electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » The layout factory
EFM VCF 4622 Moog Taurus type Transistor Ladder
Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
jbeuckm

Audio files: 9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: EFM VCF 4622 Moog Taurus type Transistor Ladder Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This layout is verified. The cutoff pot should be connected to -12v instead of ground to completely close the filter.

Files: https://github.com/jbeuckm/EFM_VCF_4622

(image updated with the fix now)

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
isak

Audio files: 18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you vey much Smile
Sebo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for sharing!!!
https://www.facebook.com/cosaquitos/
isak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi jbeuckm.

Did you built this board?
I found an intetesting post about the 4622:
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-26994-0.html&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
Maybe it will be worth checking Wink

jbeuckm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I built one to test the general layout, but the one on Github is modified a lot since then. It worked, but the early layout needed a kludge to get -12v to the freq pot. I need to verify the newer version soon.
isak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let me know how it went Smile
Cheers Smile

jbeuckm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Latest version v0.2 works. I fixed the -12V frequency pot thing, moved things around some and moved the CV+Q+F pots slightly further apart so they aren't jammed in.

IMG_4273.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  160.14 KB
 Viewed:  501 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

IMG_4273.JPG

LFLab

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While at lunch break the other day, I added the Taurus VCA to this (you still have another ota in the lm13700).
I have a github account, just can't figure out how to create repositories for my stuff. Will share when i can get github going.
bamboombaps

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

let me know when you do id like to have a look
jbeuckm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LFLab - that would be excellent. Git has a learning curve but it's the perfect way to work on this stuff. Here is a good way to proceed with your addon:

-- Go to my repository and "fork" it. This makes a copy into your Github account. There is a "fork" button in the upper right of the Github page.

-- "Clone" the new repository onto your computer. This requires some kind of Git client software - you might use Github's client or install the command line version of Git (I show some example command lines below).

[git clone git@github.com:lflab/EFM_VCF_4622.git]

-- Overwrite the downloaded schematic and board files with your new ones.

-- "Commit" the new files with Git, adding a message to describe the changes.

[git commit -a -m "added Taurus VCA"]

-- "Push" back up to Github to publish your results.

[git push origin master]

At that point your Github account will hold the updated version. If you wanted to, you could submit a "pull request" to tell me (publisher of the original repo that you forked) that your update is ready to incorporate into the original repo.

Here is a helpful Git tutorial: https://try.github.io/levels/1/challenges/1
LFLab

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I'd already created my own Github repo's.
I installed Github Desktop, and if I open a repo, I can see the contents, but I can't seem to be able to publish them, I get a "failed to sync" error, saying that the repo needs to be debugged. To be honest, it could be the firewall I am behind at work, I'll take my pc home and retry.
But I am staying away from commandlines and such, if there's something handy as dropbox, which works great (I do appreciate revision control, it's a major part of my work, but for small projects like this, well, maybe it's more trouble than it's worth).
This is what I have now:

Double sided, the red dotted outline is a ground plane (it shows fully red after pressing the rats nest button, but I find that's not helpful when checking the routing)
jbeuckm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool LFLab!

Warning: I drew the Erthenvar jacks and they are not tested for manufacturing. I would like to have used slots, but I use overlapping holes because that's what the "pcbgcode" ULP can handle and it works on my CNC router.
LFLab

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, those slots did have me wondering, and I don't think iTEAD allows milling contours, figured I can always take a needle file and open up the two holes.
jbeuckm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If they do allow overlapping holes, these three work perfectly well with no manual adjustment.

I tried to overlap .04" holes but kept breaking the bit, so these are .052
n.d

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I`m somewhat lost. Is the VCF+VCA version available?
If so, is it tested?
LFLab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Build one and find out! Do you have experience? Shouldn't be too hard.
n.d

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LFLAB: yes, I have experience.
What I meant to ask is if the layout is available.
If i get to be the first builder, I`ll gladly share my experience with everybody.
LFLab

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eagle files EFM4622

Here are my Eagle files, keep us updated on your progress.
LFLab

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey n.d., are you managing to build this thing?
masterofstuff124

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

planning on building one of these Up. LF labs looks like its missing several connections and ground. some of the components are not connected to anything. So ill most likely build the original. Ill also just etch it instead of getting many boards made.
LFLab

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's because it has a groundplane, which is not shown in the picture for clarity). Very Happy

Let me know if you'd like the eagle files.
masterofstuff124

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is it just the same file that you posted earlier? i was looking at that one in eagle.
LFLab

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, yes, I posted it earlier. I have changed some things, added trimmers for self resonance (based on frequency centrals raging bull).
I'll upload the latest version tonight.
Regarding the ground plane, push the rats nest button in eagle and it should be filled in.

Edit: Updated files in my dropbox!
Eagle files EFM4622
LFLab

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And so, more than a year later, I shuffled some components, added a two pole connection and some holes so a daughterboard can be added to also have the two pole output available. And, I finally ordered some boards!
Did anyone else?

I can put the Eagle files in my dropbox once more, I've given up on Github.
n.d

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi LFLab. Notification on your reply never came. I'll build it as soon as I can. Sorry.

Edit: if you can, upload the new design please.
Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » The layout factory
Jump to: