cubase is a pain, and time-consuming...Do you think it could be possible to embed Nord Virtual Modular in an application seen by Cubase as a VSTI? (e.g. nordmodular_loader.dll) This way, when you load your track, Nord Virtual Modular is loaded automatically, with the right patch, and with the right knob positions. That would be a great milestone! Thanks.
monobass

G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has anyone got this working via Wine in OSX? Someone kindly gave me a 'Wine Bottle' version which they are running fine... but I can't get it to run, it asks me if I want to check for updates on boot.. but whatever I select it then basically just freezes and quits.

Apparently it's the demo version 1.4, the .app was created on 27th Dec 2013

monobass

G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok nothing to see here... I got Joshys version as attached running fine in the full version of Wine (rather than the 'bottled' version) Very Happy
marioisaac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there a new release for this? Any update? I would love to try it Smile
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no new release AFAIK. Try it anyway. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
marioisaac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did try it, and use it already.

The MIDI Modules work, but the others don't Sad.
Would be cool to enable the Audio IN, and use the G2 as an FX Processor Smile

Anyway, there is still a lot to experiment within the "Monophonic limitations" of the G2, so that will keep me busy for a while Smile

Although I don't lose hope to someday be able to use it as an FX Processor Smile
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I remember correctly, the audio input function never worked on the demo.
marioisaac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is correct.
In my previous post I was refering to the hacked version.

The only difference between the Demo and this hacked version, is that the MIDI Modules work on the hacked version.
docsample

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awesome, thanks for this and hope you continue to hack this!!
Yot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDIT :

I made bottled wine versions of the official Nord G2 Demo and the Nord Virtual Modular modified by Joshy that both work on OSX. You don't need to install bootcamp or any virtual OS. No need to install anything.
It contains all the Wine binaries so the app can run without prior install of Wine.

Get them here (scroll down under the G1 Editor, then Nord G2 Demo, then Nord Virtual Modular by Joshy)
http://www.stage-engine.com/micro-modular-1/

Enjoy!
indigenous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Not enough memory to perform requested action Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi JP

I was hoping someone might do this one day. I contacted Clavia years ago and suggested they release a VST/AU version of the G2 given it was out of production. They where pretty snobby about it and said 'we only make hardware synthesizers' to which i replied, DSP is hardly a hardware synth, given it is all software...

I was hoping to get this working, but it pops up an error message:

"Not enough memory to perform requested action"

When selecting the MIDI/Audio options in the menu...

Any idea what is wrong?

K
nuts

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Not enough memory to perform requested action Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

indigenous wrote:

I was hoping to get this working, but it pops up an error message:

"Not enough memory to perform requested action"

When selecting the MIDI/Audio options in the menu...

Any idea what is wrong?

K

Same here, i even got this message when i open the software.

I'm running an old dual core PC with 2gb of ram, out of specs maybe ?

Please, if someone can help that would be great.
tomhall

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seems that the DX modules aren't working
pajzd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hola chicos ! chicas !!!

i believe autechre made their nm patches
available !!!!! from when they were touring in 2008 Cool

https://autechre.wetransfer.com/downloads/4023f9c218257c781686602c8998f29b20181113151706/08cde1

i also tried something out (( b4 autechre patches were available)) ) ) ) , just with the mouse pointer, no controller

https://audiomack.com/song/jap/patch000

afterwards i connected a midi controller & it worked out ... variation dos
will be soon out .. ..
Redline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yot wrote:
EDIT :
I made bottled wine versions of the official Nord G2 Demo

Should the Audio In work on this? Or was that never actually working in the original demo version?

The bottled version works fine but the Audio In emits a high pitched signal with nothing going into my soundcard, just wondered that was to be expected?
cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi -- As far as I can recall, Audio In was never enabled in the G2 Demo.
Page 2 of 2 [45 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: