electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
OS/Editor repository
Page 2 of 2 [48 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Static Motion

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where can I find 1.40 for osx ?
Oli

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Static Motion wrote:
Where can I find 1.40 for osx ?

gomidas wrote:
Old Mac version are here : http://www.macmusic.org/software/view.php/lang/fr/id/2825/
If anybody want them... Wink

Hi Static Motion. If you are able to verify the files provided at the site linked to above, would you please upload them to this thread?

Cheers

gomidas

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

>>> OSX PPC <<< Nord Modular G2 Editor v1.40
+ G2 Synth Update v1.40

MAC INTEL SHOULD USE IT FOR G2 SYNTH OS v1.40 UPDATE...

IT IS MORE STABLE THAN v1.62 Embarassed

...You can use Mac INTEL G2 Editor v1.62 with OS v1.40, they work well together. Wink

Best

Gomi

NordModularG2_V140.dmg
 Description:
OSX PPC Nord Modular G2 Editor 1.40
+ G2 Synth update v1.40

Download
 Filename:  NordModularG2_V140.dmg
 Filesize:  7.13 MB
 Downloaded:  1320 Time(s)

Oli

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gomidas wrote:
+ G2 Synth Update v1.40...i

So the files linked to won't work with current Intel Macs?

Perhaps someone here has a copy of the appropriate files, backed up somewhere?

gomidas

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oli wrote:
gomidas wrote:
+ G2 Synth Update v1.40...i

So the files linked to won't work with current Intel Macs?

Perhaps someone here has a copy of the appropriate files, backed up somewhere?

Intel Mac G2 Editor v1.62 @ Clavia http://www.clavia.se/main.asp?tm=Support&clsm=Downloads

>>>DON'T USE SYNTH OS UPDATE V1.62, ONLY THE EDITOR<<<
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not the synth update?
Static Motion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
Why not the synth update?

Because it can corrupt internal memory patches !
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-240360.html#240360
doctorno

G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gomidas wrote:
+ G2 Synth Update v1.40

IT IS MORE STABLE THAN v1.62

Thank you very much for this advice. Now with Synth OS 1.4 and Editor 1.62 it seems that my G2 works again. The editor broke down every few minutes if it worked at all, when I had Synth OS 1.62 installed.
Neon Sega

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's great i can cure it! Last month I've had a lot of patching and had some freeze affairs. I've minded on some XP or OS X causes, but I see I was mistaken. Thank you, community! I'm on 1.4+1.62Editor know.
nicolaschenard

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: OS/Editor repository
Subject description: Repository of old versions of OS, editor, and USB driver
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oli wrote:
I wondered if it may be worthwhile storing the 1.40 versions online here. I

thank you so much for posting OS 1.4 Smile
right now i'm trying to get back from my buggy 1.62 to the 1.4
the probleme is :

the 1.40 updater says : "current statuts : no nord modular connected" so i can't apply the update, whereas the 1.62 updater recognizes the g2 perfectly.

i tryed on windows 7 and xp, both in 64 bits. could it work if i try the 1.4 update on a 32 bits system?

help anyone? Wink thank you Nicolas
Xp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: OS/Editor repository
Subject description: Repository of old versions of OS, editor, and USB driver
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nicolaschenard wrote:
Oli wrote:
I wondered if it may be worthwhile storing the 1.40 versions online here. I

thank you so much for posting OS 1.4 Smile
right now i'm trying to get back from my buggy 1.62 to the 1.4
the probleme is :

the 1.40 updater says : "current statuts : no nord modular connected" so i can't apply the update, whereas the 1.62 updater recognizes the g2 perfectly.

i tryed on windows 7 and xp, both in 64 bits. could it work if i try the 1.4 update on a 32 bits system?

help anyone? Wink thank you Nicolas

I also have the most problem.

tell me please - how to get back to OS version 1.4? I installed Editor 1.4 and ran UpDate, but this program does not see the G2. No connection. Although UpDate 1.6 works well
goinz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

please respond to the last both threads... i also can not rollback to 1.4, no chance. i get rid of that usb trouble with g2 engine (os 1.62).
i tried alot troubleshoting on 4 differnent computers win7 or xp, latop or desktop, all doesnt run propper.
Oli

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

goinz wrote:
please respond to the last both threads... i also can not rollback to 1.4, no chance.

I'm guessing no one has done this successfully. Have you contacted Clavia?

goinz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok folks... after a frustrating 12 hours "g2 engine must work" session yesterday with 5 different computers and a bottle of wine i got the silly solution. (The g2 engine wasnt in use for more then 1 year because i was really sad about the connection dropouts.)

After 8 hours testing on 4 PC's with winxp and win7 and several reinstallation of all drivers and editor versions, i had the situation that my g2 engine works on no PC anymore so i was 1 second before throwing it out of my window.

But then comes the BAAMM. I took a shorter usb cable (dont know if that was important) and I gave Windows Vista a chance and i took my girlfriends notebook running 2.16 usb and 1.62 editor. It was working fine with no dropouts after 1hour test. Getting her notebook was not the best way for the future, so i put again from her vista laptop the os 1.62 into the g2 engine. I dont know why but I did it.
Then I took my (cleaned up from all clavia driver and Software waste, registry etc.) winxp sp2 laptop again, putting 1.62 and 2.16usb on it and now its running!!!! -since 3 hours without any dropout.

isnt it stupid???

p.s.: It was the first time it makes me happy that my girlfriend has a Windows Vista Laptop running.
goinz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

grrr.... 5 minutes after writing this I put the running g2 engine back on its old place on my table and then i got the first connection dropout. Restarting all and it works again. Reinserting the usb cable brings nothing because my winxp laptop says "unknown device". For me it looks a bit like a usb problem in the g2 engine chip.

One note may be interisting for someone, I have an extra laptop to have the editor and the g2 engine running. I dont use my music computer for the G2 engine usb connection. Only midi is connected to the g2 engine from my music PC.

Damn... while writing this i get the 2nd dropout....
drumfish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i sent a mail to clavia asking if they think of an other update or a bug fix release ... i got : discontinued product but we think about every & the lot of request we've had about the g2 ... apparently they don't leave aside the g2 ... fingers crossed
LektroiD

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gomidas wrote:
+ G2 Synth Update v1.40

...You can use Mac INTEL G2 Editor v1.62 with OS v1.40, they work well together. Wink

Best

Gomi

This doesn't work... I can't connect the Nord, it says "No Nord Modular G2 connected" on the updater... So, I switch the G2 off and on and says "Found Nord Modular G2", but nothing happens... The "Update" button is greyed out and the only option is to Quit... When I do that I'm back to square 1 saying it is not connected...

How do I 'update' the OS from 1.62 to 1.40 on an Intel Mac?

*ADDENDUM*

I updated the OS to 1.40 using my MacBook Pro (I don't know why the Mac Pro wouldn't see it)... However, the patch will still not load on editor 1.62...

mrdos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LektroiD wrote:
gomidas wrote:
+ G2 Synth Update v1.40

Best

Gomi

This doesn't work... I can't connect the Nord, it says "No Nord Modular G2 connected" on the updater... So, I switch the G2 off and on and says "Found Nord Modular G2", but nothing happens... The "Update" button is greyed out and the only option is to Quit... When I do that I'm back to square 1 saying it is not connected...

How do I 'update' the OS from 1.62 to 1.40 on an Intel Mac?

*ADDENDUM*

I updated the OS to 1.40 using my MacBook Pro (I don't know why the Mac Pro wouldn't see it)... However, the patch will still not load on editor 1.62...

Hey friend, could you tell me how you downgraded the G2 OS to 1.40 using your Macbook Pro? Was this when OS X still supported Rosetta? Looks like it was 2013 so I thought support was dropped at that time. The only 1.40 updater I can find is for PowerPC, so I cannot run it.

I am stuck at 1.62 because the 1.40 Updater (nor the Editor) in Windows XP (in Parallels) cannot "see" the G2 (though Windows sees it, and the driver from Clavia is installed).

Gothboy

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about the Mac version for Micro modular? Is it still just this http://www.nordkeyboards.com/downloads/legacy/nord-modular or is there now an update to take it to Mountain Lion at least?
Novation SL49/Remote Zero
Mophox4, Nord Lead 2, Roland System 1, Novation Nova, Nord Micro modular, Korg Radias, Roland d-05, Yamaha A3000 sampler, Novation SL MK2 and Remote Zero controllers, Arturia Beatstep and SparkLE

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Dymaxion Vehicle Music at www.dymaxionvehicle.com/
chapelier fou

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also have occasional corrupted patches, and wish to install 1.40 from 1.62.
I'm on Win XP but also have this situation where the Dump Tool says "No Norrd Modular G2 connected". (while it runs "fine" with the 1.62 editor).
Any idea ?
Electromagnetic Wave

G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe try another USB cable or another USB port. Or try to unplug other USB devices?
chapelier fou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Electromagnetic Wave wrote:
maybe try another USB cable or another USB port. Or try to unplug other USB devices?

Pretty sure I tried this. But I'll give it another try.
chapelier fou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I just gave it a try today again without luck.

I started on XP, with a fully functional 1.62 setup.
I uninstalled the USB driver. Then plugged the G2, and pointed the "Device Installer" to the 1.00 USB driver (dowloaded page 1 of this thread).
Then run the 1.40 installer. In the end I chose "launch synth updater" (or something like this, supposed to install OS 1.40 in the G2). But the G2 is not recognized.

The weird part is that, after that, the 1.62 editor still runs well and connects to the G2 as before.

Any help ?

Also, another question :
I'm doing this on an XP machine, but will I be able to run the 1.40 editor on a Win 10 machine ?

Thanks !!

EDIT : HURRAY I finally managed to downgrade.
I was fooled by another driver installer that was on the computer desktop, but the 1.0.0 version that's in this topic is working properly !
Still a valid question if it will be running on Win 10.
Page 2 of 2 [48 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: